NBC Sports Gold - 2020-2021 Season Pass | Page 4 | Golden Skate

NBC Sports Gold - 2020-2021 Season Pass

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Go to Browse ->Sports then scroll down to Figure Skating section click View All to the right, you will find the videos descending by the release date. The videos for NHK Trophy are called Ice Skating Osaka.
Yeah I agree Peacock TV is not user friendly.
Wow! Thank you! It should have come up then when I put in Ice Skating!!! Even without Osaka. Unbelievable that they didn't name it NHK Trophy. Good grief! Their lack of sensible organization for all of these skating videos is incredibly egregious.

I will try this again, but when I scrolled to the right, all of the GP videos did not show up for some reason.

ETA:
Okay, I see you said click on 'View All' button all the way to the right, and a page comes up with everything. However, I believe I did do that once and not everything came up, or I didn't notice that everything was there if I scrolled down the page. Thanks again for your help.

It's still not understandable why a search under 'figure skating' or 'ice skating' won't bring up all the videos.

Last edited:

DC2003

Rinkside
Thanks for the update....what a surprise! How did you find out? I did not receive any notification from NBC Sports Gold or Peacock about this.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
If anyone was an NBC Gold subscriber prior to the Peacock move, access to the archive has been extended through April 19, 2021. Still really hoping all this will get moved to Peacock and doesn't just become impossible to watch ever again.

When did this happen? I don't recall seeing an email notification, but I may have missed it. They should have left it all up and not cut us off after end of December 2020. Maybe enough fans complained again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A happy update: Just noticed that almost all video of 2020 U.S. Nats has been added to USFS Fan Zone. :)

Click on "On Demand;" and then on the drop-down menu for "Categories," look for "2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships," which currently is the sixth listing.

ETA (on Mar 15):
Disclaimer that the position of 2020 U.S. Nats on the list keeps changing, as Fan Zone keeps adding more and more events.​

Video of all Senior and Junior competition segments from 2020 Nats is available there ... except for Senior FD.

(Note: Junior RD is there -- at https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=2284&category=127&type=Archive -- but is mislabeled as Junior FD.
In other words, do not be fooled that Junior FD seems to appear twice and Junior RD not at all.)

No gala, but I cannot complain. The competition video is a very welcome surprise.

ETA (on Mar 10):

Another update: Fan Zone very recently has added video for *2019 Skate Canada*, which at the moment is the fourth listing on the drop-down menu.
2020 Nats currently is the seventh listing.
(Lest anyone wonder: The order of listings is not the same order in which events have been added to the site.)​

ETA (on Mar 15):

Fan Zone continues to add more event video. The most recent addition is *2019 Cup of China*, which at the moment is the second listing on the drop-down menu.
2020 Nats currently is the eighth listing.​

ETA (on Mar 21):

The most recent additions to Fan Zone event video are *2019 NHK Trophy* and *2019 Rostelecom Cup*, which at the moment are the fourth and sixth listings on the drop-down menu.
For 2019 Rostelecom, even the gala is included.
2020 Nats currently is the tenth listing.​

ETA (on Apr 3):

The most recent additions to Fan Zone event video are *2019 Internationaux de France* and *2019 Grand Prix Final* (senior competition), which at the moment are the fourth and fifth listings on the drop-down menu.
For both 2019 IdF and 2019 GPF, the gala is included.
2020 Nats currently is the twelfth listing.​

ETA (on Apr 8):

The most recent additions to Fan Zone event video are *2019 Worlds;* *2020 Euros* (except Pairs SP); and *2020 Four Continents,* which at the moment are the sixth, thirteen, and fourteenth listings on the drop-down menu.
2020 Nats currently is the fifteenth listing.​

Last edited:

DC2003

Rinkside
Goodbye, NBC Sports Gold. The figure skating link now gives me the message "You are not authorized to access this page." Glad I had the opportunity to finish watching all the content I wanted to by April 19, but wonder where (if ever) these past competitions can be viewed online again like this.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Goodbye, NBC Sports Gold. The figure skating link now gives me the message "You are not authorized to access this page." Glad I had the opportunity to finish watching all the content I wanted to by April 19, but wonder where (if ever) these past competitions can be viewed online again like this.

USFS Fan Zone has added (free) video of almost all major competitions from the 2019-20 season, if those are the "past competitions" that you are hoping to view again.
(The only exception is 2019 Skate America, which is on Peacock Premium, AFAIK.)

I was not a subscriber to NBC Sports Gold, so I do not know which past competitions had been available there.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I was not a subscriber to NBC Sports Gold, so I do not know which past competitions had been available there
With NBC Sports Gold, there was archived content from the 2017-18 season onwards. I bought the pass for $10 last March because it was reduced. (I believe that this was because of Worlds being canceled, but I don't know for sure) It's normally $60, so it seemed like a great idea when I was stuck at home and had nothing better to do.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
With NBC Sports Gold, there was archived content from the 2017-18 season onwards. ...

Thanks.
So I will add that USFS Fan Zone also has video of all major competitions from the 2017-18 season too (entire GP series including Skate America, U.S. Nats, senior ISU Championships).

Plus Fan Zone has almost all of the 2019-20 season (except Skate America), as mentioned in my previous post.

Not everything from NBC Sports Gold, but a good chunk of it.
(I have no idea why only those two seasons have been added to Fan Zone, instead of all three.)

ETA (on May 3):

From the 2018-19 season, I forgot to say earlier (duh) that Fan Zone has video from 2019 Worlds!​

Last edited: