OutofShapeWorthlessLoser: Gracie Gold | Page 10 | Golden Skate

OutofShapeWorthlessLoser: Gracie Gold

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
On the other hand it's clear that when you put your biography out there people will comment on your very personal life. I think it's fair to do this, as long as it does not cross borders.
Any form of life writing, when based on ourselves, is more or less an invitation to do so (this is why, given that I will be studying life writing this coming session, I will be very much poaching other people's lives to do so :biggrin:because I am a coward) even if the comments are not always or entirely positive, as long as they are hopefully respectful and not deliberately hurtful (especially given the topic of the book!). It's the price paid for telling strangers your secrets.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any form of life writing, when based on ourselves, is more or less an invitation to do so (this is why, given that I will be studying life writing this coming session, I will be very much poaching other people's lives to do so :biggrin:because I am a coward) even if the comments are not always or entirely positive, as long as they are hopefully respectful and not deliberately hurtful (especially given the topic of the book!). It's the price paid for telling strangers your secrets.
Are you studying it at a University? I would love to learn that. :ot:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Are you studying it at a University? I would love to learn that. :ot:
Yes, when I was planning retirement a few years ago, doing university studies was one of my plans: several of them were sidetracked at the time by lockdown, but I was able to enrol in a good university's online B Arts and am working my way through. Because I;m not working any more, I can pretty much do whatever I want :biggrin: and I am sure it is good for me to keep up the mental challenge.

To bring it ontopic, I should get a copy of Gracie's book for 'research.'
I've done a bit of it (although I don't really like to read biographies, lol, or maybe that's partly an effect) I would love to talk about it in a thread in the café!
That might be fun for people! Please start one, it would be interesting to hear from other people who have done 'mature age' study. I have done a range of arts subjects now.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure if this has been posted. Gracie was in the Chicago area doing a book signing. While she was in town, she did a Road to Gold seminar with Alexa Knierim and Mirai Nagasu at the Oakton Ice Arena, the rink where Chris K. is director of skating / pairs.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeopardy Question: "Outofshapeworthlessloser" is a new memoir from Gracie Gold, U.S. Olympic Medalist in this winter sport:

I have a ss, but it's not liking me trying to share from FB.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure if this has been posted. Gracie was in the Chicago area doing a book signing. While she was in town, she did a Road to Gold seminar with Alexa Knierim and Mirai Nagasu at the Oakton Ice Arena, the rink that Chris K. manages.

I hope she does a book signing when she does the Road2Gold in St Louis.

Country
Norway
Trying something new…

I just saw this earlier today and i´m excited about this clip. Regardless if she is thinking of switching to pairs, if this is a new video I´m surprised to see her triple toe looks so great after the surgery and recovery she had. I had the impression she hasn´t been much on ice for the last couple of months so I wasn´t expecting her to already jump a triple toe...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Not sure if this has been posted. Gracie was in the Chicago area doing a book signing. While she was in town, she did a Road to Gold seminar with Alexa Knierim and Mirai Nagasu at the Oakton Ice Arena, the rink that Chris K. manages.

IIRC Chris is not the rink manager. He's the Skating Director of the figure skating/pairs program they have established there.

Country
Norway
The source of this video seems to be from this IG from Trudy Oltmann:

Trudy Oltmanns is from my understanding a pair coach.

The skater she is skating with is tagged in the photo is Danil Siianytsia, a Ukranian born pairs skater who represented US in in pairs but split ut with Smirnova in august 2023.

So it could be for fun, but since it seems Siianytsia doesn´t have a new partner now it could possible be a serious try out?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trudy Oltmanns is indeed a pairs coach in Minnesota.

Fun fact that has nothing to do with anything, her daughter Emily is Jason Brown's BFF. (Emily Oltmanns used to work with Kori Ade as coach).

Gracie is looking good.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IIRC Chris is not the rink manager. He's the Skating Director of the figure skating/pairs program they have established there.
I believe David Santee is still the official rink manager

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trudy Oltmanns is indeed a pairs coach in Minnesota.

Fun fact that has nothing to do with anything, her daughter Emily is Jason Brown's BFF. (Emily Oltmanns used to work with Kori Ade as coach).

Gracie is looking good.
My Queen always looks good. 👑

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I believe David Santee is still the official rink manager
He's not. He was the former Skating Director before Chris K took over. Brent is the name of the man who is the rink manager and facilities manager for that whole parks district where the rink is located.

Santee is just coaching now IIRC.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's not. He was the former Skating Director before Chris K took over. Brent is the name of the man who is the rink manager and facilities manager for that whole parks district where the rink is located.

Santee is just coaching now IIRC.
Whoops. Sorry. I was incorrect.

withwings

On the Ice
I just saw this earlier today and i´m excited about this clip. Regardless if she is thinking of switching to pairs, if this is a new video I´m surprised to see her triple toe looks so great after the surgery and recovery she had. I had the impression she hasn´t been much on ice for the last couple of months so I wasn´t expecting her to already jump a triple toe...
I have read that this video clip is taken before surgery.