Roman Sadovsky | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Roman will not be competing at Golden Spin due to weather related travel delays. I swear, he has the worst luck. :( Nationals should be his next competition, as long as something like this doesn't happen again for the third time...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
It is supposed that he had a stop in Munich, which is currently closed because of a snow storm followed by freezing rain.
If that's not an awful series of bad luck!
Hold on, Roman!

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Well that short program could have gone better but at least he showed up. 68.29 in the short, will update his on placement after the rest skate

edit: he's in 7th

Last edited:

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
From goldenskate's twitter: 'Olympian Roman Sadovsky skated a beautifully-choreographed short program set to ā€œUnconsciousā€ by Charlie Winston but struggled on the opening combination, landing only a triple lutz and then managed only a double salchow-double toe loop combination. A stumble on the triple axel sealed his score of 68.29 and seventh place finish. The 2020 national champion thinks he ā€œoverthoughtā€ the opening combination. Says he certainly felt the enthusiasm and pop of the sparse audience when he was announced and feels his fansā€™ desire for him to succeed as motivation and not pressure.'

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Roman finished fourth in the free and sixth overall. He got the highest PCS of the night and showed some good fight, he did all his combos in the first three jumping passes this time which may be a good strategy going forward? It didn't quite work out here, he popped and fell, but maybe if he'd had an actual first half of the season to practice this layout in competition it could have worked.

Here's links to his short and free:

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
We finally have news that Kamila Valieva has been banned for four years starting from her positive test, so her Euros and Olympic results are invalidated. They moved everyone below her up a place for Euros, but for the Olympic team event, instead of disqualifying Valieva and moving everyone below her up a place and adjusting the points accordingly, or just disqualifying the entire Russian team, they disqualified Valieva but didn't move everyone below her up a place and didn't readjust the points, meaning team Russia now has bronze. This is completely unfair to team Canada, who would be in 3rd if they'd readjusted the points fairly or disqualifed the entire Russian team, and it sounds like Skate Canada is planning to appeal this decision. Fingers crossed Roman gets the Olympic bronze medal he deserves.

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Roman did well in the short program at 4cc with a 4s, 3lz2t, and 2a. Lower tech content than usual, I think the axel was intentional but I think he wanted a 3t on the combo. He got 72.44, I'll update with his placement after the rest skate. I enjoyed it, this program has really interesting choreo and he does a great job performing it. I hope he keeps it for next season, it's not like we've been able to see it a lot, haha

update: he's in 11th place

Last edited:

snowyowls

On the Ice
Country
Canada
The free skate went pretty well! Some rough landings and he fell on the second 4s but that was the best I've seen him skate in a while. I think getting the combos out of the way in the beginning is a good strategy for now. 145.39 in the free and 217.83 total, will update with his placement later.

edit: Roman finished in 10th and Wesley in 7th, assuming that'll be the worlds team. Not bad for a season that started with an injury then luck so bad he couldn't make it to any competitions til nationals!

Last edited: