Music suggestions for 2022-23

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Now comes to my mind some Elvis'music... What about "Mine", especially for pairs skating? 😃

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
This is one of my favorite songs. BTW it dates back at least to the 1960s when it was on a Johnny Mathis album.
Johnny Mathis is where I first heard it..
I would love a performance to this …
The height of romance…

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Ban all classical music...surely we have more modern stuff to skate to.

And ban all Roxanne's, Maria's, Cathedral's, cheesy musical stuff...

Hey people, it's 2022! Let the music show that.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thank you!!!! Like seriously.....you wanted to show all your glory in your skating and you go for a warhorse classical song....come on.....you can be more creative than that! Creativity of music make the program memorable.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Some video games potential substitutes:

House of Flying Dragons/crouching Tiger/Mulan—> check out Jade Empire!

Game of Thrones? Check out Icewind Dale!

Cathedrals? NoterDams etc? There is always Assassins’ Creed Unity!

…in fact, there is likely an Assassins’ Creed track for every occasion. It can be Rhythm Dance theme lol

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Idea 10

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Some video games potential substitutes:

House of Flying Dragons/crouching Tiger/Mulan—> check out Jade Empire!

Game of Thrones? Check out Icewind Dale!

Cathedrals? NoterDams etc? There is always Assassins’ Creed Unity!

…in fact, there is likely an Assassins’ Creed track for every occasion. It can be Rhythm Dance theme lol
ice wind dale! what a throw back! i used to play that game ages ago! :LOL: to stay on the subject of ASOIAF though there's the new spin off that has a nice soundtrack.
about Assassin Creed i've been wishing for a Black Flag or Valhalla program for ages!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
ice wind dale! what a throw back! i used to play that game ages ago! :LOL: to stay on the subject of ASOIAF though there's the new spin off that has a nice soundtrack.
about Assassin Creed i've been wishing for a Black Flag or Valhalla program for ages!
IWD was a gem.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I was mourning Irene Cara today, I came across this stunning piece of work. My fiancé Jimmy Ma? I don't know, but someone must skate to it.

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Yesss that'd be a great idea!! I love Chopin music but so few times it is used in figure skating. This should be reevaluated, because his music has a looot of drama elements and many pieces have wonderful dancing themes. Maybe I could be too much on his side but it is because he's my favorite composer and I can play some of his music! 😁🎹

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Here's something else related to Chopin, continuing the post I wrote before. It is the soundtrack from the movie "Magnificent Obsession" (1954) which has the very music themes by Chopin, but in orchestra version. It would be nice to hear part of this soundtrack in skating!!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

I would really like to see less of these schmoozy jazz covers that skaters use, especially North American ones. I love classical music though, but I also like modern music (if these are not those jazzy covers) being used in figure skating too.

FaustinaF

Rinkside
For me classic music should be re-discovered in skating, there is really a lot of beautiful repertoire not so often presented even at classical concerts, that could provide great inspiration for figure skating performances. However, yep, I always felt that great programs should be the perfect combination of tech elements, artistic components and whatever music you choose but all this put together greatly, so, if you use classical music or modern music for me it's ok, but with the condition that you tell something with what you represent. For example: Malinin's music Euphoria is not my favorite but with Malinin's greatness you see a wonderful program, that includes the music itself!! 😃

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I want a male skater to skate to Judas Priest's Painkiller. :slink:I wonder if something like that would be doable, what with the frantic speed.
Less soft rock and more hard rock/metal would be nice. And no depressing slow covers.