Parade of Nations - Flag Bearers etc. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Parade of Nations - Flag Bearers etc.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Sorry for my ignorance, what time does the opening ceremony start? I can't seem to find that particular information anywhere :scratch2:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Sorry for my ignorance, what time does the opening ceremony start? I can't seem to find that particular information anywhere :scratch2:

I know that live coverage starts on NBC in the US at 8pm EST on Friday.

MGstyle

Medalist

Thanks, at least I know now... that's 2am over here, like just about everything else!!! :hopelessness: I had hoped at least the opening ceremony would be held in the evening local time, but... :palmf: Oh well, one day added to the sleepless 2 weeks won't change much :yawn::unsure:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

The coverage on both Eurosport and the BBC starts at 10:30 GMT (11:30 CET). But, I am not sure what time the ceremony itself actually starts. My guess is that the TV channels will have a 30 minute lead-in, with the ceremony starting at 11:00 GMT (12:00 CET). But, I don't actually know for sure.

CaroLiza_fan

MGstyle

Medalist

The coverage on both Eurosport and the BBC starts at 10:30 GMT (11:30 CET). But, I am not sure what time the ceremony itself actually starts. My guess is that the TV channels will have a 30 minute lead-in, with the ceremony starting at 11:00 GMT (12:00 CET). But, I don't actually know for sure.

CaroLiza_fan

Opening ceremony is 6am est on Friday.

OMG!!!! None of these correspond with each other!!!! Now I am seriously confused.com :eekn::jaw::eek:

Wait, the last two responses are pretty close... so it will be around 6EST, 12noonCET & 18 Local, more or less???

MGstyle

Medalist
Ok a friend of mine who went there as a volunteer just answered me, yes. 20:00 Local (=12:00 noon CET & 06:00 EST)!!! Phew. :agree:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Emil Hegle Svendsen, biathlon, flag bearer for Norway. Four olympic golds so far.

Marit Bjørgen, cross country, declined as she is competing the day after the opening ceremony.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emil Hegle Svendsen, biathlon, flag bearer for Norway. Four olympic golds so far.

Marit Bjørgen, cross country, declined as she is competing the day after the opening ceremony.

Like many people, I was expecting Bjørgen to be doing it. So it came as a shock when I checked the page first thing this morning and saw a different name. My brain just wasn't in gear enough at that time of day to work out that the reason was that she would be racing on Saturday! :palmf:

So thank you for giving the backround.

By the way, I have posted in the Ski Jumping thread that Janne Ahonen is doing it for Finland, and posted in the Nordic Combined thread that Eric Frenzel is doing it for Germany.

CaroLiza_fan

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So that's 4 figure skaters (well five since Tessa and Scott are sharing it for Canada) with a few countries left to announce it.

The Philippines haven't named anyone, and they only have two athletes, including Michael Christian Martinez. North Korea hasn't either. Those are the only countries with skaters who haven't named one yet.

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
So that's 4 figure skaters (well five since Tessa and Scott are sharing it for Canada) with a few countries left to announce it.

The Philippines haven't named anyone, and they only have two athletes, including Michael Christian Martinez. North Korea hasn't either. Those are the only countries with skaters who haven't named one yet.

There is also Turkey with Agafonova/Ucar.