Brand New Ideas for Programs | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Brand New Ideas for Programs

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
speaking of sountrack His Dark Materials has an amazing music and it's a good fit for a young girl

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you to whoever suggested Sade. I’ve been wanting someone to skate for Sade for a while.
I seem to recall Diana Nikitina did a Sade program in her Olympic season, before injury took her permanently out of competition.

And speaking of soundtracks, I've recently become obsessed with the Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell soundtrack. The Lost-Hope Waltz and the Horse Sands music are so skateable, I'd love to see someone work with them!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I could see a russian lady and Gilles and Porier picking music to represent water - three themes of water peaceful, ravaging storms, and crashing waves. Three parts. Someone sure will or has done the Greatest Showman.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Since multiple skaters have now used the Postmodern Jukebox cover of Seven Nation Army, might I suggest someone use the Skald cover instead? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAV4Rf2yiIE
to think that it was figure skating that made me know Skalds (a french junior ice dance team had them as a free dance)
I seem to recall Diana Nikitina did a Sade program in her Olympic season, before injury took her permanently out of competition.

And speaking of soundtracks, I've recently become obsessed with the Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell soundtrack. The Lost-Hope Waltz and the Horse Sands music are so skateable, I'd love to see someone work with them!
Jonathan Strange and mr Norrell is so good and so underrated! i still don't understand why it didn't become as popular as other fantasy series/novels (same as The Magician)

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
Has anyone ever skated to the Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually by Craig Armstrong? That's a wonderful piece of music.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Has anyone ever skated to the Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually by Craig Armstrong? That's a wonderful piece of music.
Yes.

And because we're talking about that soundtrack, Evora/Ladwig skated at SP to the Portuguese Love Theme.

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
I've thought about some programs. I'm sure that some of these have been used, so let me know what you think:

SP: With You from Ghost: The Musical by Dave Steward and Glen Ballard
FS: Hamlet (1996) by Patrick Doyle - Oh Here They Come, The Ghost, My Thoughts Be Bloody

SP: Skinny Love and Not About Angels by Birdy
FS: Gettysburg by Randy Edelman - Killer Angel, Main Title, Pickett's Charge

SP: Little Swing by AronChupa
FS: Faded, Alone, and Spectre by Alan Walker

SP: Team by Lorde
FS: All I Ask by Adele and The Joke by Brandi Carlile

SP: Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually by Craig Armstrong
FS: Dance With Me from Anna Karenina and No One Ever Called Me That from Third Person by Dario Marianelli

SP: Listen to your Heart by Roxette, performed by DHT
FS: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Tom Tykwer - Distilling Roses, Meeting Laura, Perfume Distilled (I know Shcherbakova skated to this soundtrack but I really love it).

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
FS: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Tom Tykwer - Distilling Roses, Meeting Laura, Perfume Distilled (I know Shcherbakova skated to this soundtrack but I really love it).
I'm pretty sure Galyavieva/Thauron are doing their free dance to this soundtrack this season.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I've thought about some programs. I'm sure that some of these have been used, so let me know what you think:

FS: Hamlet (1996) by Patrick Doyle - Oh Here They Come, The Ghost, My Thoughts Be Bloody

FS: Dance With Me from Anna Karenina and No One Ever Called Me That from Third Person by Dario Marianelli

More like, these have all been used, some multiple times.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

I'm pretty sure nobody has skated to Carmen or Queen or Swan Lake or Les Miserables either...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todd Eldredge skated to Gettysburg during the 1994/1995 season (when he won back his US title & the silver medal @ 1995 Worlds :hap10: :cheer: ) & during the 1997/1998 season (I wish his free skate @ the 1998 Nagano Olympics had ended more happily, though 😢). I ♥️ that soundtrack!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure nobody has skated to Carmen or Queen or Swan Lake or Les Miserables either...

I hope I speak for everyone when I say that I'm tired of those. Plus Bolero, Je suis malade, Romeo and Juliet, and more.

Friendly reply to @MuseGuy11 :

You do not speak for everyone.

I never get tired of hearing Carmen. Quite the opposite: I always enjoy hearing it again. 🎶 ⛸️ ❤️

And I recognize that I am in the minority, but for the most part, using warhorse music is fine by me.

( The reason that I was careful to say, "for the most part," is that I am not crazy about frequent usage of Je suis malade. 🤫 )​

Last edited:

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
I always think about how perfect those song are for skating.

I'd rather see a program to Yellow Flicker Beat.
I think the Birdy program would be good and now that you said that, I think Yellow Flicker Beat would be better than Team.

MuseGuy11

Rinkside
Todd Eldredge skated to Gettysburg during the 1994/1995 season (when he won back his US title & the silver medal @ 1995 Worlds :hap10: :cheer: ) & during the 1997/1998 season (I wish his free skate @ the 1998 Nagano Olympics had ended more happily, though 😢). I ♥️ that soundtrack!
Thanks for letting me know that (I didn't know this) Just watched a video of this program and it was really great. I love this soundtrack and I'm glad someone actually used it.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Me too. I love bold music skated to well.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There is a wonderful musical called "South Pacific" about racial prejudice and hate encompassing two love affairs. I would like to see Madison Chock and Evan Bates skate to the music from the second love affair between a rugged handsome but ill fated Navy (Marine?) officer and Bloody Mary's beautiful Island daughter, Liat. They really only have two songs but they would work. "Happy talk" and "Younger than Springtime"
Liat.jpg