Mikhail Kolyada and Daria Beklemisheva get married! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada and Daria Beklemisheva get married!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Wow! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Did anybody even know they were an item?!

I've just had a quick look through both their Instagram profiles, and in both cases there are no pictures whatsoever of each other! And the last time Daria posted anything on her vKontakte profile was 2 years ago, to mark her 20[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday.

By the way, I've edited the title of the thread, for the simple reason that I came into it thinking that Misha Ge had got married! :eek:: After finding out it wasn't him, I felt it would save any further confusion if Kolyada's surname was added. And since the other half of the partnership is a known skater as well, it seemed right that Daria got equal billing. :agree: :biggrin:

I wish them all the happiness in their future together.

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you from me as well @CaroLiza_fan for the edit, I am another one who thinks of Misha GE immediately when I hear "Misha"!!! :laugh: Congrats to Misha K. and his lucky bride! Here's to many happy years together :luv17:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
She competes for Hungary now in pair with Mark Magyar:

She used to, they split up after failing olympics qualification for Korea. After that Mark teamed up with Elizaveta Kashitsyna and at Europeans 2018 he competed already with her.

sheetz

Record Breaker
He's also skating in The Ice in Japan beginning next weekend. In fact he'll have to be there in a few days' time. Maybe that'll double as a honeymoon? :laugh:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Great news!:hap85::hap10:
Finally we wont have to guess who's the lucky gal:laugh:
All the best to the happy couple! Misha looks fab!:luv17:

Yes, their happiness makes me smile. So cool that they could keep it private when 'everything' is on the net.... they must have good friends :)

Good luck to them on and off ice!

bloomies20

Rinkside
Have to admire the stealthy Kolyada. Its difficult to date and eventually marry another figure skater without anybody really noticing.

liv

Record Breaker
And that, folks, is how you date, get engaged and then get married without everyone and his uncle knowing about it in this day and age of social media and everyone knowing everything! Congratulations to a very happy looking couple!!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Congratulations!!! :cheer: Praying for endless happiness and much skating success for both!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Have to admire the stealthy Kolyada. Its difficult to date and eventually marry another figure skater without anybody really noticing.

That was impressive. It might be easy enough to get away with keeping your relationship quiet if you and your other half are in different lines of work. But, it can't have been easy to do it when you are in the same line of work, and moving around in the same circles.

That they managed to pull it off is some achievement! :bow: :clap: :points:

And that, folks, is how you date, get engaged and then get married without everyone and his uncle knowing about it in this day and age of social media and everyone knowing everything! Congratulations to a very happy looking couple!!

It reminds me of Sebastian Vettel. Despite being Formula 1 World Champion four times within the past 10 years, and despite now driving for the most iconic team in the sport, he has managed to keep his private life totally private. To the extent that very few people (even within the paddock) knew what his long-term girlfriend actually looked like. Then a few weeks ago, news came through that they had got married. And nobody had known that it was even happening.

Of course, the difference is that Vettel is one of those few people in the public eye that has no presence at all on social media. But, even so. It must not be easy to keep your private life private when you are in the public eye. So, I have the utmost admiration for people like Seb and Misha that have managed to do it.

And that is why I get angry at these people who are criticising Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for trying to lead a private life. Everybody is entitled to keep aspects (if not all) of their life private. We the public are not entitled to know everything about somebody's life just because they happen to be in the public eye due to their job / position or the family they are born into / married into.

So, I have the utmost admiration for people in the public eye who do keep their private lives private. :bow: And I hope that they can continue to do so. :agree: :biggrin:

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

CaroLiza_fan

Flyflybutterfly

Rinkside
My deepest congratulations to the new couple! Finally we know who is she; wow! they are so young! Best wishes of happiness and good luck in everything to them!

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
It reminds me of Sebastian Vettel. Despite being Formula 1 World Champion four times within the past 10 years, and despite now driving for the most iconic team in the sport, he has managed to keep his private life totally private. To the extent that very few people (even within the paddock) knew what his long-term girlfriend actually looked like. Then a few weeks ago, news came through that they had got married. And nobody had known that it was even happening.

You want to know something even more impressive? Vettel has not one but TWO daughters :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congrats to our Piña Kolyada and Dasha! (but for me he's still a child T_T)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats Mika! :)

He seems to never age... I keep forgetting he's already 24 - and he still looks like a teenager!

All the best to him and Daria!

Amei

Record Breaker
Congrats and much respect to the couple - pretty remarkable to see a couple of early 20-somethings not posting their entire life on social media.

That was impressive. It might be easy enough to get away with keeping your relationship quiet if you and your other half are in different lines of work. But, it can't have been easy to do it when you are in the same line of work, and moving around in the same circles.

That they managed to pull it off is some achievement! :bow: :clap: :points:

Of course, the difference is that Vettel is one of those few people in the public eye that has no presence at all on social media. But, even so. It must not be easy to keep your private life private when you are in the public eye. So, I have the utmost admiration for people like Seb and Misha that have managed to do it.

And that is why I get angry at these people who are criticising Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for trying to lead a private life. Everybody is entitled to keep aspects (if not all) of their life private. We the public are not entitled to know everything about somebody's life just because they happen to be in the public eye due to their job / position or the family they are born into / married into.

So, I have the utmost admiration for people in the public eye who do keep their private lives private. :bow: And I hope that they can continue to do so. :agree: :biggrin:

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

CaroLiza_fan

But there's a big difference between Kolyada, Vettel and Harry/Meghan - Kolyada and Vettel are private citizens, if they happen to get any kind of public funding its based off their personal achievements and should they quit performing to the highest level they can be kicked off the national team and lose funding; Harry/Meghan get public money based purely off of who his parents are and there isn't much that can be done by the general public to remove their funding. If they want to be private citizens - stop taking public dollars. Sorry I went a bit :eek:topic: