Practice reports | Golden Skate

Practice reports

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice dance and men's have finished. Pairs just starting. A few minutes ago, Peng and Jin were standing next to me. I knew I recognized them!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Unfortunately need to go revise for a test now so cannot join in on practice reports, but will drop in to catch James/Cipres run through!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looked pretty rough. So happy Haven Denney looking more secure with her throws and jumps. Gorgeous spins from Peng and Jin out of their run through...Wi Fi not working too well. Grrrr!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Looked pretty rough. So happy Haven Denney looking more secure with her throws and jumps. Gorgeous spins from Peng and Jin out of their run through...Wi Fi not working too well. Grrrr!

have loads of fun, please cheer super loudly on James/Cipres and Piper and Paul on my behalf!!!:cheer::ghug:

pearly

Record Breaker
Why did More Towers and Marinaro choose this for their short? It's cheesy background music, absolutely nothing more...

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
James and Cipres just finished. That ending move is awesome. Sitting near an area where skaters come to get a quick glimpse of the action. Just got a great photo of Yura Matsuda and Wakaba Higuchi. Then Starr Andrews was there.

The timing and strength required for pairs never cease to amaze me. Up close, it is mind boggling.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Why are they playing a song with the lyrics 'all I want to do is keep on crashing into you' over again during a pairs warm up event....:palmf:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Ladies warming up now. Evgenia is 4th to run-through, Elizaveta 6th in this group

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
can someone do reports on here? :pray:

Well, I am awful at PBP, but Evgenia landed all jumps, the triple in the 3-2-2 looked maybe slightly < (but I really find it hard to tell), no falls. She took a long pause near the middle. I enjoyed the step sequence a lot. I also liked her practice outfit - black with cut-outs, short skirt, sheer black tights. Hair in low loose ponytail/plait combo.

Edit: she did the long

Danny T

Medalist
My stream's a bit choppy due to the VPN, but caught somewhat of Medvedeva's free. Didn't run through everything, but did land everything she attempted. 3Lz-2T-2T, 3F, 2A (x2), 3F-3T, 3S-3T, 3Lo. No obvious problems with spin that I saw, not great or anything but just as normal. More facial expressions than ACI.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Appreciate the reports, even if from the stream only, as I'm at work and can't watch...

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Elizaveta:

She did the free.

I think I missed it but 3A with spin out landing(?) if I saw it right.

Nice triple jumps, some arms above head.

A bit low energy in the middle, but that might be the choreo.

Nice spread eagle

Picks up speed and energy, more landed triples

She stops

Good spin, centred, picks up speed on the second position

Danny T

Medalist
Argh, I wanted to watch Tuktuk's free :furious:

From what I caught: 3Lz-3T (both helicopter - pls it's so ugly your glorious lutz deserved better than this!!), 3Lo, 3S, 2A2T2Lo. Did anyone catch if she got the 3A?

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Argh, I wanted to watch Tuktuk's free :furious:

From what I caught: 3Lz-3T (both helicopter - pls it's so ugly your glorious lutz deserved better than this!!), 3Lo, 3S, 2A2T2Lo. Did anyone catch if she got the 3A?

Yes, she did but again could not control the landing and made an extra rotation. Otherwise looked good :thumbsup: