Sappenfield pulls three teams out of U.S. Nats | Golden Skate

Sappenfield pulls three teams out of U.S. Nats

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Per instagram post:

Sometimes doing the right thing is definitely the hardest! Yesterday we had to make the difficult decision to pull our three senior teams from nationals. It was brought to our attention that we had direct exposure to someone with CoVid. Due to the sensitive timeline and out of respect for the integrity of the bubble, skaters, coaches, and staff...the hard decision to pull our seniors from this event was made. This decision was also so we could follow the appropriate protocols recommended by the our medical team and the CDC for our own safety. We are happy to report that all are safe and healthy 😊👍.

Our hearts go out for our seniors as we truly prepared well and did everything we could to keep everyone safe. Unfortunately, some things are just completely out of our control. We are so proud of all the hard work the skaters and coaches have put in all year!!! This is very disappointing for all of us but we understand that the health and safety of everyone is far more important.

We are thankful for the guidance of USFS medical and for helping us through this decision. We would like to wish all the competitors and coaches a successful and safe competition ❤️.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This is so sad for all three teams, especially for Brynne and Mark, who will miss out the second year in a row on competing at U.S. Nationals.

However, safety first. There's nothing to be done when they probably got exposed to someone who happened to be training at their rink, and later contracted COVID, or in whatever way the contact occurred. It's a crapshoot leaving the house everyday. Wearing a mask, staying distanced and washing hands and praying is all we can do. Also not traveling unnecessarily.

I feel for the athletes and for actors and people in every industry who are suffering economically and emotionally. The town where I live is hard hit with all the entertainment venues shuttered, etc. Even with the vaccine, coming back from this economic calamity is not going to be easy.

Oh well, I hope these teams count their blessings and get back to training hard and focusing on being prepared for next season and coming on strong then. My heart goes out to them.

I really hope Nationals can happen safely. We need some semblance of normalcy to continue. Be safe everyone!

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Did I got right that Sappensquad withdrew 3 senior pairs from competition for the safety reasons while their juniors are still in the game? Or Dalilah didn't have junior teams qualified for the Nationals?