Love and Punishment | Page 130 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Dafna

On the Ice
How would you compare this love between Omar and Elif to yasemin and Savas

Denner, I would say what is similar between two couples and it is obvious, is their unconditional love, no matter what. At the same time the male characters have almost the same qualities: smart, honest, charming, have a way with people, not caring too much or nothing for traditions, advanced thinkers, polite and very respectful, very protective of their loved ones and madly in love with their girls. The same goes for the female characters: smart, beautiful, stubborn, modern career girls madly in love with their guys and both are very jealous of their guys. One diference between Omer and Savas is that Omer is jelaous and Savas was very cool.
Now because they have almost the same qualities it seems that their loves are almost the same. Both loves looked like very impossible ones, and had many people around them against their unions.

Dafna

On the Ice
I love Omer.

I love Omer too.
Denner, I didn’t want to spoil it for you and others but there are some other events at the last episodes that made me think of LP and Yasi and Savas. Maybe will talk about that when you guys watch the whole series.

Scout12

On the Ice
I just finished ep 3. There was a conversation between Omer and Elif in Rome - they talked about time and how it felt like time had stopped for them. I thought of LP and the theme of time. This is SO good!

Dafna

On the Ice
Omer's mother is surely different from Savas mother. She is so sweet and kind. I do like her reaction when Omer said he would arrange for her to see his brother in prison. I also like what she did to Fatma who i never liked. The daughter in law, was irritating at first because of her big mouth but she learned a lesson. Omer's brother Huso. Wow how sad. Elif does get on my nerve sometimes because she is so hard headed in not listening to Omer. The aunt character surprised me in the end. I was suspicious of her in the beginning but didn't have a clue as to what she truly was. Nulifer, OMG, she cried more than Cicek, lol. Asli character was great. Ipek turned out to be smart and very useful. Of course who couldn't love Arda and Pelo. I didn't miss Levent when he left the series. He was such a weak man. What can i say about Metin? Does he compare to Yavuz in a slight way?? His character was so complex. Last but not least Tayyar. My goodness!!! What an EVIL man. Can he compare to Cicek's father?? No. He was definitely worse. As Metin said, he had nine lives. I think he had more. Two kidney transplants, shot twice, heart attack..... The Corruption at all levels was unheard of. Tayyar had the world in his hands. How did he stay one step ahead of everyone. This was a really great series with great characters. One of the best scenes i loved was in 51 when Elif was released and she and Omer spent the day together. Very sweet.

Denner, I like all your analysis. I feel the same about all and each of the characters.

Now that I see you have finished the series, I will tell one other moment when I thought about LP:

I don't know if you recall LP E25, when Savas was talking to Yasemine (at her living room), how he would solve the problem of his marriage to Cicek. For some reasons, by being a so "anticipated" discussion from the very beginning of the series, I remember it very well. Among other things, what I can remember now, is: "I need time to solve this marriage problem" (the time issue), and "If you are happy without me I can let you go, because I love you very much". And after that he got up and was ready to leave, maybe for good. Watching it the first time I thought waw, what a noble, good man. Now, on Kara Para Ask E 44 (at the very beginning of the episode), they had broken up and when he was talking to her behind the main door, he said; " sometimes we meet wrong people at the right time, and other times we meet right people at the wrong time", again the matter of time. After that he said:"My love won't end, no matter the place, the time, or the people. But if you tell me to go, I will go. If my absence makes you feel better, if it makes you happier, I'll give you up.. for you". So both men would give up their loves for the sake of their lovers' happiness. This is one my favorite scenes in Kara Para, and of course they are wonderful actors. Their play is superb, especially here.

Comparing the two couples, you are right. I would also say that Elif is more affectionate with Omer than Yasemine was with Savas. Thinking of both, Elif was more of an artistic, dreamer and passionate person, meanwhile Yasemine was more down to earth. I think we should also take in consideration the fact that she was a mother and had to be more responsible in her actions, she had a child to take care for. Meanwhile Elif despite the fact that she ended up to be the column of the house, still was more free spirit than her. Now that I watched Kara Para, I think that the actors that play Omer and Elif, their chemistry together is much better than that of Savas and Yasemine portrayed at LP (my opinion). I also read on line that at the time the series Kara Para was playing in Turkey, there was a huge social media buzz about the on screen chemistry of Omer and Elif. They even were called "Elmer". And are kept as one of the best on screen couple of all the time.

Dafna

On the Ice
I also felt bad for him, for his career, which he worked so hard up to that point. At first I felt she was acting like a spoiled rich girl: I want it, I want it now, and I want it my own way. But like you said thinking more I would agree with her, when she explained that he couldn’t sleep for four nights in a row after the prison “incident” with Tayyar. And she was right, always will be Tayyars out there. And I especially liked the last minutes of the last episode: I guess he will be a volunteer cop on the island, who knows, maybe. :)
Denner did you like any special moment from the episodes, you like to share?

Dafna

On the Ice
Dafna, the girl that played Cicek is so good in Hercai. I really like her acting
She has really matured.

Yes, she plays really well. To be fair, her character in LP was really difficult: she had to go from one stage to the other, loving, hating, laving. And I love her here as a mother. Even in LP she had that good playing mother way. If you remember she used to take care of their nephew at home, and she was good at that. I don't know if she was in the role, or she is just a natural at that. Whatever it is, she is portraying her mother really well.

How about Miran? It is hard to understand where his love and hate stand. Such a complex figure.

Hercai is a very interesting series with this unique love story. Don't you think? I checked on line and it is based on a best seller of 2012 authored by Sümeyye Koç. I checked Amazon and it was only in Turkish, it wasn't translated. I would have loved to read it. I watched episode 5. I was curious and I picked at episode 6 Spanish translated. I checked now and episode 6 English translated is already published. Episode 7 will be on 4/26 on their TV and hopefully we get to watch the translated one by this weekend. :luv17:

Scout12

On the Ice
Kara Para Ask - I'm watching ep 6 now, about half way through. This might just be me - a small complaint. (Very small.) Each episode is like a movie, or as long as a movie. One episode was over 2 hours long. Which is great and not great at the same time. It's great because I love this genre and I'm really enjoying this story. The down side - some days I don't have 2+ hours to spend watching it and I'm frustrated because I want to find out what will happen next. Maybe the episodes are split into 2 when they're aired in Turkey? I don't know. For me it's finding the @2 hours to watch a whole episode. LP was about 1.5 hours for each - so this is just an extra 30 minutes each episode. For some reason that makes a difference for me and my day. I'd also say that IMO, some of the scenes could be shortened, they feel just a little drawn out. You guys are way ahead of me - it will be take me a month or 2 to get through KPA. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying it. Who ever recommended KPA - I love the acting and story, so thanks.

NazAli

On the Ice
Kara Para Ask - I'm watching ep 6 now, about half way through. This might just be me - a small complaint. (Very small.) Each episode is like a movie, or as long as a movie. One episode was over 2 hours long. Which is great and not great at the same time. It's great because I love this genre and I'm really enjoying this story. The down side - some days I don't have 2+ hours to spend watching it and I'm frustrated because I want to find out what will happen next. Maybe the episodes are split into 2 when they're aired in Turkey? I don't know. For me it's finding the @2 hours to watch a whole episode. LP was about 1.5 hours for each - so this is just an extra 30 minutes each episode. For some reason that makes a difference for me and my day. I'd also say that IMO, some of the scenes could be shortened, they feel just a little drawn out. You guys are way ahead of me - it will be take me a month or 2 to get through KPA. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying it. Who ever recommended KPA - I love the acting and story, so thanks.

Hi Scout, 😂 to your comments .
I actually like the fact that Turkish shows are like complete movies per episode, they are that long but it’s a bummer in terms getting the time to watch them indeed. I binge watch on weekends. You should see Fazilet Hanum it’s also 2 hrs plus.

I also started watching Kara Para Ask but have not watched Hercai.
I’m on episode 6 as well.
I kind of felt that the series is going a bit to slow. Not so much excitement at this beginning stage. But I’ve got a glimpse of the characters. And I think It’ll get even better further through the episodes.

Maybe it’s because I need to adjust to something else (smooth flow of FH vs my love for LP) I also just read some commentary on the thoughts of Denner and Dafna, which lets me know that more is yet to come. So I will continue watching the series.

Have a lovely weekend everybody.

NazAli

Dafna

On the Ice
It was intense. I wonder how Miran will win her back. Can't wait til episode 8

Me too can’t wait. I have seen some trailers and later on another candidate for husband comes.I wonder about that. And like you said how is he gonna win her back. It was interesting, she told Miran I hate you, and I believe she hates him, but when she was semiconscious in the hospital she asked for him and asked him to help her and not leave. Maybe she loves him back, maybe she is falling for him, or she sees him as the only one who can now save and protect her. I am curious to know the reason why his grandmother forced Miran to marry his first cousin, his uncles’s daughter. Very strange. On the other side all Reyan’s family are ok she marries her cousin also. Again very strange.

Dafna

On the Ice
I think she love Miran but what he did to her was horrible. Can't blame her. How can she reconcile her love for him and respect herself.
U remember when she said she would marry Azat under 2 conditions. She mentioned the first but not the second. Did I miss it?

Denner, I watched that part again. You didn’t miss anything. She says the first condition, and he asks for the second one. She looks streat at him and doesn’t say anything. Here ends the scene. I assume it will reveal later.

Dafna

On the Ice
I also think that she could be pregnant with mirans child. Wouldn't that be interesting

It is funny because I thought of that too. Her getting pregnant, I thought from the very beginning, but that night he didn’t think of her as his future wife, he just wanted revenge. I don’t think he wanted to deal with a child from her, means her family.
I think Reyyan asked Azat not to sleep together. And he has excepted that just to be near her, my guess.
Another thing, if you remember her father said “I let him take her, because I am sure he will protect her, and save her from my father. He jumped the bridge after her”. And as I was watching this episode, I thought of this. Yes, Azat loves her, but Miran loves her more. It is very interesting where this love story will go.
I was reading a commentary about the book the film is based on, it said that he followed her for a year before having the accident while she was riding her horse.

NazAli

On the Ice
It is funny because I thought of that too. Her getting pregnant, I thought from the very beginning, but that night he didn’t think of her as his future wife, he just wanted revenge. I don’t think he wanted to deal with a child from her, means her family.
I think Reyyan asked Azat not to sleep together. And he has excepted that just to be near her, my guess.
Another thing, if you remember her father said “I let him take her, because I am sure he will protect her, and save her from my father. He jumped the bridge after her”. And as I was watching this episode, I thought of this. Yes, Azat loves her, but Miran loves her more. It is very interesting where this love story will go.
I was reading a commentary about the book the film is based on, it said that he followed her for a year before having the accident while she was riding her horse.

Hi ladies,

I can’t keep up with what’s being watched. So I’m sticking so far to Kara Para Ask..... very very interesting. I’m really enjoying the twists and turns. The first big one is of the shooter!
Lots of plot twists.

Best wishes,😋🤩🧐🤓

NazAli

Scout12

On the Ice
Hi ladies,

I can’t keep up with what’s being watched. So I’m sticking so far to Kara Para Ask..... very very interesting. I’m really enjoying the twists and turns. The first big one is of the shooter!
Lots of plot twists.

Best wishes,��������

NazAl!i

Hi NazAli, Denner, Dafna.

Kara Para Ask - I just finished ep 13. Whoa - so much happened, and the reveal at the end - not at all what I expected!!! That's the end of season 1 - on to season 2!

Dafna

On the Ice
Hi ladies,

Lots of plot twists.
Best wishes,��������

NazAli, There is something good with Hercai. The series is playing right now on Turkish tv, it is published three days later on youtube with English subtitle. So it is one episode a week. You can keep watching KPA and Hercai as well. I was still watching KPA, when I found Hercai. I saw the first episode and read online that it had become very popular with just two episodes. The first episode let me shocked that’s why I kept watching it. :):)

Dafna

On the Ice
Yes I agree. I watched both of them. Actually going back to watch Kara Para. I sure miss meganda. I would love to hear her input on both of these shows.

I miss Meganda and her comments. I hope she is doing good. :)z

Dafna

On the Ice
Hello Ladies,
I hope everybody is ok and enjoying Spring weather. No comments lately.
I started to watch a new series on youtube: “Erkenci Kus (Early Bird). I am on episode 3, and I am liking it so far. Can yaman (who plays Ferhit at Dolunay) and Demet Ozdemir (which I never seen playing before) are a very beautiful couple. They have such chemistry, and are very natural especially her.

Meganda

Medalist
Hello laides,
It has been quite a while since I have been here. I just stopped coming because I decided that I was totally addicted to Love and Punishment and our conversations, so I just had to quit cold turkey. Once I stopped coming I realized I had been addicted and felt good that I was able to separate myself from it.

What brought me back here was I watched a touching Korean movie on Amazon called Always. If you watch it make sure it's the korean movie, since there a several movies called Always on amazon. It had the flavor of the Turkish film on Netflix I had watched back when I was watching turkish movies, called Sadece Sen. I looked it up and Sadece Sen was actually a remade of the South Korean movie (2011) in 2014 in Turkey, in Kannada in 2015 as Boxer and in Hindi in 2016 as Do Lafzon Ki Kahani.

I know many on this site watched the Turkish movie so try this one on Amazon. You'll fall in love with it.

South Korea makes wonderful movies. I also found out that the Sandra Bullock movie the Lake House was actually a remake of a South Korean movie called the Sea or Lake.

If you're still interested in getting Love and Punishment Season 1 subtitled, let me know and I'll share with you how I did season 2.

My regards to you all.