Risport electra light or royal pro? | Golden Skate

Risport electra light or royal pro?

carolyn19

Spectator
I don't have any fitter nearby but I am getting a discount on some royal pros or I can pay full price for the electra light. I once tried on a friend new electra lught in my size and it fit perfectly. Maybe the tinest sliver of extra space In the front (but one size down was way too small).

My issue is I don't like achilles pressure, the jackson debuts have that and it hurts. I have also tried on the jackson freestyle ad there is ZERO arch support. Oddly the jackson artistes are ok but only after getting it majorly punched out and stretched (I used a clamp and shoe stretcher form amazon cuz I'm not near any pro shop ad don't have time to drive)

Is the topline of the royal pro similar to electra lught in that it comes up higher? Past the pain point of the achilles tendons when u point ur toes in skates? I have wide feet and high arches.

Problem is, I don't have any fitter nearby and honestly I don't want to drive hours to get to one. I'd rather take the chance and order online. The last fitter I went to told me to get the electra light in my size but I can get the royal pro at a huge discount but I've never tried that model on.

I know I'm trying to cheat it by not driving to a fitter but I'm trying to maximize with what I have resource wise.
I also have mk pro blades ready to go in my size as well.

That being said, is the topline area of the royal pro similar to electra light which fits awesome? Is the last similar? I'd suppose it's smaller bc its a more competitive model? I'm 5 feet and 100 lbs btw. Basic 6.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Well, you know how we all feel about making the trip to the fitter; mine is five hour drive away but it's well worth the time and fuel cost. If you're determined not to make the trip, then go with the Electras. Royal Pros have the risk of not fitting are are also too stiff for you at the moment, so will most likely hinder your progress. Badly fitting and/or the wrong level of equipment is not worth the money "saved".

carolyn19

Spectator
Well, you know how we all feel about making the trip to the fitter; mine is five hour drive away but it's well worth the time and fuel cost. If you're determined not to make the trip, then go with the Electras. Royal Pros have the risk of not fitting are are also too stiff for you at the moment, so will most likely hinder your progress. Badly fitting and/or the wrong level of equipment is not worth the money "saved".
If the electras fit like a glove, does that mean that an rf3 pro in c width in the same exact size will also fit glove-like? Level 6 basics skater. Yes it's pathetic. But I do this for fun and cant get to fitter without driving hours.

Also, I am also interested in getting risport for ice and quad roller blade skating! If I get a rf3 pro, and mount synder quad wheels (2 on each side lol, that one), does this mean that when I get tired of quad skating this summer I can mount it for blades for ice? I just want to use them for quads for half a year and then ice skating for half a year and I'm sure they will wear out and break down by then.

carolyn19

Spectator
If the electras fit like a glove, does that mean that an rf3 pro in c width in the same exact size will also fit glove-like? Level 6 basics skater. Yes it's pathetic. But I do this for fun and cant get to fitter without driving hours.

Also, I am also interested in getting risport for ice and quad roller blade skating! If I get a rf3 pro, and mount synder quad wheels (2 on each side lol, that one), does this mean that when I get tired of quad skating this summer I can mount it for blades for ice? I just want to use them for quads for half a year and then ice skating for half a year and I'm sure they will wear out and break down by then.
With such a thin sole I wonder if that is doable? Centered right down the middle

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
No level of skating is "pathetic". It's not the easiest of sports and to even try takes some bravery!

Sadly, there's no guarantee that either the RF3 Pro or Royal Pro will fit like a glove. Or even that another pair of Electras will, although that's more likely. Boots are all made by human beings and each one will differ slightly. I've tried two pairs of exactly the same boot model and size and felt a difference.

I don't know how far it is to your fitter, but going to mine involves a 5 hour drive in both directions and an overnight stay. I'm an ex-pro and know a lot about boots, fitting and blades but I still go to the fitter every time now as I've wasted so much time and money by trying to do it myself in the past. And there was a lot of pain involved, too!

I've switched blades on Risport boots (Royal Pros) before now, and also wheels, although not quads. It is often necessary to have the screw holes properly filled to be safe. I would also point out that it's more usual to move from blades to quad wheels than the other way around; less support is required with quads as they are a lot more stable to balance on than thin blades.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
If the electras fit like a glove, does that mean that an rf3 pro in c width in the same exact size will also fit glove-like?
You ask such question to skaters online who don't see you in person, are not fitters who will analyze your feet shape, measurement, walking/stance/gait in person.

there are not 2 people with the 100% exact feet (even in the same person, the left foot is quite often not exactly the same as the right foot), and even if the feet are similar, these feet are connected to legs who belong to different people with different physical characteristics.

Therefore this is an impossible to answer question online.
The only way you will get an accurate answer to this question is to personally commute to a trusted professional fitter who will do his job analyzing you, and then offering recommended skates that might fit like a glove.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

No to all. Especially trying to mount boot to ice blades after quads. Also, go travel to see the pro fitter. Don't mount them yourself or let just anyone do it.

Last edited:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada

Don't try switching from quads to blades on the same boots, and especially not back and forth more than once, unless you really like the idea of skating on boots with slices of Swiss cheese for soles. Even filled in, the integrity of the soles will be lost.

I have been skating in Risport RF1 boots that are starting to break down, and I'm contemplating either replacing them or going with Riedell 210 Fusions. Just this year I took up roller dance as well, and bought Risport Dance boots and quad wheels for that. Both Risports are the same size, 230 in the narrowest width. Even if I were to decide to drop roller dance and take up ice dance as well as pairs, I would then buy a new pair of Risport Dance boots and not try to put blades on my roller boots. The stresses on the soles, from side to side rocking on edges/side wheels or from the force of landing jumps, are in different locations, and I'd be afraid the soles would be weakened all over. (I'm not a technician so I may be wrong, but I think I wouldn't trust the soles even if I were assured they could take the beating.)