Shoma Uno | Page 680 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I went to Colantotte event but I’m not dead banana. :dance3:
Because I could hear Shoma’s voice but I couldn’t see him very well.
I feel happy of course.
Please check someone’s translation.

Even if you don’t know much about Shoma, you can find out that he is really nice to know that he shakes hands with his fans.
https://twitter.com/bebesho17/status/1125322480254685184?s=21
(Sorry someone has shared before!?)
He said “I’m not friendly like other skaters”.
But nobody thinks so.
I am happy that he really enjoyed PIW fureai time with his fellow skaters like Keiji, Kazuki, and Marin.
Looking at all these photos, reading people's reports -- this stuff all reminds me why I love this guy so much! His whole demeanor as you watch him interact with people is stellar -- kind, friendly, polite, humble, sweet, considerate, unassuming, kakkoii/kawaii, etc. Please never change Shoma! :bow:

I’m curious about next season programs.
He didn’t tell but only some hints!?
Guess what!

He doesn’t want anyone to say anything like “I am your fan.” or “I’m always supporting you.”
He is happy just someone is cheering him.
(It’s difficult for me to tell in English.)

I met a kind woman and she gave me two postcards that she designed.
Kakkoii purple Shoma and kawaii 4CC Shoma.
They are very nice.
Actually all the Shoma fans whom I’ve met before were really nice!:love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I went to Colantotte event but I’m not dead banana. :dance3:
Because I could hear Shoma’s voice but I couldn’t see him very well.
I feel happy of course.
Please check someone’s translation.

Even if you don’t know much about Shoma, you can find out that he is really nice to know that he shakes hands with his fans.
https://twitter.com/bebesho17/status/1125322480254685184?s=21
(Sorry someone has shared before!?)
He said “I’m not friendly like other skaters”.
But nobody thinks so.
I am happy that he really enjoyed PIW fureai time with his fellow skaters like Keiji, Kazuki, and Marin.

I’m curious about next season programs.
He didn’t tell but only some hints!?
Guess what!

He doesn’t want anyone to say anything like “I am your fan.” or “I’m always supporting you.”
He is happy just someone is cheering him.
(It’s difficult for me to tell in English.)

They are very nice.

Glad you got to see Shoma and the Talk. thanks for your report. I would "like" your post also but
the like feature is not working for me. Not sure if it a GS problem or what.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Like feature is all down, but if it were up, i’d Be liking everything from today, though that hint about ‘you’ll get it’ about music... Mmgh? Hmm? :unsure:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are very nice.

Thank you so much for your report jerrymouse. Colantotte sounds like it was a lot of fun. I think the way they organize it seems really good. The audience seemed to really be appreciating him! We didn't hear that anyone fainted at the event or had to be taken to the dead banana cemetery :dbana:, so we will assume you are ok. Your postcards sound really wonderful. Shoma fans love to share their Shomerchandise! It is making all of us crazy that they are being as mysterious as always -- both about his training and his programs. He usually doesn't say his programs so early.

FYI for everybody -- It is not possible to like anything right now. There is an announcement about it. https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...er-Available&p=2395941&viewfull=1#post2395941 I was laughing when I went to bed and my account had over 19,000 thumbs up. When I woke up this morning, I was at zero.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am slowly watching back the isu records, and got to GPF 2016-2017. Uno is sporting an intensely purple set, and I really loved the whole final skate flight.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We've often wondered what happens to all those beautiful flowers Sho receives. Now we know he does take some of them home. And the Royal Brother gets gifts too!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxPd-LXHA3k/

https://twitter.com/jumokuno0108/status/1126456982485864449?s=20

I wonder if the Pikachu movie will be released in Japan tomorrow too and if Itsuki will wear the costume and go to the movie!!! That I would love to see.

What I love about these guys -- they probably received Diesel t-shirts, designer this and that, but they chose to hold up homemade medals! So cool! I've read that Japanese fans have been known to give Apple watches and other very pricey things. Surely the Uno family needs to add several rooms to their house/ apartment.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Cute photo! Missing Shoma! I am spoiled after all the content we had from PIW. I wonder if those $500 sneakers he recently wore at the C talk were a gift? Do they really cost that much?

demarinis5

Record Breaker

sheetz

Record Breaker
On twitter there's a lot of buzz regarding remarks Shoma made in the Colantotte interview where he discusses his summer training camp. He says his current training situation in Japan is tough because he doesn't have high level training mates, so he's excited about the training camp because there will be skaters at his level there.

The camp is located overseas and will begin around mid to late June, and after a month he will head back to Japan for The Ice before returning to that overseas training location for the rest of the summer. As there are only a few rinks in the world where there are skaters of his caliber many people believe he may be spending the summer with Raf. And it does sound like the scheduling would work with so many of Raf's skaters also participating in The Ice.

skatefan22

Medalist
On twitter there's a lot of buzz regarding remarks Shoma made in the Colantotte interview where he discusses his summer training camp. He says his current training situation in Japan is tough because he doesn't have high level training mates, so he's excited about the training camp because there will be skaters at his level there.

The camp is located overseas and will begin around mid to late June, and after a month he will head back to Japan for The Ice before returning to that overseas training location for the rest of the summer. As there are only a few rinks in the world where there are skaters of his caliber many people believe he may be spending the summer with Raf. And it does sound like the scheduling would work with so many of Raf's skaters also participating in The Ice.

That's great! I only know Nathan from Raf's team, but is Nathan training there during the summer? Any other top skaters in Raf's rink? :biggrin:

sheetz

Record Breaker
That's great! I only know Nathan from Raf's team, but is Nathan training there during the summer? Any other top skaters in Raf's rink? :biggrin:

Yes, Nathan arrived back in California on Wednesday. Other top skaters with Raf are Brezina, Marin, and Mariah Bell. Maybe Eunsoo Lim if she's still with him. Stephen Gogolev is also rumored to have switched to him.

skatefan22

Medalist
Yes, Nathan arrived back in California on Wednesday. Other top skaters with Raf are Brezina, Marin, and Mariah Bell. Maybe Eunsoo Lim if she's still with him. Stephen Gogolev is also rumored to have switched to him.

Thanks for the info. Nathan, Brezina, and Stephen will make a great competitive companion if Shoma go there. I sort of remember some pages back, it is speculated that Shoma might go to Brian's camp and sure Brian has brilliant skaters as well. Getting excited to see where Shoma eventually go. In principle, he cannot go wrong with either of those locations.:yahoo:

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Yes, I see the interview wasn’t posted here. Some really interesting parts, feimeicheng translated some bits but I pray that someone fully translates it. I want to know what he said about how his future plans for his skating career changed after Worlds, I didn’t quite get what he said.
https://www.tvguide.or.jp/feature/kissandcry/20190510/01.html

It’s true there aren’t that many places where he can go where there are skaters of his caliber so Raf is very much a possibility. And I think Shoma and Nathan would get along really well. We’ll see.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A change of scenery is always good. I also wonder if Marin would be there or if she would still be in Japan doing shows. Just thinking it would be great to have another Team Japan person there. The other option might be Colorado, but that rink is known for being pretty crowded. Wherever he's going, I'm all for it. Sure hope the Tree will give us a few updates though, because things were pretty quiet when he was in Montreal. What would make me the most happy would be if Fluffy would go with him. So from now 'til June he has a big chunk of time with no ice shows until June 6 for All That Skate, and then his last All That Skate is June 8 and he doesn't have The Ice until July 27. (AND we'll get to see a new program at The Ice, can't remember if it's an EX or a competitive program). Life is good! So glad he has a plan to challenge himself...If we were betting folks, we would create some kind of a pool / game to guess where he is going! The prize could be an all-event pass to Worlds 2020! :dbana: :jaw: :hap36: :hap57:

Adding -- I agree c3zara, I think Nathan and Shoma would be fine together. Nathan doesn't appear to be the type who would feel threatened or jealous of other skaters!