Love and Punishment | Page 126 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Aussiefan

Rinkside
Hello everyone hope you all had a great weekend.
Re-watching ep 33 and I think I figured out what the secret is...maybe!!!
While in the study Pala and Shanur are discussing winter provisions for the villages.
Could it be that Fidan is not a where about the powder business which the Baldar’s have been involved for years and where the bulk of their income came from. (she’s very confused and not able to understand what’s happening around them)
And possibly due to Haldun’s overdose, she will never forgive him.
Maybe I’m grasping at straws....
Enjoy your day,
Aussiefan

Meganda, I was having the same issues for a few weeks on not been able to access the forum.
My condolences for your loss and take care.

Scout12

On the Ice
While in the study Pala and Shanur are discussing winter provisions for the villages.
Could it be that Fidan is not a where about the powder business which the Baldar’s have been involved for years and where the bulk of their income came from. (she’s very confused and not able to understand what’s happening around them)

Aussiefan - wow, with all the times I've watched this series, I never noticed this - good catch! I'm watching ep 33 again now, specifically to see this part. I watched ep 30 a few days ago. Remember when Savas, Pala and Cicek were driving to the airport to go to Van for her brothers funeral, and Yasemin calls in a panic - Mehmet mailed copies of the paparazzi photos to her, Sahnur and Cicek. When Pala called Fidan to get her to intercept the envelope before Sahnur opened it, Savas questioned his uncle - "you told Fidan about Omer, why"? Pala says something like "you know your aunt, the kind of person she is, and by the way I share everything with my wife". Maybe he meant everything but this - the drug stuff - but I'm interested now to watch some episodes over again and watch for Fidan around the drug discussions and developments.

So sorry Meganda - condolences.

NazAli - thanks.

NazAli

On the Ice
Enjoy your day,
Aussiefan

Meganda, I was having the same issues for a few weeks on not been able to access the forum.
My condolences for your loss and take care.

Aussiefan - wow, with all the times I've watched this series, I never noticed this - good catch! I'm watching ep 33 again now, specifically to see this part. I watched ep 30 a few days ago. Remember when Savas, Pala and Cicek were driving to the airport to go to Van for her brothers funeral, and Yasemin calls in a panic - Mehmet mailed copies of the paparazzi photos to her, Sahnur and Cicek. When Pala called Fidan to get her to intercept the envelope before Sahnur opened it, Savas questioned his uncle - "you told Fidan about Omer, why"? Pala says something like "you know your aunt, the kind of person she is, and by the way I share everything with my wife". Maybe he meant everything but this - the drug stuff - but I'm interested now to watch some episodes over again and watch for Fidan around the drug discussions and developments.

So sorry Meganda - condolences.

NazAli - thanks.

Hello Ladies,

About the drugs, that's one aspect that Fidan never knew because, they all kept it from Her and Savas.
We all know how Savas finds out about it and goes about getting away from that's aspect of the family name.
There are some things that stay hidden and others not. Pala later hides his affair from his wife, but later she finds out.
I think up to the point when Pala is collapsing out of anxiety and having to go for surgery Fidan had no idea, but those then points the finger at Sahnur, and not at Pala.

Nice that we're all getting the rhythm back and chatting when we can ��

Scout12

On the Ice
NazAli, Denner - you're right about Fidan. And Pala. About certain things Pala talked to Fidan, shared information. About other things he didn't - ex. the drug business, and his relationship with Ceyda. I'm just kind of gobsmacked that I didn't notice that Fidan was in the dark about the drug business. I knew she was upset with Sahnur and blamed her for the stress Pala was under - angry that Sahnur inserted herself into business decisions because she was not above pushing for them to do something shady. But when the police came to the mansion and took Pala and Sahnur away in cuffs, it should have registered with me because Fidan was sobbing "what's going on, what's going on".

Obviously I need to watch the whole series over again because I've missed things - YES!

When people talked about starting up discussions of LP at Ep 32 again, I went back and started at 30 and I just finished 35. I don't believe we see anybody telling Endam that Orhan was killed, but is there any reference to it - you know, that she was told. or she knows?

NazAli

On the Ice
Hi Scout,

Yes you're right. We do not see Endam again after she lets her husband escape. We're not told about Endam knowing that Orhan was killed either, but her leaving the mansion and going back to Van suggests that she knew. This is also because they did find Orhan's body and pressumably it was then taken back to Van for the final rights.
That's my reading in between the lines.

Have a lovely week ladies.

NazAli.

Ps: Anything else recommendable to watch ?
I'm gonna start watching season 2 L&P again.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Dafna

On the Ice
OMG I can't believe this, I finally got in. Somehow a while back I literally couldn't enter the forum. Thought it was because I didn't send them money to support them. Tried to correct it but then seemed to be blocked out of the website. So.... I gave up and became busy with other things. Today I received an email from golden skate giving me a link to click to get in and wonders never cease I was able to get into the website, so I'll be back again. Had a death in the family so I'm just finishing up some things and have a busy weekend, I'll be back this coming week to stay in touch with all of you, So sorry and good to see that the same thing didn't happen to all of you. My best to you all.

Meganda, my condolences for your loss, take care yourself.

Dafna

On the Ice
Maybe you have seen this, but I just discovered a new movie on Netflix: “Act of Vengeance”. I put it on my list, and I’ll watch it over the weekend. It is interesting, because for quite some time a have been thinking why doesn’t happen a collaboration of Hollywood and Turkish cinematography (that is so good). This movie is Turkish production, direction, music everything is Turkish, but artists are Turkish and American. There is Danny Glover, Gina Gershwin and Robert Patrick. There are many Turkish actors that we seen in these serials. It is played in New York, Istanbul and other places. It is in English. The Turkish actors speak English, at least for some minutes that I saw it. I’ll come back with updates after watching it.

Dafna

On the Ice
NazAli, Denner - you're right about Fidan. And Pala. About certain things Pala talked to Fidan, shared information. About other things he didn't - ex. the drug business, and his relationship with Ceyda. I'm just kind of gobsmacked that I didn't notice that Fidan was in the dark about the drug business. I knew she was upset with Sahnur and blamed her for the stress Pala was under - angry that Sahnur inserted herself into business decisions because she was not above pushing for them to do something shady. But when the police came to the mansion and took Pala and Sahnur away in cuffs, it should have registered with me because Fidan was sobbing "what's going on, what's going on".

Obviously I need to watch the whole series over again because I've missed things - YES!

When people talked about starting up discussions of LP at Ep 32 again, I went back and started at 30 and I just finished 35. I don't believe we see anybody telling Endam that Orhan was killed, but is there any reference to it - you know, that she was told. or she knows?

Aussiefan, Denner, Scout and NazAli, beside all you mentioned about Pala hiding things from Fidan, there is another instance when he keeps her in the dark. I believe is E41, when Savas and Pala come back from Van. The next morning in their bedroom getting ready Fidan asks him what happened with their son being abducted, why was he missing etc etc, and Pala didn’t say her anything about it. I found it very strange, considering that she was a smart woman, down to earth, common sense. I didn’t understand why. I think he didn’t want her to panick, maybe.
I like Fidan’s character. I like in E30 or 31, when she gets from Sahnur that big envelope with Yasi’s and Savas’s pictures. She took it from her like a gangster, haha. Love that scene.

Smile23

On the Ice
Just a heads up, Magnificent Century is leaving Netflix on December 2nd. If you had it on your to-watch list, make sure you watch it now.

Scout12

On the Ice
Just a heads up, Magnificent Century is leaving Netflix on December 2nd. If you had it on your to-watch list, make sure you watch it now.

Magnificent Century - is the whole series on Netflix? I've never watched it - did you enjoy? I'm watching Bodyguard right now - just started. BBC series - got really good reviews.

Dafna

On the Ice
Maybe you have seen this, but I just discovered a new movie on Netflix: “Act of Vengeance”. I put it on my list, and I’ll watch it over the weekend. It is interesting, because for quite some time a have been thinking why doesn’t happen a collaboration of Hollywood and Turkish cinematography (that is so good). This movie is Turkish production, direction, music everything is Turkish, but artists are Turkish and American. There is Danny Glover, Gina Gershwin and Robert Patrick. There are many Turkish actors that we seen in these serials. It is played in New York, Istanbul and other places. It is in English. The Turkish actors speak English, at least for some minutes that I saw it. I’ll come back with updates after watching it.

Hello Ladies,

Update: I watched “Act of Vengeance”. It is a good movie. It doesn’ have any love story like LP, but it is interesting and entertaining.It has some nice shots of New York City, Istanbul and some of its churches’ interiors, that are breathtaking. It is in English, and it has subtitles for Turkish dialogues.

Tesekkur ederim :)

Aussiefan

Rinkside
Hello ladies,
My heart goes out to everyone who lives in California. Thinking of you all and hope everyone is safe.
Sending all my love ,
Aussiefan

Dafna

On the Ice
Hello Ladies!

Hello Meganda and CokGuzel, I know you both are in California (I am not aware of anybody else being there), and I hope you are far away from the fires. What I saw on tv is very frightening. I hope everything is ok with you!
I also hope you see our messages here.
Thinking of you, Hugs, Dafna.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Hello Ladies!

Hello Meganda and CokGuzel, I know you both are in California (I am not aware of anybody else being there), and I hope you are far away from the fires. What I saw on tv is very frightening. I hope everything is ok with you!
I also hope you see our messages here.
Thinking of you, Hugs, Dafna.

Hello Dafna and everyone,
Apologies for the silence, I couldn’t get in! The fire is now 💯 contained, thank God. It was a thousand miles from San Francisco and the area where I live but the air quality was really toxic for a few days, the air index was at 200 - very unhealthy before Thanksgiving. Rain has come in and cleared everything. My heart and prayers go to the people who lost everything. I’m fine, Meggy is fine as well I hope. Thanks and will try to catch up again. XOXO, Coki

NazAli

On the Ice
Hello everyone. What's happening? Miss y'all.

Hello Everyone,

I hope that its getting better for you all whatever the case may be.
I watched the Arabic version of the Grand Hotel I think - The Secret of the Nile - I loved it.
I didn't watch the Spanish Version as I had no Idea the storyline is the same, might watch it but I think the Arabic version was good.
I miss having the English Translations of Ask ve Ceza, so I started the Turkish version on youtube :)
Anything new to watch before we all get back to discussing new insights into our favorite show ???

Take care and chat soon y'all.

NazAli

Dafna

On the Ice
Hello Coki, hello Ladies,
Finally a word from California girls :yahoo:, happy to hear you are ok.

I have been checking here and assumed you all were busy cooking and baking the turkey ��
I haven’t found any new show, but I also have been watching L&P on youtube (no translation). I am enjoying it, and because it doesn’t have the translation you concentrate more on the play.
If anybody finds a new show, please tell, running out of things to watch.

Tesekkur ederim! Dafna

NazAli

On the Ice
I to am watching season 1 on U tube. I don't need the dialogue because I've watched it so many times. I did notice something on YouTube that wasn't on Netflix. It was the one when they went for the weekend and Yasmin left and went to bodrum. YouTube showed Savas waiting for her in the restaurant and him finally calling her. It also showed her leaving the note for him. That wasn't on Netflix. I loved Humsafar. Watched it several times. Not much on Netflix to watch.

Yeah I noticed that too :agree:

Dafna

On the Ice
Mehraba Ladies,
Hope everything is going well with you all. Have any of you watched “Intersection”? I started it, I am on episode 4, and it looks a very good movie. I am really liking it so far.
Hope to hear from you. Have a wonderful weekend.
Greetings, Dafna