Questionaire about next JGP season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Questionaire about next JGP season

icetug

Medalist
I cheer for Pulkinen on men, even without quads, but between Gogolev, Phan and Orzel ( less chances ) this can be the junior season of canadians.

Thanks to Joseph Canada have 2 entries in 7 events at JGP, so even 9 Canadians can compete next season. I really hope Conrad benefits from his new training environment, Jo and Stephen are great just now - what let me expect the Canadian season as well :) Though I have a soft spot also for Camden and believe the results of his work with Stephane can be stunning.

Country
Russia
But she will lose points due to Zagitova's rule.
Or she will get extra points because of this rule.
Girls without quads and 3A will get extra points if jump something about 2A, 2A, 2Lz, 3F and in second half 3Lz+3Lo 3Lz+3T 3F+1Lo+3S.

hanca

Record Breaker
Or she will get extra points because of this rule.
Girls without quads and 3A will get extra points if jump something about 2A, 2A, 2Lz, 3F and in second half 3Lz+3Lo 3Lz+3T 3F+1Lo+3S.
Which would be a risky strategy because if the combinations are all your last elements, you have no chance whatsoever to make it up if one of the landings is dodgy and you decide not to go for the combination, e.g. Zagitova at the olympics and Lipnitskaya the FS at the europeans she won.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Which would be a risky strategy because if the combinations are all your last elements
The better ones don't need to take this risk, they can lose a medal missing a combo. But, i think is something that may be interesting for the others, trying to reduce the gap with the medal contenders.

We'll sure see someone do it.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Anna making history with the first 4Lutz and Anna becoming the junior world champion with an actual world record score beyond even the seniors would be a dream season.

Omg yes [emoji33] I was literally thinking of that yesterday, imagine Anna sitting in the Kiss and Cry at Jr Worlds receiving a total score of over the 240 mark and breaking world record scores (and the internet [emoji23]) *my dream Jr season* [emoji33][emoji33][emoji1373][emoji1373]🥇🥇

Country
Russia
Which would be a risky strategy because if the combinations are all your last elements, you have no chance whatsoever to make it up if one of the landings is dodgy and you decide not to go for the combination, e.g. Zagitova at the olympics and Lipnitskaya the FS at the europeans she won.

Yes, risky.
But Trusova, Zagitova, Scherbakova, Panenkova, Tarakanova, Kostornaia, Kanysheva, and even born at 2007 Akatieva and Samodelkina (Samodelkina has 3Lz+3Lo already) - some of these girls will try this content. Trusova for sure (changing one or two start jumps to quads). And Medvedeva probably will jump three combos as last jumping elements, she wants to return leadership.
Higuchi, Mihara, Yamashita also may try to do it, and maybe Sakamoto, Miyahara, Tennell.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I sincerely doubt this. No one wants to end up like Zagitova at worlds but without a chance to make it up. Even Trusova at JWC added a combo later on. Maybe one or two will try it, but definitely not all those skaters you mentioned.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes, risky.
But Trusova, Zagitova, Scherbakova, Panenkova, Tarakanova, Kostornaia, Kanysheva, and even born at 2007 Akatieva and Samodelkina (Samodelkina has 3Lz+3Lo already) - some of these girls will try this content. Trusova for sure (changing one or two start jumps to quads). And Medvedeva probably will jump three combos as last jumping elements, she wants to return leadership.
Higuchi, Mihara, Yamashita also may try to do it, and maybe Sakamoto, Miyahara, Tennell.
I disagree. There is no need for Trusova to try it. Everyone can do only seven triples, or if they have a triple axel then eight triples. If Trusova does one or two quads, even if their GOE was very low and the value she gets for them would be closer to a triple jump, as long as she also jumps the same amount of triples as everyone else (the full allowed amount), it still would be her having a huge advantage pointwise than those who would be doing only doubles when they run out of their allowed triples. So that means that she has no reason to put combinations at the end of the program, risking that she may lose combination if she has one dodgy landing and therefore lose a value of the whole triple that she didn’t jump.

Country
Russia
I disagree.
Let us wait about two months.
We will see results of two JGP Events and what content will have a lot of pre-Junior and Junior girls at Open Moscow Junior Championships (3-6 Sep 2018).

There is no need for Trusova to try it.
Trusova is excellend jumper. She can do it and she wants to have as complicated content as possible.
She did not need two quads to win JrWorlds, one was enough for sure. But she landed two and got TES seven points higher than winner in Junior Men.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Russian girls pretending to JGP Events.

All girls who are in National Team, age eligible and have not GP Events, in order of Season best at national competitions (bonuses substracted).

Legend: No, Name, N - SB in national competitions, I - SB in international competitions, (part of national team - Junior, Junior Substitute, Boys Girls, Boys Girls Substitute, Boys Girls Younger part)
1 Trusova N 212.09 I 225.52 (Junior)
2 Kostornaia N 211.51 I 207.39 (Junior)
3 Shcherbakova N 206.85 I - (Boys,Girls Substitute)
4 Gubanova N 205.92 I 188.30 (Junior)
5 Sinitsina N 201.36 I - (Boys,Girls Substitute)
6 Kostyuk N 199.67 I - (Junior Substitute)
7 Vasilieva N 198.90 I 169.44 (Junior)
8 Chistyakova N 198.67 I - (Boys,Girls Substitute)
9 Tarakanova N 198.32 I 199.64 (Boys,Girls)
10 Kanysheva N 195.12 I - (Boys,Girls)
11 Tarusina N 193.84 I 187.84 (Boys,Girls)
12 Gulyakova N 191.87 I 181.43 (Junior Substitute)
13 Moroz N 182.02 I - (Boys,Girls younger part)

Also may pretend: (Senior means score of Senior competitions, score of Junior competitions would we lower)
Senior Substitute
14 Sakhanovich N 197.44(Senior) I 189.75(Senior)
Junior Substitute
15 Mikhailova N 186.51(Senior) I 185.09(Senior)

Last edited:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
This just shows me that Tarakanova has no love from the Fed :(
What about the etaps, though? If they count, then Tarakanova's national best is 207.02, putting her between Kostornaya and Shcherbakova

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Tarakanova would be at 203.02, behind Shcherbakova and Gubanova in that case.

Country
Russia
Tarakanova is not stable enough.
Btw Vasilieva is at Junior group of National Team, Tarakanova (medalist of JGP Final) - at lower "Boys,Girls" group (while Vasilieva also was not too stable).

Tarakanova would be at 203.02, behind Shcherbakova and Gubanova in that case.
On result of Russian Cup Event. I used results of most important competitions - JrNats, Final of Russian Cup, Nats Elder and Younger Age, Spartakiad.

Anyway, at early August will be test skate, very important for spots of JGP Events.
And 3-6 Sep will be Open Moscow Junior Championships, result of which is significant too.

Last edited:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
But national team ranking isn't the end all be all, is it? Vasilieva clearly has worse OVERALL results this season than Tarakanova, so I'm not sure why she's above her in the team.

Country
Russia
Junior Team - 5 of places 1 to 6 of JrNats (except Konstantinova, who got spot in Senior Team) and Samodurova, she missed JrNats because of injury. Why is there Samodurova with one result of internationals (1st place of JGP Event) and no results of home competitions - I don't know. Maybe because she practices in StPetersburg, five others are from Moscow (Gubanova moved to Moscow, CSKA sports club).

Tarakanova (7th place at JrNats) - no free spots in Junior team for her.

Last edited: