Michael Christian Martinez | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Michael Christian Martinez

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's noteworthy to mention that he's actually been offered by other countries to skate for them, leading up to Sochi. Glad he stuck it out for the PH despite not having a lot of financial backing and government support.

Do you happen to know which other countries? Singapore perhaps? Hong Kong?
Michael has all the talents and looks to became a big star... hope he sticks it out injury free.

I hope he can consider expand his artistry to more contemporary pieces. It can add to his commercial value and attract new sponsorships.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
sunny_stars, I have moved the ownership of this fan fest to GS Forum Staff and made your lovely update the OP. I added what I hope is a more pleasant opening statement than skyfly's, but if a better one is posted I will be happy to use it :clap:

sunny_stars has agreed to be the new owner of Michael's thread! Thank you so much, sunny_stars! :cheer:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Despite ongoing injuries, Michael Christian Martinez of the Philippines hopes for a better season for 2015-16. [More]

He was actually supposed to compete at the US Int'l Classic but had acute asthma due to the heat wave. He's now scheduled for Finlandia Trophy. Here's wishing him lots of luck and health!

lunarbanjo

Spectator
Hi guys it seems like no one is updating this thread much? Anyway our dear MCM is currently competing for the Finlandia Trophy. His SP has currently placed him at 7th place.

Here is to prayers that is next steps would push his place higher!

foruiz

Final Flight
It is still the start of the season so I hope it will get better in time for the GP. Ganbatte MCM!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck7uYKVsp38

I thought it was a really good program, apart from the fall. The scores are very close, so even if he has easier tech content he can move up if he is close to clean and others bomb (very likely here, lol). Yes, he's still a little unrefined, but exciting to watch...and he seems very confident compared to some others who are much more seasoned. Nice job!

foruiz

Final Flight
Thank you gallavich. Oh that 3A was quite unfortunate. I also wonder what the commentators were saying in the recap with reference to YH.

lunarbanjo

Spectator
I love his costume here too! It's nice he's not wearing bulky outfits. A much as I loved his Phantom and Romeo outifts, I think light shirts like that can really show off his slim stature!

hidekimotozua

Rinkside
https://youtu.be/lcw1zm3R_M0

Michael was on eisgala last week where he skated to snow patrol's chasing cars. First time I've seen him skate to something contemporary too. Hopefully this'll be the route that he takes next season.

That crazy biellmann at the end tho :luv17:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here's a few photos of Michael I took at the last Finlandia Trophy. Such an entertainer, a passionate and emotive skater, and amazing flexibility.

And by chance, we spoke to him briefly in the hotel elevator - what a polite and charming young man he is!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Here's a few photos of Michael I took at the last Finlandia Trophy. Such an entertainer, a passionate and emotive skater, and amazing flexibility.

And by chance, we spoke to him briefly in the hotel elevator - what a polite and charming young man he is!

Thank you for sharing your photos and your good words about Michael. Heartwarming for this fan and compatriot of Michael. I think he is a good ambassador not just for the sport of figure skating but for our country as well. :)

Sharing in turn this recent "JPop/KPop idol" selfie of his.
He is asking his fans "to send me a pic on my DM on what should I wear or what kind of outfit should I wear next week ^_-☆." Some of the suggestions already made: "Color royal blue With heavy [sequins] that glitter," "Wear something like a blue beaded/ sparkly top and black pants," and of course "You'd look good in any outfit." :agree: