Quad and Triple Axel Battle Ahead for Ladies in Stockholm | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Quad and Triple Axel Battle Ahead for Ladies in Stockholm

Fluture

Record Breaker
My two favorite skaters didn‘t make it, which I‘m still not really over lol but I am looking forward especially to Sasha Trusova, Rika Kihira, Haein Lee, Satoko Miyahara, Ekaterina Kurakova and Olga Mikutina. Go, girls!! :cheer:

In terms of placements, I think the top three is very likely to consist of the quad/3A jumpers unless they make serious mistakes. I‘m tired of being realistic all the time so I just put Sasha as the winner in the predictions game. My doom and gloom predictions all came true, so I might as well be right about something positive for once, right. Right?! :laugh:

Liza Tuktamysheva, Bradie Tennell and Kaori Sakamto, imo, are most likely to make up the rest of the top 6, though I hope for either Yelim or Haein to sneak in there. The Korean ladies really need three spots. :(

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
The 3 Russian ladies have all competed 5 times this season which would give the writer more events and material to work with compared to Rika and Satoko competing once.
I read the piece and the lack of competition is not the reason for the vagueness.
Of course they overlook Kaori.... 😠 not even a top 6 contender? I was looking forward to seeing what they would write about her. This only makes me root for her even more.
Here you go:

Recovering from a rough last season, Sakamoto comes to Stockholm armed with newfound confidence and programs choreographed by Benoit Richaud. The 2019 Japanese Champion has put on consistently strong performances all season, culminating in a dominating win at NHK Trophy. Although she hasn’t attempted any Quad Toes, she’s added a 3Lz to her technical arsenal and improved her spins, to include a new position in the layback. The 2018 Four Continents Champion may very well be a dark horse at Worlds with her exciting free skate to the Matrix soundtrack, powerful jumps, and distinct speed across the ice.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Love it! 👍👍 Those last two write ups have energized me for World’s. I can’t wait to watch what will happen!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I want the first worlds podium with only ultra C skaters. Sorry for girls with usual 7 triples programs.
Line-up from last year was more exciting but this isn't too bad either.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I have more!

Yelim Kim loves to lovingly send her competitors into permanent, dreamless sleep.

Karen Chen's study of Pipevine Swallowtails' mating habits isn't just for research.

Loena Hendrickx's LP causes a fever, literally. Makes you wonder how and why.

Alexia Paganini's flamenco has gained her the following of several aggressive flamingos. Better not cross her.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read the piece and the lack of competition is not the reason for the vagueness.

Here you go:

Recovering from a rough last season, Sakamoto comes to Stockholm armed with newfound confidence and programs choreographed by Benoit Richaud. The 2019 Japanese Champion has put on consistently strong performances all season, culminating in a dominating win at NHK Trophy. Although she hasn’t attempted any Quad Toes, she’s added a 3Lz to her technical arsenal and improved her spins, to include a new position in the layback. The 2018 Four Continents Champion may very well be a dark horse at Worlds with her exciting free skate to the Matrix soundtrack, powerful jumps, and distinct speed across the ice.
Brilliant! :rock:
Perhaps you might be interested in writing future previews and articles. We are always open for fresh talent! Just send me a PM :)

Gabby30

On the Ice
How on earth is Satoko considered a top 6 contender ahead of Kaori??? Like I know we haven’t seen a lot of Satoko this season but what we’ve seen of Kaori is significantly stronger than anything Satoko has done this season or last and Kaori beat Satoko by a significant margin at Nationals.
Looking back at what happened at worlds 2018 - it could even happen that Kaori wins the thing 🙃