2018 Russian Nationals live reports | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals live reports

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Hi everyone,

Following the tradition from the past 2 seasons my wife and I are going to the Russian Nationals.

2 years in a row they were in the Urals: Ekaterinburg and Chelyabinsk. The tickets were hard to get so that I had to pull some very serious strings especially in Chelyabinsk.

This time they are closer - in St.Petersburg. And we were fast buying nice seats as soon as the sales were on. As it is still the work season we go only for FS pairs, ladies, and the gala. But they are the most important. I am not sure if Aliev is well. Then the only big question in men is whether lord Samarin can challenge veteran Voronov who is definitely on the rise this Olympic season.

Of course, it is about ladies. Zagitova has lost only once in her senior career - to Medvedeva. Zhenya is recovering. Will it be business as usual or Alina has something new to offer? She had 221 at the last Nationals and 223 at GPF. If clean she can get to 230 which is Medvedeva's area. Exciting.

Well, I am booking hotel Astoria for one night and buying speed train tickets.

My reports will be here. If anyone goes to the Nationals especially before Saturday - it will be nice to read about the live experience.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Skip the amazing lord's performance? With two 4Lzs?! It's a crime, [email protected]! How dare you! Especially, when you prefer the pairs. Alena Savchenko is on. It will be her third Olympic Games. She wants this gold medal so hard, and I guess she will finally get it. Not to mention very strong Chinese pair. Tarasova/Morozov never showed a clean free program, Stolbova/Klimov are also inconsistent and lost their PCS at international events. Other Russian pairs are absolutely hopeless. Boring event with lack of talent.

So try to do some exchange! Tickets for pairs to tickets for men! Kolyada vs. Lord vs. Grandpa - what an amazing event you're planning to skip!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Skip the amazing lord's performance? With two 4Lzs?! It's a crime, [email protected]! How dare you! Especially, when you prefer the pairs. Alena Savchenko is on. It will be her third Olympic Games. She want this gold medal so hard, and I guess she will finally get it. Not to mention very strong Chinese pair. Tarasova/Morozov never showed a clean free program, Stolbova/Klimov are also inconsistent and lost their PCS at international events. Other Russian pairs are absolutely hopeless. Boring event with lack of talent.

So try to do some exchange! Tickets for pairs to tickets for men! Kolyada vs. Lord vs. Grandpa - what an amazing event you're planning to skip!

Pavliuchenko and Khodykin aren't hopeless :)

Sam L

Medalist
Amazing! I look forward to your live reports. Have a great trip. St Petersburg is so beautiful, I stayed near the Mariinsky when I visited a few years ago.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I would KILL to be going to Russian Nationals........So many great skaters and the chance to see Eteri and Plushy there as coaches would be spectacular......I will follow your reports very closely as I doubt we'll get to see Nationals here in the US.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
LOL why? I'm not going to the Russian Nationals. I wish.

To have been to Russia at all and to have stayed near the Mariinsky!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would KILL to be going to Russian Nationals........So many great skaters and the chance to see Eteri and Plushy there as coaches would be spectacular......I will follow your reports very closely as I doubt we'll get to see Nationals here in the US.

I think ESPN typically broadcasts it and either sabinfire or meejunghwang will probably put it up on youtube afterwards. But if anyone wants to provide livestream links that are free and available in the US I wouldn't complain :biggrin:

Sam L

Medalist

Oh right, yes I was just around the corner from it. I didn't get to go in though because it was summer and it was closed. They didn't even have tours. But the building was beautiful. The most beautiful building in St Petersburg though is the Hermitage. That courtyard area as I arrived was just amazing. I was in awe.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I soooooo envy you big time! Have a beautiful event in Piter! Looking forward to your reports! :thumbsup:

Me too.....I hope you have a great and try to take pictures or even short cell phone videos for you to look back on over the years. Trust me when I say that it will be worth it.....

Thanks in advance for your reports.......:thank:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
looking forward to meeting you samkrut :biggrin::yay:

im too lazy for live reporting:laugh:

Im skipping 1 programm of men & ladies

I def hope neither Alena not Duhamel gets an OGM
SO all my hopes are for S/H

I do think SK & TM still are not out of the running
but I def most excited to see AR:love::love:

Same with Sergei/ Im rpetty worried that last season's situation may happen again:disapp:
Lord Samarin has all his life in sports in from of him but for Sergei this year is important & ay be the last
I hope he retires with a bang!
Misha will be 1st I assume
Noone really challenge him as a complete skater

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I soooooo envy you big time! Have a beautiful event in Piter! Looking forward to your reports! [emoji106]

Sure, it used to be the Emperor's palace.

Amazing! I look forward to your live reports. Have a great trip. St Petersburg is so beautiful, I stayed near the Mariinsky when I visited a few years ago.

:)

https://youtu.be/MxPioEoMOgc

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
SinKats training (edges!!):love::love::bow:

http://www.long-program.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Q38A9779_%D0%A1%D0%9A-768x1024.jpg
http://www.long-program.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Q38A9959_СК-768x1024.jpg
http://www.long-program.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Q38A9774_СК.jpg
http://www.long-program.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Q38A9970_СК-768x1024.jpg

Sigh. Frankly St P is one of the cities I'd most like to visit, strictly for the art and architecture. Skating? What skating?

Really good camerawork in the video. Thanks for posting it.
sure come:agree:
u wont be disappointed (if the weather happens to be miraculosly(sp?) good :biggrin:)