Michael Christian Martinez | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Michael Christian Martinez

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
An article on 2017 Sapporo Asian Winter Games:
http://manila.coconuts.co/2016/11/25/29-filipino-athletes-headed-sochi-winter-games-feb

29 athletes are set to represent the Philippines in the 2017 Asian Winter Games happening on Feb. 19 to 26 in Sapporo, the capital of the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido.

This is the first time the country is sending such a big delegation to the quadrennial tournament, said Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) chairman Tom Carrasco.

23 of the 29 athletes are members of the ice hockey team, which won a Division 2 tournament in Hong Kong.

Award-winning figure skater Michael Christian Martinez is again representing the country after being only Filipino athlete at the 2014 Winter Olympics. This year, he will be accompanied by Jules Alpe, Shayane Casapao and Samantha Cabiles, who are also entered in the figure skating competition.

The other two competitors are Ryan Espiritu will see action in snowboarding, and Kathryn Magno who will compete in speed skating. Both athletes are based abroad.

Good luck to the Team Philippines :hap10:

Warwick360

Medalist
I don't like his new I spin. What happened? I know flexibility can be an issue growing up, but his Biellmann is still intact. Also, I used to think his Ispin was something that came more natural to him and was also more impressive when compared to Biellmann. :(

If he's making a change, I really hope he uses shotgun spin instead of the forced Ispin which most of the girls do these days (while lacking the required flexibility), which is not just aesthetically nice.:disapp:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Will just leave it here :) This is MCMs SP runthrough for 4CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZpAeZRGfqc

I think this sp is fantastic even without a quad (but still crossing my fingers he does acquire a quad :) ).

I like Michael's SP too. And I do hope Michael gets that quad sooner rather than later considering the current state of the men' s competition. Interested too how well he'll fare relative to Julian. With both of them competing, the coming SEA Games FS competition promises to be quite exciting.

Returning to 4CC, I wish Michael all the best! Animo Michael!