Magical Programs from Skaters You Aren't A Fan Of... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Magical Programs from Skaters You Aren't A Fan Of...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hmmm, you must be extremely sensitive!

his wearing a speedo and nothing else on the ice, I found distasteful. so yes, for me it offends... with sex bomb he was fully clothed, but took the 'sex' part of sex bomb literally and 'offended' the ice if you catch my drift. Why he felt the need to go that far is beyond me.

Kasey

Medalist
Buttle's 2008 Worlds programs.

Plushenko's GPF 2001 long program (forget the name of it) which seemed to be he last time he had real choreography, and Godfather performed at a cheesefest.

Zhang/Zhang SP from last season

Joubert's Matrix program (really haven't liked anything since)

Some other teams and skaters, I can still respect their talent, but really do not enjoy watching so much, to the point that there hasn't been any "magical" programs for me. Or, as someone else mentioned, one magical program can make a fan.

enzet

On the Ice
Ilia Klimkin - Prelude to the afternoon of a faun

Angela Nikodinov - 2001 Worlds SP

(I like them both a lot but didn't follow them closely enough to call myself a fan)

Sasha's 2006 Olympic SP

Shizuka's 2004 Worlds LP is my favorite ladies' free skate performance and I much prefer it to her Olympics LP. But then I guess I might qualify as her fan so it doesn't really count.;)

Bennett

Record Breaker
Buttle's long and short at Worlds - it made the programs complete that he, for once, didn't pop / step out / fall / double foot - and suddenly I got the appeal of Buttle, that till then, I never really got, mostly because his other medal-winning performances were often error-ridden - and I just couldn't appreciate his intricacy and musicality. It's a shame that he retired right after those two performances.

Jeff had many clean SPs and was also (nearly) clean and fantastic in his 2004-5 and 2006-7 LPs at Canadians. His galas also tended to be clean and beautiful. Hope you enjoy them:) BTW, I love your Johnny pic. Did you draw that?

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This year, definitely the Zhangs SP!

And last year the Kerrs Erin Shore OD (of course, after that, I became a fan rather than just an interested spectator).

Faiella & Scali's Pizzica OD. I haven't really liked any of their other programs but that had such a great folk dance feel to it.

Brian Boitano's Olympic Les Patineurs SP hit me that way, then followed by his Napoleon LP. Before the Olympic year, his programs did not appeal to me, although I always respected his ability.

Stephen Carriere's LP this year is pretty close to magical. He used to remind me of Bob the Super in the Becker TV program. Where did this program come from :bow:

Inoue & Baldwin's Albinoni's Adagio SP as skated at the Olympics

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Beckhe and Petrov's ''Once Upon a Dream"

Dubruiel and Lauzon's ''Somewhere in Time''

Navka/Kostomarov "Carmen''--Though I did become a fan after seeing that program!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov & Johnny Weir's ' Fallen Angels' trio performance. Truly magical.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
his wearing a speedo and nothing else on the ice, I found distasteful. so yes, for me it offends... with sex bomb he was fully clothed, but took the 'sex' part of sex bomb literally and 'offended' the ice if you catch my drift. Why he felt the need to go that far is beyond me.

Americans are so scared of sexuality in comparison to Europeans. :sheesh:

doug_log

On the Ice
Yoshie Onda's LP at Japanese Nationals 2005-2006!!!!!!!

I wish she always had that much passion.

berrycute

On the Ice
Well, I was never a huge fan of Yukari Nakano, but her Giselle LP is my favorite of the season so far. A great cut of the music, delightful choreography, love the little balletic flourishes like the little balletic hops before her footwork sequence. A+ in my mind.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well, I was never a huge fan of Yukari Nakano, but her Giselle LP is my favorite of the season so far. A great cut of the music, delightful choreography, love the little balletic flourishes like the little balletic hops before her footwork sequence. A+ in my mind.

I look forward to seeing it from your wonderful description!