Love and Punishment | Page 127 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Dafna

On the Ice
Mehraba Ladies,
I hope you still come here. Miss our discussions and you all.

I wish everyone has a good, prosperous 2019, and be happy and healthy!
Wishing you all the best, hoping to see you here,
Dafna

hillbob

Rinkside
Intersection is good but I don’t like how it ends! The love story is different, but it has a good plot.

hillbob

Rinkside
Hello Everyone,

I hope that its getting better for you all whatever the case may be.
I watched the Arabic version of the Grand Hotel I think - The Secret of the Nile - I loved it.
I didn't watch the Spanish Version as I had no Idea the storyline is the same, might watch it but I think the Arabic version was good.
I miss having the English Translations of Ask ve Ceza, so I started the Turkish version on youtube :)
Anything new to watch before we all get back to discussing new insights into our favorite show ???

Take care and chat soon y'all.

NazAli
I loved Secrets of the Nile” beautiful love story!!

hillbob

Rinkside
I
Mehraba Ladies,
I hope you still come here. Miss our discussions and you all.

I wish everyone has a good, prosperous 2019, and be happy and healthy!
Wishing you all the best, hoping to see you here,
Dafna

Hello �� I have been away for a while. I hope every one is having a good new year so far! I have been watching Ezel second Season 2 on you tube. It is pretty good but very hard to read the subtitles. Does anyone have suggestions on what would be goid to watch next?

Scout12

On the Ice
Is anyone interested in having first episode translated? Sophia said 30.00 episode

Denner, I'm interested.

I could be wrong, but my feeling is that LP won't be coming back to Netflix. The series Grand Hotel - half of the series was translated, English subtitles - and shown on Netflix for a while, and then it was removed. Can't remember how long it was gone, but it came back later with the full series translated. That might happen with LP, but the thing is everything leaves the Netflix catalogue for good at some point and then we'll be without LP season 1 again. And for me LP is something I know I'll always go back to and watch.

So it's $30.00 US per episode, and that's split among all who are interested - is that right? The more people interested, the less it will cost each person?

NazAli

On the Ice
I think that's more than what was paid for season 2. I wish I could hear from Meganda because she knows how it was.

Hello Ladies,

Happy New Year !
Meganda would help is this indeed.
By the way has anyone watched Love is in the Air?
Is it worth watching?
I will try and check out Nazli ve Ferit.
Chat soon.
NazAli

Dafna

On the Ice
Hello Ladies, hello NazAli,
I haven’t watched Love is in the air. I just finished Intersection. Loved it. Beautiful series. Too many things to say about it. Something interesting about it: the first two Seasons have 13 episodes each, and the third Season had only 5 episodes, and in my opinion left some things unsolved or unsettled or/and solved in a kind of rush. I went on line, and read that this series was the most watched one in Turkey. Every week 34 million people tuned in for it. In the third Season after the writers gave a tragic end to the main character, people got so angry they abandoned the series and even the channel that was giving it. So they were pushed to end it quickly. The character with the tragic end is seen as a darling of Turkey, and their religion and society in general believe that when you do good you find good.

It came up as suggestion on YouTube:”Broken pieces”. The first episode was translated, I wasn’t able to find other ones. It looked really good. Nurgul Yesilcay (Yasemine from LP) plays the main character. I played it a bit, it was good. If anybody finds the rest, let me know.
I will definitely check Nazli ve Ferit.

Have a nice week everybody!

NazAli

On the Ice
Hello Ladies, hello NazAli,
I haven’t watched Love is in the air. I just finished Intersection. Loved it. Beautiful series. Too many things to say about it. Something interesting about it: the first two Seasons have 13 episodes each, and the third Season had only 5 episodes, and in my opinion left some things unsolved or unsettled or/and solved in a kind of rush. I went on line, and read that this series was the most watched one in Turkey. Every week 34 million people tuned in for it. In the third Season after the writers gave a tragic end to the main character, people got so angry they abandoned the series and even the channel that was giving it. So they were pushed to end it quickly. The character with the tragic end is seen as a darling of Turkey, and their religion and society in general believe that when you do good you find good.

It came up as suggestion on YouTube:”Broken pieces”. The first episode was translated, I wasn’t able to find other ones. It looked really good. Nurgul Yesilcay (Yasemine from LP) plays the main character. I played it a bit, it was good. If anybody finds the rest, let me know.
I will definitely check Nazli ve Ferit.

Have a nice week everybody!

Hi Dafna,

I loved the first 2 seasons of intersection until it just the end of the second season when the former love interest came into play. I couldn’t believe there was not even a kiss between Naz and ALi, but when the new character came it was, right there. I knew that was the end for me.
I did not bother with the 3rd season.
But because of my disappointment with Intersection, :disapp:I discovered Love and Punishment. I must say still the best of them all.:love:
I will look for Nazli ve Ferit also and broken pieces.:pray:
So is it worth watching this ‘Love is in the Air’??
Chat soon ladies.

NazAli

NazAli

On the Ice
Don't waste your time on Love Is in the Air. I did not like it at all. The one I recommend is Humsafar

Thanks, Denner. I stopped watching that.

Hello ladies,
I just started Dolunay the one with Ferit and Nazli. Liking it so far. Some places are similar to the places in L&P. Like the police station, the school and now I’ve discovered the hotel we were once asking about from L& P. Where they went on a short vacation. It’s in a town called Sapanca. About 136 Km from Istanbul.

One of these days we’ll get back to finishing our analysis of L&P.

Chat soon ladies. :)

Scout12

On the Ice
I've been watching season 2 again - ep 61 and 62 to go, then done. I'm sorry there's no season 1 with english subtitles, but..... thats life. Love and Punishment is like Jane Austen for me - over time it's something I'll always return to. The discussions were fun, but I guess people moved on to other things. I check here for suggestions on what else to watch - hope people will keep posting movies and tv shows they've enjoyed. It helps if you include where you found it too - the streaming service.

Dafna

On the Ice
Hello Ladies,
Happy to hear from you, and happy to hear we might still keep in touch. I have been sick flu, bronchitis and now recouping from all, still not out of the woods, so plenty of time resting and watching tv. ��
Thank you for all the info about the new shows.
Thank you Denner ����, I watched Dolunay, Nazli and Ferit, it was beautiful. I wasn’t that convinced at the beginning but ended up to be a really good show, thanks again!

Recently I found on youtube, “Collision” (“Carpisma”). It is fully translated, and it is a good translation. I havent’ watched the last two episodes, because the series is going on right now, and they translate it as it goes. It said that the last episode was aired on 02/12, and it will be put with translation on youtube on 02/16. The main character is played beautifully by Kivanc Tatlitug. I never seen him before, he is a real good actor. And because of all you guys disappointment of the other series that he plays, I never watched it. This is a good series, it is another kind of love, I recommend it.

I’m checking and there are many other shows on youtube with English subtitles.

NazAli, I would love to continue LP discussions. I am all for that if everybody likes to do it. Whatever we do, whatever we watch, I guess all of us come back at LP. I don’t know, but that show is the more realistic one among all, to say the least.
Chat with you later. ��

Dafna

Scout12

On the Ice
To anyone that's interested Sophia said they could translate season 1 for $25 an episode. I asked her how many episodes would that be and I'm waiting for her reply.

Denner, I'm definitely interested if the price is comparable to season 2. I'll look back in the discussion here and find out what I paid for season 2. My first post here was asking where to find season 2 with english subtitles and Meganda posted the price and contact info in a reply. I think it was about $75-$80.00 USD for all of season 2. Season 2 was 39 episodes, season 1 is 23. So, question - Sophia says it's $25.00 per episode to translate season 1 into English, that's 23 X $25.00 = $575.00 - and then that is split among all those who are interested in getting access to subtitled season 1 - is that how it works? I hope we can find enough people to split the cost and make it happen. Thanks for looking into this - I'll watch for updates.

Scout12

On the Ice
Denner - it was $78.00 USD for season 2. Below (from pg 70 of this thread) is what Meganda posted when I found your group and asked about getting access to season 2 with the english subtitles. So if we can find 10-15 people to share in the costs of translating season 1 (less episodes than season 2), my guess is it would be about $50-60 USD, no? Hope we can make this happen. I'll watch for updates.

"Hoşgeldiniz Scout.

We as a group of 13 people contracted magnifient century english to English subtitle season 2 of LP for us. It cost each of us $78 for the entire season 2 (39 episodes 1.5 hours each @ $2 per episode). You can buy it in 10 episode intervals if you want. Just email Sophia - [email protected] and ask for Sophia. Tell her we sent you - Meganda and her dedicated group. You will need to create a gmail address for yourself. You won't regret it."

Dafna

On the Ice
Hello Ladies,

I found a new series on Youtube over the weekend: "Sultan of my heart" (Kalbimin Sultani). It is translated. Its a beautiful love story. It is the story of a charming, somehow modern, charismatic Sultan and a beautiful young russian girl, the daughter of a russian diplomat in Istanbul. I am on episode 3, loving it so far. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kalbimin+sultani+english+subtitles+1

For all the romantics here, I also saw "Harry and Meghan, Love Story" movie on youtube. It is a Lifetime production. I liked it. I wanted to attach its link, but I can't find it. Maybe you find it.
Talk to you later :)

LoveShura

On the Ice
Hi everyone!! Love to you all!! I will check out Collision on you tube, esp if it has Kivanc!! I just watched ‘The Road To Calvary’ on Netflix. I really liked it!! Russian movie. It kinda brought to mind all the fighting in this country right now, how quickly things could get out of hand ! I’m still hoping that Netflix will put all of L&P on!! I’m keeping in touch...

LoveShura

On the Ice
Hello Ladies,

I found a new series on Youtube over the weekend: "Sultan of my heart" (Kalbimin Sultani). It is translated. Its a beautiful love story. It is the story of a charming, somehow modern, charismatic Sultan and a beautiful young russian girl, the daughter of a russian diplomat in Istanbul. I am on episode 3, loving it so far. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kalbimin+sultani+english+subtitles+1

For all the romantics here, I also saw "Harry and Meghan, Love Story" movie on youtube. It is a Lifetime production. I liked it. I wanted to attach its link, but I can't find it. Maybe you find it.
Talk to you later :)
I will check this one out too! I loved the lifetime movie too!.

Dafna

On the Ice
Mehraba Ladies, greetings to you all,

I watched a beautiful movie fully translated on youtube: "Water and Fire" (Su ve Ates). This movie reminds me of LP in many ways. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvZHeQ6dKI4&list=PL6-XA7IdEiKf38PAUFLTdfMNH_0Y2KZ65

I dont know if any of you watched "Sultan of my heart". I liked it and finished the whole episodes. It reminded me of 19 century Russian novels. The main character speaks with accent. I researched and yes, she is Russian. She was chosen for the role, maybe they needed somebody to be true to the character, to sound Russian. She had to learn Turkish in two and a half months!?!? I wish I could ask her how she did it..
The Sultan of this movie is Sultan Mahmud II. He is not that famous among Sultans, but I read he reformed and modernized the Ottoman Empire. He was a fan of western culture and languages and movie shows that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmud_II

Has any of you thought (beside NazAli) to continue where we left our LP discussions?

Talk to you later, görüşürüz. :love:

NazAli

On the Ice
More Shows to Enjoy

What happens at the end of Se ve Ates? I need to know before I commit to watching. I’ve had some bad experiences before,so not taking any risks.
By the way discovered a new series which was actually good, but excruciatingly took a toll on my emotions but I hung in there. Fazilet Hanum ve Kizlari. Just the mind blowing, acting, the story, the scenes, the wardrobe and many more, it was just gripping and well done. Nazan Kemal (Sevgi) is Fazilet. It’s on YouTube some translations are funny and not that good but watching the Turkish version now. I highly recommend this series. It’s one for analysis for sure :yahoo:

Still waiting on when we can start LP again from where we left off.
I also enjoyed Dolunay, the three I could rate thus;
1. L P
2. Fazilet Hanum ve Kizlari
3. Dolunay

I think my age shows in preference :laugh2:

Last edited:

NazAli

On the Ice
Also just a thought?
Why do all these final episodes always seem so rushed?
The three I mention above seemed the same to me.
They take so much time to pull us into the story and then the penultimate episode tying everything together seems a bit rushed. My only frustration at least.
I’ll look up the Sultan one... any more suggestions ???:yahoo: