Pavliuchenko and Khodykin: Senior ranks | Golden Skate

Pavliuchenko and Khodykin: Senior ranks

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daria Pavliuchenko and Denis Khodykin crowned their second season as a team with the World Junior Pairs title last March in Sofia, Bulgaria, leading the first Russian sweep of the pairs podium at Junior Worlds in 32 years. Now, this young team – she turned 15 last December and he will be 19 in July – is aiming to take on the senior skating world. After their vacation in the first half of May, the skaters and coaches Sergei Dobroskokov and Sergei Rosliakov are back in Moscow at their home rink and preparing for the upcoming season.

More...

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh, looks like they are going senior. Wasn't sure since they had 2 more jr eligible seasons. I'm a big fan of this pair; she's a firecracker and he seems like a steady influence and smooth skater. Both have really solid SS for a pair their age. Wish them the best next season.

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Yay! I really loved them at junior worlds and they have so much potential. Plus, with many of the top teams retiring there is definitely a place for them in the top ranks.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm a bit confused by their comment about the Challenger events. They say they want to do two CS events, "probably in Belarus, Latvia or Estonia". Estonia, well that's Tallinn Trophy. Belarus would be Minsk Ice Star, which is an easy mistake, since it was a CS event last season, though it isn't this year. But Latvia? There's no ISU Challenger event in Latvia this coming season, there wasn't one this past season or even in 2016-17.

And also, I wonder what events they'll actually do since two of the places they name don't have events this year.

alvina9894

Final Flight
3T3T? Isn't that what they're doing last season? I thought those recent training sessions with Tutberidze would help them upgrade their SBS jumps

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I hope this means they get better costumes. I couldn’t focus on the skating at junior worlds in the fs because their costumes clashed so bad. Otherwise I really like them, best of luck :)

Tatjana

On the Ice
I'm a bit confused by their comment about the Challenger events. They say they want to do two CS events, "probably in Belarus, Latvia or Estonia". Estonia, well that's Tallinn Trophy. Belarus would be Minsk Ice Star, which is an easy mistake, since it was a CS event last season, though it isn't this year. But Latvia? There's no ISU Challenger event in Latvia this coming season, there wasn't one this past season or even in 2016-17.

And also, I wonder what events they'll actually do since two of the places they name don't have events this year.

The interview was done before the ISU published their list of competitions. So they assumed that Minsk Ice Star in Belarus, Tallin Trophy in Estonia and the Volvo Cup in Riga, Latvia could be part of the Challenger Series. All these competitions are taking place (please see the ISU event calendar). Btw, skaters often use "Challenger Series event" as a synonym for any senior B international competition. :)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The interview was done before the ISU published their list of competitions. So they assumed that Minsk Ice Star in Belarus, Tallin Trophy in Estonia and the Volvo Cup in Riga, Latvia could be part of the Challenger Series. All these competitions are taking place (please see the ISU event calendar). Btw, skaters often use "Challenger Series event" as a synonym for any senior B international competition. :)

I know the events are happening, but actual CS events are preferable since they count for SB and give them WS points, which will help improve their start orders. But I figured it was before the list was out. That's why I was mostly confused by Latvia.

Ded Moroz

LADIES QUAD CLUB
On the Ice
Country
United-Nations
Good news. Getting in an extra year of competition with the best will be beneficial for them come next Olympics. :thumbsup:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to this team on getting assigned two GP events!