need blade advice | Page 2 | Golden Skate

need blade advice

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Coronation ace are great for spins and jumps up to doubles but there are supply issues right now so I would recommend Jackson Ultima Legacy 7. I’ve just changed to these from CA and they are pretty much the same just a lot lighter and my spins are much faster. The man at the skate shop recommended them as they are almost identical to CA.
Except they really aren't. The company tells them to tell skaters they are the same, but the rocker is flatter than CA.

mollymoo1608

Spectator
Except they really aren't. The company tells them to tell skaters they are the same, but the rocker is flatter than CA.
Oh I didn’t realise! It took me around 6 hours of skating to get used to the change but I actually think my spins are a lot more faster and easier now with the legacy 7

High Carbon

Skate technician
Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hi, i’ve been skating for a year with the blades that came w my boots. I’m currently working on the lutz and probably gonna start on the axel soon, also i really struggled w spins for a while but i’ve finally started getting somewhere.

Like everyone else im not sure if I should go with the CAs or MK Pros, I need a blade that will help with my spins more than anything, I constantly fall out of them or can't centre them. My jumps are pretty solid so im not afraid of them being affected much. Idk what else to talk about but I can answer any questions.

Any help is appreciated!!
Hello! Between the two I would recommend Coronation Ace. They're both very comparable blades, however the subtle secondary rocker (the part of the blade between the ball of the foot and the toepick) would help so you wouldn't need to rock so far up on your toe to spin. Personally I prefer an aggressive secondary rocker, even for spinning since I just need to point my toe more, however it can be relatively awkward for many people who enjoy a more subtle secondary rocker like the one on CA or Pattern 99. I'm not sure what the MK Pro secondary rocker is without measuring for it (it's not a listed spec) but the cross cut pick of the CA would keep your toe jumps a little more secured while you adjust for your spins. What blades are you currently on?
Another possible factor is blade alignment. I'm assuming your skate technician made sure your blade was centered right under your foot correctly, however it is still a potential variable to consider if it's not already certain.