Midwestern Sectionals, 16-19. Nov., 2016 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Midwestern Sectionals, 16-19. Nov., 2016

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Nice to see Maxine Marie Bautista making the cut in Junior Ladies after not getting out of Novice Sectionals last year. She was on the JGP alternates list if I'm remembering correctly.

Was looking up more info about Shannon Porter, since I don't remember much about her. Apparently she struggled to make it out of regionals for a long time (Stats On Ice profile here) not even making it out of the qualifying rounds for a few years of Juvenile, then making it to the Competitive Round in Intermediate and Novice but missing the Sectionals cut. Last year she moved up to Junior and made it all the way to Nationals and repeated that this year.

Maxine is a beautiful skater and coached by a guy who trained (during her younger years) one of the top US ladies. He has a pretty good stable of youngsters, currently led by Maxine who has battled some of the higher level jumps and is quite inconsistent but nevertheless has some nice talent. She fell short last year at MW Sectionals as there were many top Novice skaters.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
The old Amber is not back but will be good enough to make it to Nationals, lots of work left though. The question is will Emily make it in her Sr debut?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The old Amber is not back but will be good enough to make it to Nationals, lots of work left though. The question is will Emily make it in her Sr debut?

Answer: No. :( Poor girl.

Since you're watching, what would you say went wrong for Emily?

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hannah's coming back to nats! (sentimental favorite)
I like Amber too....another sentimental favorite;)

Last edited: