Skater's best executed Triple/Quad jump(s) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skater's best executed Triple/Quad jump(s)

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
It was - no doubt about it!
Yes, a "beautiful jumps with wrong edge" category could be added.

"beautiful jumps with wrong edge":
Brian's lip
Mao's flutz
Yuzuru's lip/Flip(!)
Adelina's flutz
Michelle's flutz
Yulia's flutz

I agree Gracie's 3Lz is really nice (but i gotta say I am kinda used seeing it into the boards :slink:)
For 3F i would also add Shoma actually. all his jumps are kinda scary but I think the flip is his best jump and I have a MASSIVE soft spot for the axel-half loop-flip combination of his. :love::luv17: I also think that Yuzuru's flip is really nice now too.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
For triple lutz, I would add Julia Sebestyen and Maria Artemieva to the list too.

For triple toe-loop, Alena Leonova needs to be mentioned as well.

For triple axel in men's field, Machida jumped it very well.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Mens

4Lz (is it really fair to make a list for this jump? :laugh2:)

1. Jin Boyang
2. Brandon Mroz
2. Adam Rippon :slink:

4F

1. Dai (my soul thieve :laugh2:)

4Lo (...and this)

1.Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Max Aaron

4S

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez
3.Max Aaron
4. Miki Ando...it was ratified once, right? :rofl:

4T

1. Chiddy
2. Hanyu
3. Denis Ten
4. Plushenko
5. Uno
5. Han Yan
6. Yagudin
7. Boyang

3A

1. Yuzuru
2. Han Yan
3. Plushenko
4. Dai Takahashi
5. Yagudin
6. Takahiko
7. Jeremy
8. Boyang
9. Uno
10 Murakami

This list is no where near complete, but i'm too tired to finish tonight.
hehe

well this is interesting how one can perceive things as of course, we don't all see things the same ;)

thought i'd metion Michael Weiss for 4Lz... not sure where he fits in ;) never ratified but probably closer than Rippon
for 4Lo, at least Kevin Reynolds attempted it in competition... not sure if that counts for anything over those who might do it better but only in practice :rofl:
glad to see patrick at the top of 4T... many people tend to forget how great his 4T (3Lz and 3F as well) rock.... in any case, fun times

mrrice

Record Breaker
Let's jump in the wayback machine for a moment of appreciation for Maria Butyrskaya's 3loop. :)

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You.............:thank: I'm going to add Tonya Harding's Triple Axel as one of the most exciting jumps I've seen in person. Lastly. Ryan Bradley's Quads were very exciting because he is so tall. I've never seen Evan jump live and I know he was tall for a skater but he didn't have a quad. It doesn't really matter but, Ryan Bradley is very good looking....He looks like a model.

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
For triple lutz, I would add Julia Sebestyen and Maria Artemieva to the list too.

For triple toe-loop, Alena Leonova needs to be mentioned as well.

For triple axel in men's field, Machida jumped it very well.

I totally agree on Machida's 3A. Personally, I think most of the top Japanese men are very good with the 3A. I will youtube the ladies you mentioned and check out their jumps. Thanks for your suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You.............:thank: I'm going to add Tonya Harding's Triple Axel as one of the most exciting jumps I've seen in person. Lastly. Ryan Bradley's Quads were very exciting because he is so tall. I've never seen Evan jump live and I know he was tall for a skater but he didn't have a quad. It doesn't really matter but, Ryan Bradley is very good looking....He looks like a model.

Man, you are so lucky to have seen that.

musicfan80

Medalist
solo 4
Joshua

3F
Joshua

As much as I love Joshua's skating, when was the last time (if ever) he has done a clean 4T? I will say that last season at U.S. Nationals and 4CCs, it was impressive, how he was able to improve the landings. I actually wondered if the 4S would be a better option for him. Also - doesn't he get the edge call sometimes on the flip?

-----------------

Here is my list for favorite skater for each jump:

Ladies
3A: Mao Asada
3Lz: Yuna Kim
3F: Carolina Kostner
3Lo: Angela Wang

Men
4T: Yuzuru Hanyu
4S: Timothy Goebel
3A: Joshua Farris
3Lz: Jason Brown
3F: Evengi Plushenko

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I totally agree on Machida's 3A. Personally, I think most of the top Japanese men are very good with the 3A.

Yes, Mura's is really good too.

And it's a bit of a crime that Nobunari Oda wasn't mentioned yet. Landings like butter!! :love:

It's a bit as if the Japanese men stole all the 3A mojo from the Canadian men... :slink:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I would like to add Tatsuki Machida to the list of skaters with excellent quad toes. IIRC, in the CBC commentary in the 2014 Worlds, Kurt said Tatsuki landed 21 of them going into that competition, and that makes Tatsuki as much as an athlete as an artist.

I also think Daisuke Murakami has a natural and easy-looking quad salchow, not as explosive as Max Aaron's, but very nice.

Franklin99

Medalist
Yes, Mura's is really good too.

And it's a bit of a crime that Nobunari Oda wasn't mentioned yet. Landings like butter!! :love:

It's a bit as if the Japanese men stole all the 3A mojo from the Canadian men... :slink:

It is a crime.:sad21: No one, and I mean no one land as soft as he does. That includes some of my faves, like Mao and Shoma.

I'm on my way to the skating rink to attempt to emulate my favorite skaters. Translation...bust my backside repeatedly. :laugh2:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As much as I love Joshua's skating, when was the last time (if ever) he has done a clean 4T? I will say that last season at U.S. Nationals and 4CCs, it was impressive, how he was able to improve the landings.

Here you go - 2012 JGP Lake Placid. Incidentally, this was also the last season where Joshua managed a complete season injury-free (if not illness-free as he had a minor allergic reaction at JGPF that year).

If you watch that program from the start, he opens with a truly gorgeous 3A-3T.

musicfan80

Medalist
Here you go - 2012 JGP Lake Placid. Incidentally, this was also the last season where Joshua managed a complete season injury-free (if not illness-free as he had a minor allergic reaction at JGPF that year).

If you watch that program from the start, he opens with a truly gorgeous 3A-3T.

Thanks - That smile he did after that 4T was wonderful! The 3A-3T was BEAUTIFUL - I think he did a 3A-2T-2Lo in the second half of his LP last season - is it worth that many more points?

He looks to be the same height at that time as he is now (don't many guys keep growing until their late teens?), so it is probably an issue of getting and staying healthy. Here's to hoping he fully recovers and that this concussion is the last thing he has to deal with.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Back to best Triples/Quads - I am surprised no one has mentioned the 4S-3T combos that Timothy Goebel did in both the SP and LP at the 2002 Olympics. They were just GREAT!!!

Timothy Goebel SP - 2002 Olympics
Timothy Goebel LP - 2002 Olympics

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To be old school Viktor Petrenko had an insanely huge 3A, when I saw it on Youtube I couldn't believe it! :jaw:

I'm surprised he never jumped right out the rink!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I have to mention Stolbova/Klimov's 3STh (even if this thread is about single events:laugh:)

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Petrenko's Triple Axel was absolutely amazing! He got such an height!
For the Quad Lutz nobody mentioned Brandon Mroz. He was the first to land it but I don't remember in wich competition.
Alexander Abt's too had a gorgeous triple axel.
And an honorable mention for the quad toeloops: Kevin Van der Perren, that was the first one to land a quad toe-triple toe-triple toe combination in international competitions :clap:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For the Quad Lutz nobody mentioned Brandon Mroz. He was the first to land it but I don't remember in wich competition.

He landed one at the Broadmoor Open in 2011, and the USFS pushed the ISU really hard to ratify it (probably because Plushenko was coming back and Gachinski was riding high, both of them were landing it in training, and the USFS didn't want a Russian to get there first? I don't know). The ISU agreed (which I still don't agree with, it should never have been ratified outside ISU competition), but Mroz sort of made the point moot by landing one at NHK a few months later before anyone else did.

da96103

Record Breaker
He landed one at the Broadmoor Open in 2011, and the USFS pushed the ISU really hard to ratify it (probably because Plushenko was coming back and Gachinski was riding high, both of them were landing it in training, and the USFS didn't want a Russian to get there first? I don't know). The ISU agreed (which I still don't agree with, it should never have been ratified outside ISU competition), but Mroz sort of made the point moot by landing one at NHK a few months later before anyone else did.

That was the only 4Lz that Mroz did in an ISU competition. And he just disappeared.

I wonder why Gachinski and Plushenko never did 4Lz in competition and now both of them are retired. It took another 4 years before Genie Boy did 5 clean ones (The 4Lz in GPF LP was not clean iirc).