Medvedeva Withdraws from Russian Nationals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Medvedeva Withdraws from Russian Nationals

i hope she recovers in time.

Michelle kwan had an injury in 1998 was able to recover in time.
in 2006 not so apparently.

I hope the best and health for both Evgenia and Yuzuru.

Their personal health is Very Important.

Olympics to a point, but their health more important.

I am happy that they are taking care of health issues.

Evgenia Good luck, best health.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I think it's important to understand that it wasn't her decision but officials.
I am afraid she didn't take this decision to heart and can aggravate her injury by intense training nevertheless. I mean.. why are you so glad that she is withdrawing? We all know training regime in Tutberidze group. As far as I can remember Medvedeva or Zagitova said her students have to repeat programs up to 5 times per day or even more if there are mistakes. Also during training there is this method of harder approach where simple jumps turns into combinations and 3-3 into 3-3-3-3 etc. If we take into account that until recent development all people there including Medvedeva thought that there are only few days until Nat remains - what do you think they did? Of course - intense training with multiple program passes.
Now why are you so concerned about single time program performance at Nat over multiple time performances every day in training? If we talk about risk of injury - she risks it much more at everyday training than in nationals anyway. Also I don't think she would miraculously ease her training after the news - considering her stubborn character and the fact that she was compelled to train intensely right before this decision due to lack of time already. I mean, if she could train like this before it - why she shoud train differently now. Therefore, risk of injury remains the same - whether she competes now or not.

tars

Record Breaker
I am afraid she didn't take this decision to heart and can aggravate her injury by intense training nevertheless. I mean.. why are you so glad that she is withdrawing? We all know training regime in Tutberidze group. As far as I can remember Medvedeva or Zagitova said her students have to repeat programs up to 5 times per day or even more if there are mistakes. Also during training there is this method of harder approach where simple jumps turns into combinations and 3-3 into 3-3-3-3 etc. If we take into account that until recent development all people there including Medvedeva thought that there are only few days until Nat remains - what do you think they did? Of course - intense training with multiple program passes.
Now why are you so concerned about single time program performance at Nat over multiple time performances every day in training? If we talk about risk of injury - she risks it much more at everyday training than in nationals anyway. Also I don't think she would miraculously ease her training after the news - considering her stubborn character and the fact that she was compelled to train intensely right before this decision due to lack of time already. I mean, if she could train like this before it - why she shoud train differently now. Therefore, risk of injury remains the same - whether she competes now or not.
That's exactly what I thought. :think:

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Smart move my Evgenia. I think she doesn’t want to lose to Zagitova (to keep the streak) so she’s just going to get back into usual training for Euros and Olys and Worlds and then retire with only 1 loss in her senior career

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Who is this Sonya girl that got an invite to nationals after evgenia withdrew? I’ve never heard of her. Is she the new wonderkind? Is there a clip of her skating?

She is Sofia Istomina, she is not a new wonderkind, but was passed over for Alisa Fedichkina as a qualifier although Istomina qualified ahead of Fedichkina.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
If it's what it takes to be in perfect form for the Olympics then it's a must! I just can't see any other girl taking out the title in South Korea!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Evgenia and Yuzuru should go to some healing hot springs or something together (he wrote, as he started his fanfic).

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's the best move for her albeit slightly unexpected withdrawal considering the most recent statements before this one.

Still I was sceptical towards it so I suspected that it's simply her stubborn and very competitive spirit which shines through more than anything. Now you can be even more enlightened about it once you learn that it took not one but three officials to trigger it off this decision for the good of Evgenia.

Globetrotter

Medalist
So my instincts, that both Yuzu and Zhenya will pull out for year end comps, was accurate. It probably is the best for them to heal up properly and get back to healthy state for Pyeongchang 2018. While they may be more rusty competition wise, a healthy Yuzu and Zhenya will be very very hard to beat.

Icey

Record Breaker
Her injury has cracked the door for someone else to win the gold at the Olympics. She is losing lots of training time and might not be at the top of her game by Olympic time.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight

That's it - most of injuries athlets get at trainings.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker

I don't think the problem is the one program at Nats itself, but the amount of training she would undoubtedly put in to be ready for Nats. Withdrawing allows her to continue recovering and getting her form back at a good pace without having to rush it - rushing the training she needs to be back in top shape is what is dangerous. She would probably be good to compete now, but it just would not make sense to risk it

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I think Med is smart to withdraw- she really has nothing to lose by missing Nationals. The long game is the Olympics and it's wise to focus on that. Even if she is back to training competition is a different thing all together, it's likely just not worth the risk of re-injury.

I hope she keeps feeling better- she deserves to go after that Olympic gold at her best!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think her withdrawal is good. It gives her time to rest and recuperate and de-stress. It'll also benefit the feds so that they can send TWO national champions to the Games, one who has won everything to date (Zhenya) and the up-and-comer (Alina) who just whipped everyone at the GPF. This actually helps Russia make a solid case to place two ladies on the podium.

Sackie

Medalist
Hope her missing all this time does not put added pressure on Osmond going into the Olympics. It is one thing to go in knowing that Medvedeva is there and will probably win and you are skating for the silver medal but to be put in the mix for the Gold just may not be good for Kaetlyn! Especially since with a less then perfect Med - Osmond could probably be 1st after the short and she has yet to skate a great Free this season.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
What does this withdrawal of Medvedeva have to do with Osmond?
Is she suddenly Russsian and competing at Russian Nationals??