Maria Sotskova | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I don't understand the GP assignments yet too much, but why Masha has only one?
Edit: No, I'm blind, she has two, sorry.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was wondering what is up. Thought she just decided to spam the gram :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria Sotskova: I read about myself on the Internet
google translated

Her arrival at GITIS this summer was just right to be regarded as the fact that her career as a figure skater, Maria Sotskova, consciously pushes back to the background. In an interview with the special correspondent of RIA Novosti Elena Vaitsekhovskaya, the vice-champion of Russia explained that this is completely wrong, she told how she tried herself in the role of the singer at the entrance exams, and agreed that in sport it is necessary to be a b^tch.

Songs, dances and ballet

- I know that you have already managed to accustom your loved ones to the fact that you take all important decisions about your life on your own. How did it happen this time, when it was necessary to determine the choice of the institute?

- Similar. As soon as I went to the eleventh grade, I immediately began to wonder where I wanted to go. I did not feel like going to the institute of physical education, and I started to think, but do I really want anything concrete? The year before last, I had a rather interesting experience as a choreographer: I was putting a program for a little girl. It occurred to me: why not try to enter GITIS at the ice choreography faculty of Tchaikovsky? But it turned out that Elena Anatolyevna did not gain a group this year. And I fell into the hands of the choreographers. On the faculty "Ballet master-director".

- Do you somehow imagine the process of further education?

"Very vaguely." That's September 1 and find out what it is. Psychologically, I'm ready for the fact that the load will be greater than it was in school. But I already talked to the teachers, asked if it is possible to skip classes in some cases, I was told that there is no big problem, but I will be obligated to pass exams and tests on a general basis. This does not frighten me, I did it in school, I studied mostly for external studies. Of course, I will try to attend lectures: classes at the institute start at 8 am and go until 10 pm, and I will have such an opportunity.

- Taking exams at GITIS was exciting?

- Oh yeah. It was a creative contest and an interview. At first we were asked to perform improvisation on the theme "Gypsy girl", then it was necessary to come up with two dances, and after the interview I was forced to sing. Since I have no musical talents, it was probably very fun. Fortunately, this exam did not have a large audience - only a teacher.

- What were you asked about at the interview?

- They asked me to tell the whole story of the ballet. This is such a vague concept - in the sense that you can talk on this topic for days, because the story is long and very interesting. I tried to put it all in short and generally scored a good number of points. 97 out of 100 for the creative contest and 87 for the interview. In fact, preparing for the exams was so interesting that I actually held all the fees reading the most varied ballet literature, watched historical films, about ballet, about choreographers, about dancers. Found a lot of factors that resonate with figure skating. And teachers behave the same way, and the work as a whole is very similar. Therefore, in fact, I want to start learning quickly. Just can not wait.

Latina and the quadruple Salchis

- How quickly did the productions, which for you to the new season made Peter Chernyshev?

- We put both programs in late May. Arbitrary I have Summer Time, jazz. The short program is latina. This I insisted myself, although Elena Germanovna (Buyanova) for a long time resisted.

- Why?

- Because to the last did not see me in this image. But I wanted so much, I so dreamed of this idea. Once upon a time quite a while ago I had a Latin - Black Magic Woman. At that time, I was still very young and could hardly convey the heat of the dance. Now I really want to bring something new into my images, give myself some new impetus for development. To the audience and the judges saw that I can be multifaceted and different. So I insisted on latin.

- Muscles for a long time were ill from unusual movements?

"I prepared everything beforehand." I was engaged in ballroom dances on the floor at the end of the season, danced a lot, tried to stir myself up somehow, to make a mess for the future program. I understood that if I intend to take Latin American rhythms and put the program under their control, it is necessary to do it well. Accordingly, it was necessary to prepare the body. I was ready for the fact that it would be hard. With arbitrary everything was simpler. The performances were very fast, everything was going well from the very beginning. And in general, everyone is happy with the result.

- Last year, based on the example of Alina Zagitova, it showed how important the advantage in complexity is in women's single skating. Is there a space where you can move in terms of complicating your own programs?

- For the current season in front of me this goal is not worth it. On the elements this is possible, but the main task is to show that the Olympic season gave me a definite push, that I grew up as a figure skater, I grew up. That I can be completely different on the ice, not the same as I'm used to seeing judges and spectators. At the same time, I closely follow the competitors, watch their hire, note something for myself, borrow something. For example, (Canadian) Gabriel Dailman very quickly skates, directly rushes on the ice. And I try to develop this power and power somehow in myself.

- And what can you borrow from Alexandra Trusova , who starts the season having three-quadruple jump in the asset?

- You can only applaud and admire. I can not jump at the moment.

- Have you tried it?

- In the past year I tried the fourth Salchow, at the very end of the season. I realized that if very much work is done on this, it is possible to accomplish this jump. Simply then we were preparing for the Olympics, and I did not consider it necessary to emphasize the fact that at all costs a quadruple jump.

How to close the refrigerator in time

- I saw your feet without skates and concluded that the process of wearing new shoes was extremely difficult.

- This problem lasts for the third season. I can not help it, it's probably already chronic. My skin is thin, it constantly rubs on my feet, it gets pinched, I have to put special silicone gaskets in the boots, and besides them I have such homemade donuts there - from three sponges for washing dishes, inside of which a hole is cut out. But in general, rolling skates - this is a fairly standard process. I try to squeeze new shoes for a week, because they are very tough, then everything goes fine, almost do not feel pain. By the end of the season, however, even the toughest boots turn into rags. They also become wet in the process of training, soften.

- Mao Asada at one time rolled out two pairs of shoes for the season.

- I periodically have such an idea, but somehow there was no such need. It's not that two pairs are difficult to roll out. Just while riding on one pair, the second very quickly shovels, skukozhivaetsya. And roll it every time have to reapply.

- Did you manage to get some rest from figure skating this summer?

- Yes, in Turkey. For the second consecutive year we went on vacation together with Polina Tsurskaya .

- How well do you do it?

- At first it was hard, by nature, I'm a completely different person. Then everything began to turn out involuntarily: you see the goal, you go to her, and everything else does not bother you at all. I now wanted to go to the Olympics, and for no other people's interests in the Russian championship for me simply did not exist. Who was there, how I rode, I do not remember at all. I walked with my teeth and pulled out every element, every step.

- What is your goal this season?

- I, as always, want to do my job impeccably, so that I could be happy with myself. Well, of course, I want to get on the podium at the European and World Championships. In this respect, I have very strong dissatisfaction.

- Despite the fact that you were selected for the Olympics ?

- Yes. I received an invaluable experience in Pyeongchang, but the result was disappointed. The most difficult thing was that I ripped off a short program. For me it was a complete surprise, because throughout the season I skated the short program impeccably. And then ... The next day was a day of self-deprecation for me. I understood that I needed to gather, throw everything out of my head, take myself into a fist, but it did not work out in any way. Without my coaches, I probably would not have been able to cope with the situation at all. They talked to me a lot, urged: "Masha, come to your senses!" Thanks to them on an arbitrary I came out more or less in an adequate state.

Here is this experience, when you need to collect yourself at any cost, show fighting qualities, and I think it's priceless. Although all this was very difficult.

- For two consecutive seasons, you spent the first half significantly better than the second. Have you tried to understand why you are doing this?

- Yes, we analyzed this with coaches. Personally, I see the problem in that I'm putting too much emphasis on the Russian championship: I leave everything on the ice, and then I just do not have enough strength to quickly recover and enter the old rhythm. But in another way it is impossible, the price of error is too high in these competitions. I thought a lot about this issue and realized that this problem is solved. I will not take it out to the public now, but it seems to me that I found the opportunity to work on mistakes in this regard.

- How much you are "thick-skinned" in terms of perception of the criticism, which sometimes falls on the skaters on the Internet? And do you read what people write about you?

- To be honest, I read everything.

- What for?

- I'm interested in people's opinion. This does not mean that I will listen to everything, for this I have close people, but knowing some things is useful. I do not mean comments in social networks under some photos from the holidays, like all work, and Masha just does that walks. If I do not expose my training process on the network, this does not mean that I do not work.

- And you do not interfere with the fact that on the ice you are direct rivals?

- No. When Polina joined us in the group, frankly speaking, I was a little afraid that the daily competition on our friendship would not be affected. It turned out the other way around: joint training we even more united. Sport and life are all different things.

"But you're still riding on different ice." Or is it not always so?

- To tell the truth, I do not care who I ride with, because in practice I practically do not see anything around: I focus only on myself, on my tasks. With Pauline, we really mostly skate on different ice, so I do not even see what she's doing. And she does not see what I'm doing. But I will honestly say: when we are on the same ice, it's spurring me.

As for our communication outside the rink, we are discussing absolutely other things that are not related to figure skating at all. Well, or some periodically arising common problems. Type, I recovered, you need to lose weight.

- How do you solve this problem for yourself?

- I close the refrigerator. And mouth. For me there is no difficulty in this, although there was a period when I was always and very hungry. This is probably the very period of transition, which is so often talked about. When you constantly think only about food and mentally you say: "No, you can not, take your hands off the food." Earlier, when I was little, I ate a lot of everything and it did not affect me at all. At that time it seemed to me that all the talk about weight is some kind of nonsense. But then I realized very quickly that "nonsense" was capable of playing a very serious joke with the athlete. That there are no trifles in sports at all. One extra kilogram - and it becomes much harder for the legs to push themselves out, immediately increasing the risk of injury. Therefore, I try to keep my weight within certain limits and do not go beyond them. Here the question is only in the proper arrangement of priorities: either you want to eat and eat, or you want to ride and somehow limit yourself. My mother helps me to organize nutrition, but I try to do it myself. Now on the Internet you can find anything you like about this. It is clear that there is a lot of nonsense, but to find what you need, if you go head to head with this question, it's easy.

- You argue like a man who is alone responsible for his own life and clearly understands what he wants in this life.

"It's been a long time coming to me." Probably, then, when I decided to switch from Svetlana Vladimirovna Panova to Elena Germanovna. At that time, I thought a lot about the fact that since I'm going to change something in my life, I must fully understand what I'm doing and what consequences this may have.

Where do b^tch come from?

- Victoria Sinitsina not long ago said in an interview that a sportswoman should be a b^tch inside herself, because b^tchiness catches people and helps to cope with difficulties.

- Here I agree with Vika. I know that there are skaters who can ride well only for anger. Angry - went and luckily all did everything. In me, this has never happened. Simply with age you understand that around the real sport of great achievements, a lot of competitors, that you need to cling to any opportunity, for any chance. That three places that give the opportunity to go to the Olympics, 30 people claim, and the kind and soft will sit at home. Here, not only b^tchiness awakes. You just have to go and tear everyone on the ice.

- Do you post other photos because you want to or because it's fashionable now?

- For me Instagram is a kind of album that I lead for myself and my friends. For people to have the opportunity to see some interesting places that I visit, it's interesting what happens in my life. I like it.

- And during the competition you somehow limit yourself to Internet activity?

- Yes, generally I turn off the phone on the day of hire. I do not want to be hit or distracted, try to isolate myself from everything. On the day of the competition, for me there are only competitions. Anything can happen, including not very pleasant. Better I find out about this after, and not before going out on the ice.