Russian Junior Nationals 2017 General Info

luckyguy

Match Penalty

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
no lord Samarin :bed:

bough my tickets anyway:yay:

But tickets are good for the whole day. In fact we are taking Sapsan, then go to a hotel, have a late lunch/early dinner and then go to the stadium. So we will likely hit the last group of pairs short and girls free. Without lord Samarin boys are not that interesting.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think the men's lineup looks amazing even without "Lord" Samarin (is anyone going to bother explaining what that is about or am I to assume it's ironic?). Dima is the obvious favorite, but there are several boys who can fight for medals - Savosin, Erokhov, Petrov and not to mention all the younger talents like Gumennik, Skirda, Kutovoi, Kovalev, etc.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
no lord Samarin, but I guess he will be allowed to participate in Junior worlds... or not?:confused2:
and no MiMi... I suppose these two are over
It had been pretty clear that Samarin would withdraw, this competition is too soon after Euros. Most likely he'll be sent to Junior Worlds anyway.
I am more interested in why Artur Daniyelyan is out (that boy from Rostelecom Cup Gala).

The official story with MiMi is that they have withdrawn due to Vlad's knee injury (he has had it for a while), but I don't know.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I think the men's lineup looks amazing even without "Lord" Samarin (is anyone going to bother explaining what that is about or am I to assume it's ironic?). Dima is the obvious favorite, but there are several boys who can fight for medals - Savosin, Erokhov, Petrov and not to mention all the younger talents like Gumennik, Skirda, Kutovoi, Kovalev, etc.

I agree that the line up is good. But Samarin (lord) vs. Aliev would be the highlight. Now the only question is whether Aliev won't have a meltdown. If no, he is a sure winner, if yes then other guys can step forward.

LRK

Record Breaker

I believe it originated with puremagic, but I recall seeing no explanation for why. As it stands, lumping the poor lad with an epithet like that before he has done much to earn it, does make it look like irony rather than complimentary.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
But tickets are good for the whole day. In fact we are taking Sapsan, then go to a hotel, have a late lunch/early dinner and then go to the stadium. So we will likely hit the last group of pairs short and girls free. Without lord Samarin boys are not that interesting.
I bough for all 3 days:laugh: I wonder if Im gonna turn into the icicle after all:laugh:
& I go with a friend on Sat who isnt interested in FS that much & I wonder if I should suggest her to just go see the ladies:think:
I dont think its very interesting for a newbie to watch juniour pairs...:eek:hwell:
Too bad ladies & men dont go side by side

I agree that the line up is good. But Samarin (lord) vs. Aliev would be the highlight. Now the only question is whether Aliev won't have a meltdown. If no, he is a sure winner, if yes then other guys can step forward.
my highlight will be Gumennik :luv17:
also Vetlugin competing!

btw i wonder if Im allowed to bring water & some energy bars....or the security might take it away

Actually apart of SPb Cup its my 1st FS live event so I have many dumb questions going in my head like is it possible to go outside the stadium & then come back :scratch2::scratch2:

Last edited:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I want Polina Tsurskaya to win! :thumbsup: You go, Polina!

Edit: I rewatched all of her 2016 performances already

Last edited:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
What's the breakdown (dates) for each discipline?
(i.e. when do the girls have their SP?) ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
btw i wonder if Im allowed to bring water & some energy bars....or the security might take it away

In my experience, security will just open your bag and shine a flashlight around the main part, so I always put an energy bar inside my billfold. Having pockets inside your coat helps too ;) And there's usually no re-entry during the ticketed event...but for a junior competition in Russia, maybe they are more lenient :scratch2:

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
What's the breakdown (dates) for each discipline?
(i.e. when do the girls have their SP?) ;)
here
Schedule is up
February, 3:
14:00 - 16:30 Junior Men, SP
16:45 - 17:15 Opening Ceremony
17:30 - 20:00 Junior Girls, SP
20:15 - 22:15 Ice Dance, SD

February, 4:
14:00 - 17:00 Junior Boys, FP
17:15 - 19:00 Pairs, SP
19:15 - 22:00 Junior Girls, FP
22:15 - 22:45 Medal Ceremony

February, 5:
12:00 - 14:15 Ice Dance, FD
14:30 - 16:30 Pairs, FP
16:45 - 17:15 Medal Ceremony

madison

Record Breaker
Are the practice sessions opened for the public? Do you know any available stream for them?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Polina Tsurskaya
3-6. Nasya Gubanova, Dunya Panenkova, Stanislava Konstantiova, Gulaykova
7-8. Sofia Samodurova, Viktoria Vasilieva
9-10. Alisa Fedichkina, Liza Nugumanova

I also forgot to mention Ekaterina Kurakova, Anastasia Tarakanova and Anna Tarusina. Ekaterina looks more mature, Anastasia is more stable than in the last season, where she fell at every competition. And Anna - a victim of bus crush, I hope she has fully recovered and ready to show her best. So, at least 13 of 18 girls are high level. Wonderful field.

Also, honorable mention to Anastasia Mukhortova. Don't know what happened with her since her brilliant skate at 2016 Junior Nationals.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Only two more days left - I am quite excited about the competition! Good that our hotel is close to the venue: just 1 stop by subway. Live report is due as usual - looks like just junior ladies this time.