Polina Tsurskaya | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Polina Tsurskaya

Azikin

Medalist
That's normal because that dress IS an abomination...
3rd Russian spot is very far at the moment, just look at the names she lost to at the last competition...

Fluture

Record Breaker
That's normal because that dress IS an abomination...
3rd Russian spot is very far at the moment, just look at the names she lost to at the last competition...

Well, so far Masha Sotskova isn‘t doing well either if you can judge from only two outings (test skates and JO). Liza Tuktamysheva is hungry for that spot and so far Polina has nothing to challenge her unfortunately. Other than those two there are Stasya Konstantinova who Polina should be able to beat any day in terms of jump quality, spins and performance but Stasya is really getting a bit more consistent so.... Dasha Panenkova isn‘t doing too well either. So, the only one who has had stellar outings so far is Liza. The others are all struggling. I can‘t see how Polina could overcome Liza with her 3A if she doesn‘t make mistakes but for the rest... she definitely could.

I don’t know, maybe it‘s just that I love her so much and I‘m trying to be optimistic.

(But relieving that I‘m not the only one who thinks like this about that dress. :laugh: )

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jackie's practice note: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1053055379926507520?s=20

Let me start by saying her 3lz/3t was not two footed. I was sitting right where she jumped it. It was tight, as with the flip, but all jumps were landed successfully. Second 3lz/3t in her run through was HUGE.

I'm not sure what happens to Polina in competition but she did not loose her jumps at all. Her jumps are high and rotated. She seemed confident and didn't miss a beat and looks ready to slay. What she does in competition though I don't know. Zavosin was at the boards with her. And when she came off the ice, there was a smile. I hope this means she in a good place mentally and physically!

ETA: someone posted photos of Polina from today's practice https://www.instagram.com/p/BpF4rRXhtpw/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=udjy3sg6j1dl

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 3T was definitely not under. Polina was so underscored!

PCS scores by 3 points, she should not be getting marks on par with Sofia. But that's another discussion. But the toe and flip were short. Pity because she can do them but nerves/confidence? IDK :slink: When she double the flip in the LP, it was like she gave up or at least that was my impression. Sigh.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
right???
polina pls stick with olga's dress

I actually like the dress (saw it in person, it's better than pictures) :slink: but not the blue additions. My problem with Levin is that he has one idea too many and should learn how to stop. Olga is nice but it all looks the same to me especially the backs :think: I just haven't liked a dress so far from her this season except for Polina's and that because it was purple. But JMO. I can see why people like Olga though.

Yasmina1996

Rinkside
Polina was so beautiful in new both dresses! And I like her new programms so much. She became so gracefull! But I was crying about her jumps. What is happened? She is in good condition, looks like no any problems with health.

Fluture

Record Breaker
And she also became a 150 points skater... :palmf:

I heavily dislike Buyanova so I partially blame her for what happened to Polina. But we must face reality, she already struggled last season, so it‘s not like being with Eteri has actually helped her getting anywhere like Worlds or Olympics... So, if she wanted to change, then that‘s okay and I support it because everyone has the right to make decisions for themselves but maybe Buyanova wasn‘t the right choice ?? Dunno, I‘m pretty doubtful about that coach but let‘s give her at least time until her second event to judge.

But for now, it‘s a sad state Polina is in. Her jumps are as high as ever and especially her 2A was really, really underscored in her programs. While her 3F was definitely rightfully called, her combo looked okay to me. Generally, she‘s getting NO favours at all and is judged really hard. Her Free was difficult to watch, it was obvious she was so afraid of getting URs again, she lost her confidence, popping lots of her jumps. It’s so sad to watch because she‘s just such a beautiful skater and her health and now her technical problems always seem to ruin what she‘d really deserved. Which are placements a lot closer to the podium if not on it than she got yesterday. :(

Her jumps are so beautiful and high, that delayed rotation is wonderful but it seems to cause her severe problems as well... I hope somebody in team Buyanova is able to help her fix it or maybe she should consider another coach... Would there be someone who‘d fit there and willing to take her? But changing coaches again next year doesn‘t seem like a great idea either...

Oh well... I know I‘m pessimistic right now but I just want Polina do well and it seems like she never reaches her full potential... :(

Artemisa

Final Flight
Welll... Polina Tsurskaya have a problem with UR... but I think ( in my opinion) the judges are more hard with her than other athletes with the same problem ....

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I heavily dislike Buyanova so I partially blame her for what happened to Polina. But we must face reality, she already struggled last season, so it‘s not like being with Eteri has actually helped her getting anywhere like Worlds or Olympics
Oh, come on. She scored 210 points last season. Also, she was very close to making it to those teams. She inexplicitly got scored far below Konstantinova in PCS while Konstantinova also got some very lenient tech calls. How can you blame Eteri for that? And what if Polina got rightfully placed above Konstantinova in PCS(Like she would internationally)? Then suddenly Eteri did help her get to Worlds and Olympics, even if the actual performances of the two skaters wouldn't have been any different? You have to realize that there's only so much that a coach can do.

210 points is about 50 points better than 160, in any case.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Oh, come on. She scored 210 points last season. Also, she was very close to making it to those teams. She inexplicitly got scored far below Konstantinova in PCS while Konstantinova also got some very lenient tech calls. How can you blame Eteri for that? And what if Polina got rightfully placed above Konstantinova in PCS(Like she would internationally)? Then suddenly Eteri did help her get to Worlds and Olympics, even if the actual performances of the two skaters wouldn't have been any different? You have to realize that there's only so much that a coach can do.

but she has health problems. Eteri is not that kind of coach to help girls with injuries and health problems. Maybe she would squeeze one more "almost qualified to the Russian team" season out of her... and that would be it, done and over.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Calm down a bit. That wasn‘t even a jab at Eteri, it‘s just a matter of fact. Polina had issues last season, too, it‘s not like they just magically appeared when she changed to Buyanova. She definitely regressed a lot under her but that wasn‘t even my point. It‘s more like that she clearly also wasn‘t in perfect condition last season, popping jumps when nervous and all that stuff. She also had health related problems. (Back injuries are pretty dangerous, especially as a figure skater)

My comment was more like: “not even Eteri could help her go to the Olympics or Worlds“ And that‘s why I don‘t like it if people talk like: ”Oh she shouldn‘t have left Eteri, she would be doing so much better now!“ because that‘s pretty debatable since her issues started last season already (not as severe, though) and there‘s no training method that makes you keep your results if you‘re struggling either mentally or physically. So we don’t know how she’d done under Eteri this season at all. I obviously don‘t deny that she got worse (why would I even, I don’t even like Buyanova) but if she didn‘t want to be with Eteri anymore, she had to make a change. Whether Buyanova was the right decision is a totally different question. But while I obviously don‘t know for sure, I believe staying in an environment where you‘re clearly unhappy leads to even worse results.