Natalia Popova for pairs? | Golden Skate

Natalia Popova for pairs?

naplesskater

Rinkside
Has Natalia Popova, Ukrainian single skater, ever performed with a male partner?
And how do you see her in pair?
Personally, I think she can give the best not only in individual.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Popova is 169 cm tall, for pairs skating that would be very tall, she'd need a partner around 190 cm or more and even then, it could be too hard on her joints and such. Perhaps she could try ice dance though I think it would be hard to make the switch at her age.

NaVi

Medalist
Sorry, but I don't see it for many reasons but I'll only mention her height and body type as being potential issues. She's 169cm(5'6) and the tallest lady pair skater at the World Championships was Valentina Marchei at 161cm(5'3).

naplesskater

Rinkside
I know height issue and don't mean necessarly a professional switch to pair.
I'd like to see her skating with a male partner also in a gala or other non-competitive exhibitions.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I know height issue and don't mean necessarly a professional switch to pair.
I'd like to see her skating with a male partner also in a gala or other non-competitive exhibitions.

Ice dance would be a better option but I have no idea if she has any training in ice dance. I just think that it would be easier to find an ice dance partner in Ukraine as opposed to pairs. There are a number of good ice dancers from Ukraine but no pairs. Also her height would not be an issue in ice dance as many female ice dancers are as tall as Popova if not taller.

naplesskater

Rinkside
Natalia in ice-dance? Suggestive idea! Which Ukrainian male ice-dancers could be matchable?
Do you know if she had the opportunity to skate with some partner in a non-competitive context?

naplesskater

Rinkside
I've done a search on the net and not found any videos, photos or news about Popova's exhibition in pair or dance.
However, I keep thinking she could surprise with a male partner.
And, sooner or later, the best Ukrainian individual will contribute to stregthen the national ice-dance movement.
Coz of my poor knowledge about Ukrainian context, I ask you if there are male partners who can dance or skate with Natalia.

Flaya

Match Penalty
There would be another problem, there is a junior pair Renata Ohanesian / Mark Bardei that is going to Seniors (either the 2015-16 or 2016-17 season) and they seem to have what it takes to at least make it to Worlds.

So Natalia and her potential partner would have to fight to even win the national title, at least until the time that Ukraine could secure two spots at Europeans/Worlds.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A good sense of rhythm
deep edges
ability to do quick steps on clear edges
nice extension
ability to work well with and match a partner
willingness to commit to a long-term plan

desire to move to Michigan or Montreal? :laugh2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
a good sense of rhythm
deep edges
nice extension

desire to move to michigan or montreal? :laugh2:

hehe :)

naplesskater

Rinkside
A good sense of rhythm
deep edges
nice extension

desire to move to Michigan or Montreal? :laugh2:

At this point I've two specific questions on Natalia.
Does she have these features?
Isn't late to switch to ice-dance at 21 years?

naplesskater

Rinkside
Do you have any videos, photos or simply news about perfomances of Natalia with a male partner in not competitive context?
I mean galas, trainings etc.