2023-24 Russian Nationals Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Rhythm Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So I'm not the only one, then.

I had everything planned out according to the deadline for the Predictions. But, it turns out that it was set up for Moscow Time, rather than Yekaterinburg Time. Waiting until the resurfacing to have breakfast would have been too late, so I skipped the first group.

Unfortunately, the stream can't be re-wound. So I hope we will be able to catch up on those we missed somewhere.

CaroLiza_fan
Haha I did notice the predictions page was still open and I submitted mine not realising the event had started.

But never fear, you can rewatch the event later quite possibly on YouTube, but definitely on the TV1 site because I've done it before :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ooo unexpected results in ice dance, it's a Christmas miracle! :p

Oh, don't talk to me about Ice Dance drama. I've had enough of it these past few days.

I see from earlier comments TAT is back! Is she wearing her pink scarf?

They showed a shot of her and Grishin during the Group 2 Warm-Up, and I can report that she was. šŸ§£

I hadn't seen her since before she had her health problems, and she's looking great. Just her normal self!

Haha I did notice the predictions page was still open and I submitted mine not realising the event had started.

Oh, you rebel! :p

But never fear, you can rewatch the event later quite possibly on YouTube, but definitely on the TV1 site because I've done it before :)

Thank goodness for that!

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Who is that murdering Wham's "Last Christmas" during the resurfacing?! šŸ™‰

The worst of it is, the voice sounds familiar. But, I can't place who it is.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Who is that murdering Wham's "Last Christmas" during the resurfacing?! šŸ™‰

The worst of it is, the voice sounds familiar. But, I can't place who it is.

CaroLiza_fan
Now that you mention it...it does sound familiar... maybe it's Miley Cyrus or somebody?

Next year to save us from tears, they'll give us the original ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that you mention it...it does sound familiar... maybe it's Miley Cyrus or somebody?

Next year to save us from tears, they'll give us the original ;)

It was the same voice in all the songs, so I looked them up to see who covered them all.

It was Taylor Swift! šŸ˜²

She did a Christmas album back in 2007. And they were just playing the CD through during the resurfacing.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm 15 competitors all together, is that usual? I thought it was 18?

In any case was there a withdrawal(s)?

Also... Hey Ivan B, heeeey!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Hmm 15 competitors all together, is that usual? I thought it was 18?

In any case was there a withdrawal(s)?

Also... Hey Ivan B, heeeey!
It's always 3 warm-up groups per discipline. 18 for singles (3x6), 15 for dance (3x5) and 12 for pairs (3x4).

Pairs, however, is a small field this season, because of withdrawals and a lack of teams that could replace them.

Skating91

Medalist
Does anyone here use VLC? If so, does it run continuously for you or abort after a few seconds?
No it runs fine, but I have a decent connection and watching it on a computer I use to watch things like figure skating, while I use my main machine for everything else.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Man, they still haven't fixed that music cut in Don't Worry, Be Happy.

I am however willing to forgiven Ivan for this :p

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No it runs fine, but I have a decent connection and watching it on a computer I use to watch things like figure skating, while I use my main machine for everything else.
Same situation here actually, but for some reason my VLC installation seems to have trouble with mpd files out of a sudden. It only loads and plays the first package of the stream but doesn't get the rest. Trying to reinstall. Thanks for the feedback. (y)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow huge score!

Although did Alexandra almost trip at the beginning of the pattern (?) like step thing? I thought so, but maybe that was just part of the choreo!

Oh hey a not-cover of Never Tear Us Apart, thank yooooou.