Nathan Chen | Page 918 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

lzxnl

Final Flight
Looks like the next plan is to bring the loop back so he could potentially stack 6 quads in FS which is kinda insane for a 4 min program. Don’t know if it’s even possible.

Well, if he does a 4-4, of which I've heard rumours, it's possible.

4Lo
4F-4T
4Lz
3A-3T
4T-Eu-3S
4S
3A

No double jumps.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I think 4T-4T and/or 6 quad FS are actually realistic, though probably not until next season at the earliest.

Remember when he said (2 years ago?) that he wanted to get his quads to feel like triples? He’s getting there!

sheetz

Record Breaker
4T-4T, 4Lz, 3A would be unbeatable in the SP.

----------------------------
Nam describes why Nathan is so tough.
https://nationalpost.com/sports/oly...easy/wcm/4ff3fc7a-88d4-48aa-9db0-4bb69252f274
“You know, I’ve also talked about in the past of upgrading my technical content. I think with that, I don’t really know if I’m down to continue adding more jumps into my programs, just because it takes a lot of mental strength to do that, not so much physical.

“I think that’s where Nathan is really good, his mental strength is way up there and that’s why he’s able to put out five quads in his free program.”

frida80

Record Breaker
so doing a 4T+4T (which I think is more realistic than 4F+4T) instead of 4lz + 3T brings extra 2.9 pts . Not that worthy to me

With the addition of the 4Lo, the way for him to max out his BV is to add a 3A+4T to his FS. This is how it probably work.

3A+4T
4Lo
4S
4Lz+3T
4F
4T
3A

Ridiculous, but possible. But he does need to plan well these next two years. If he should also try +3Lo combos and back loading combos with the 4Lz and 4Lz as well.

zebobes

Final Flight
With the addition of the 4Lo, the way for him to max out his BV is to add a 3A+4T to his FS. This is how it probably work.

3A+4T
4Lo
4S
4Lz+3T
4F
4T
3A

Ridiculous, but possible. But he does need to plan well these next two years. If he should also trippy +3Lo combos and back loading combos with the 4Lz and 4Lz as well.

I feel like it's a little silly to be talking about what is more realistic when Nathan hasn't done a 4-4 combination yet or jumped a 4Lo in competition for a couple years, but if I were a betting man, I would think a 4T-4T much more likely than a 3A-4T. 4T is one of his favorite jumps, and it's easier for him to eke out this jump. His 4F and 4Lz are beautiful, but he has to really focus to get them out, whereas he can even throw 4T into exhibitions.

lurkz2

On the Ice
Another crazy option with six quads:
4Lo
4Lz
4T1eu4F
3A
4S
4T3T
3Lz3T

I don't think there is a lot of incentive for a 4-4 or 4-Eu-4 with the current rules. After all, BV for the 4TEu4F and 3Lz3T combos is the same as that for 4TEu3Lz and 4F3T.

The highest scoring layout in fact favors having the quad as the first jump because IIRC the additional GOE points for a combo is based on the first jump.

VikiLeeks

On the Ice
I don't think there is a lot of incentive for a 4-4 or 4-Eu-4 with the current rules. After all, BV for the 4TEu4F and 3Lz3T combos is the same as that for 4TEu3Lz and 4F3T.

The highest scoring layout in fact favors having the quad as the first jump because IIRC the additional GOE points for a combo is based on the first jump.

Well, the point is to have enough stength for quads and jump something less exhausting in the end. The 4TEu3Lz combo is impossible because of the outside edge on the lutz. Only salchow or flip can be added, and they are cheaper. Besides, GOE points in jump combos are based on a more expensive jump regadless of their order.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
4T1eu4F seems too difficult. He has only been successful with 4T1eu3F in competition once so far :p

VikiLeeks

On the Ice
4T1eu4F seems too difficult. He has only been successful with 4T1eu3F in competition once so far :p

Yeah, I know. :laugh: This layout seems absolutely insane. But 4Lo is unnecessary without stonger combos, curent rules are not flexible enough for six quads. The loop is too risky for its BV. Only the triple axel is cheaper in Nathan's curent layout. 4T in the bonus half is quite reliable and can be turned into a combo if necessary. I don't see other options with six quads, really. In any case, there will be a major overhaul if they decide to give it a try.

doublequad

On the Ice
Honestly the most realistic he can do is bring back two 3A and 2 quad lutz or flip. Layout becomes:
4Lz-3T
4Lz
4F
4S
4T-Eu-3F
3A-3T
3A

All things he can do and that gets him an enormous base value; roughly 103.5.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Honestly the most realistic he can do is bring back two 3A and 2 quad lutz or flip. Layout becomes:
4Lz-3T
4Lz
4F
4S
4T-Eu-3F
3A-3T
3A

All things he can do and that gets him an enormous base value; roughly 103.5.

Except that has three repeated jumps. Can't repeat 3A, 4T, 4Lz. Either replace a 3A with a 3Lz (basically what he does now) or replace a 3T with a 2T (what Yuzuru did)