Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Race to the 2019-20 ISU championships minimum TES

Nirti

Medalist
Thank you, ladyjane! :)

After the 4 Continents, the Bavarian Open, the Nordics and the Egna Trophy, some new tickets to ISU championships have been earned.
It was the last occasion to qualify to Junior Worlds and I would like to put a special focus on 3 skaters who got their last-minute ticket:
- Aldis Kara Bergsdottir is the first icelandic girl ever to have the opportunity to go to Junior Worlds. Even if Iceland is partly covered with ice, the country was until now very discreet in the figure skating scene.
- Greta & John Crafoord are a swedish pair who seemed to have been struggling with injuries during the last seasons. They didn't compete last year, missed the junior grand prix this fall... And Greta will age out of junior in some months. So it was only one occasion to qualify for their first Junior Worlds. And they did it. Congratulations!
Let's not forget the other skaters who earned TES for JW : Berkovich (ISR), Honda (JPN), Van Ommeren (NED), Egyptson (SWE), Sjoberg & Slavicek (USA). Knorr (GER), De Nadai (ITA), Gomez (NOR) and Ermakova/Krylov (RUS) all reached the FS/D TES only.

It means we could see up to 40 men at Junior Worlds (even if I'm not sure about Litvintsev, who didn't compete at junior level this season. I assume Pavlovs (LAT) retired).
We could see 50 (!) girls there, 19 pairs and 33 dance teams (with some "?" on the slovak pair who didn't compete since september and the 2nd georgian dance teams - one of them appeared on IcePartnerSearch).

Now the Worlds... We have some new eligible skaters : Williams (BRA), Roy/Pietrantonio (ITA), Sato S (JPN), Johansson (SWE), Todeschini (SUI).
Hess (GER), Kishina (JPN), Herbrikova/Roulet (SUI) got the SP TES only, while Isaev (GER) and Lang (HUN) got the FS one.

And finally, if the TES stay the same next year, Mironova/Ustenko (RUS) are eligible to Euros, while Ichilov/Abecassis (ISR) got the RD TES.

Another chance to qualify for Senior Worlds next weekend in Sofia, Tallinn and Miskolc. Especially many ladies are scheduled to skate their with the goal of reaching more than 30 technical points during the SP and more than 51 technical points during the FS. Good luck for everyone!

Andrea82

Medalist
Another chance to qualify for Senior Worlds next weekend in Sofia, Tallinn and Miskolc. Especially many ladies are scheduled to skate their with the goal of reaching more than 30 technical points during the SP and more than 51 technical points during the FS. Good luck for everyone!

Miskolc is the last chance for ice dancers, I think.

Nirti

Medalist
Indeed, no ice dance scheduled the week after. The bulgarian, israeli and latvian will try to get their spot to Worlds. 32 teams are already qualified, 5 more than last year :)

Little update with the 4 Continent's results that I forgot to add: Fukase/Cho (JPN) are now eligible to Worlds, while Zhu (CHN) got the SP TES only.

markovai

Rinkside
Indeed, no ice dance scheduled the week after. The bulgarian, israeli and latvian will try to get their spot to Worlds. 32 teams are already qualified, 5 more than last year :)

Little update with the 4 Continent's results that I forgot to add: Fukase/Cho (JPN) are now eligible to Worlds, while Zhu (CHN) got the SP TES only.

Is there another chance for ice dance teams to get the points for Worlds or not?

DenissVFan

Medalist
So Donovan is 0.2 points short of the FS minimum? Wow. He as Dasa are really close to it but not quite there :(

Nirti

Medalist
Indeed, that was harsh for Donovan, and I've not seen him listed for any competition in the next two weeks...

Is there another chance for ice dance teams to get the points for Worlds or not?

No, only the Jegvirag Cup this weekend. Zdravkova/Davis only need to get 33 technical points in their RD; Ippolito/Jones and Ichilov/Abecassis need both segments.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Dasha is also scheduled to participate at Challenge Cup next week. I presume she won't if she gets those TES points at Sofia Trophy. But she can have another go at it (although the competitions are very close to each other) if not.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Donovan is now listed at Challenge Cup!

I am so looking forward to seeing Donovan skate live. And I'll be rooting for him to get those d...n TES minimums, because it would be so great to have him compete at Worlds again.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Oona Ounasvuori got 33.14 SP TES at Tallinn. She is not going to compete any more this season, so she will not get the FS. But good start for next season and for sure she has gotten confidence, because she had some good competitions at national level as well. So Probably this will be Finnish team at worlds: Emmi Peltonen will get the spot and Jenni Saarinen and Vera Stolt will be the subsittutes. Linnea Ceder is probably injured, because she had written at her instagram in Finnish, that season was great but it ended too early. Sofia Sula seems not to compete any more this season neither, so probably she is injured as well. I really do not care who will go to worlds, because none of the competitive Finns at the moment have possibility to get in top1 0. It is a good achievement if the one whoever will go there, could make it to the free.

Andrea82

Medalist
Everybody was good, or the panel was very generous, or both at Jegvirag Cup: all the three ice dance teams entered (Zdravkova/Davis, Ippolito/Jones, Ichilov/Abecassis) achieved the minimums for World Championships

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Everybody was good, or the panel was very generous, or both at Jegvirag Cup: all the three ice dance teams entered (Zdravkova/Davis, Ippolito/Jones, Ichilov/Abecassis) achieved the minimums for World Championships

So potentially 34 dance teams at Worlds this season, I think? In comparison to 27 from last year.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Interesting that it seems like they aren't planning to send Bausback to Sofia Trophy to get that short TES. I thnk she's capable, and she's one of the best they have to fill the two spots if not for Schumacher and Pineault. I guess her season is over now

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Interesting that it seems like they aren't planning to send Bausback to Sofia Trophy to get that short TES. I thnk she's capable, and she's one of the best they have to fill the two spots if not for Schumacher and Pineault. I guess her season is over now

She's going to Challenge Cup.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Well done Z/D! They’ve been working so hard!