Skater's best executed Triple/Quad jump(s) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skater's best executed Triple/Quad jump(s)

Franklin99

Medalist
If you guys know great triple/ quad jumpers, you all are welcome to create your own list. Mines were of the ones that i'm aware of, which is a very small group of skaters. I would love to see lists from other skating fans.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I have to mention Stolbova/Klimov's 3STh (even if this thread is about single events:laugh:)

for pairs I think Tania and Max throw 3L is a thing of beauty as well as 3twist!!!
Sui/Han 3FTh is gorgeous too
just as there sempeis Shen/Zhao throws were AMAZING

Layback11

Record Breaker
If you guys know great triple/ quad jumpers, you all are welcome to create your own list. Mines were of the ones that i'm aware of, which is a very small group of skaters. I would love to see lists from other skating fans.
These will only be from 2010 onward because that's all I know.
Ladies

3A:
-Mao Asada
-Liza Tuktamysheva

3Lz:
-Yuna Kim
-Gracie Gold
-Karen Chen
-Elena Radionova
-Elizaveta Tuktamsheva

3F:
-Mao Asada
-Adelina Sotnikova
-Rika Hongo
-Evgenia Medvedeva
-Yulia Lipnitskaya

3Lo:
-Mao Asada
-Elena Radionova
-Gracie Gold
-Evgenia Medvedeva

3T:
-Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
-Adelina Sotnikova
-Alena Leonova

3S:
-So-Youn Park

Juniors

3Lz:
-Polina Tsurskaya
-Vivian Le
-Wakaba Higuchi

3F:
-Marin Honda

Will come back to this later.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
These will only be from 2010 onward because that's all I know.
Ladies

Here I'll do an old school one for you: Midori Ito for EVERY JUMP

but some runner ups would be Tonya Harding (3Lz and 3F were massive), Tatiana Malinina, Julia Sebestyen (3Lz!!), Irina Slutskaya, Shizuka Arakawa, Yuka Sato was also a great edge jumper, I'm probably forgetting a lot of names but I was a baby in the 90s so I don't remember these things very well lol

mrrice

Record Breaker
When I saw this performance by Angela Wang, I thought She was the greatest Junior skater I had ever seen. There have been a TON of big jumping juniors over the years but, Angela had lovely posture and carriage that was beyond her years. She also beautiful spins and was gorgeously packaged. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BwNmS3dMY

I swear this performance would get on her the podium this year if she skated like she did here.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You.............:thank: I'm going to add Tonya Harding's Triple Axel as one of the most exciting jumps I've seen in person. Lastly. Ryan Bradley's Quads were very exciting because he is so tall. I've never seen Evan jump live and I know he was tall for a skater but he didn't have a quad. It doesn't really matter but, Ryan Bradley is very good looking....He looks like a model.

Wow that was random - I never thought of Ryan as model type - but girls are always say some guy is good looking and I go look and say looks like a normal guy to me then I get a snare. What do I know. When they were on Josee Chouinard and Liz Manley had wonderful lutzes.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

da96103

Record Breaker
Why is stuff like that just not worth it in competition, point-wise... :sad21::sad21::sad21:

That as part of a program would just be so awesome :drama:

The 3A-3A combo would be considered a sequence and thus the BV would only be 80% of the total.

Thus it would be more strategic to jump the 3A's separately in two jump passes.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
The 3A-3A combo would be considered a sequence and thus the BV would only be 80% of the total.

Thus it would be more strategic to jump the 3A's separately in two jump passes.

Yes, and that is exactly why I'm complaining ;)

randomfan

Record Breaker
My list for ladies and their best ones:

3A:
Mao Asada (beautiful, gorgeous) - 2014 Worlds SP and 2015 COC FS
Midori Ito (enormous, lots of power) - pretty much every time
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (not as spectacular as the previous two, but still good) - 2015 WTT FS

3Lz:
Yuna Kim (textbook, lots of flow, phenomenal distance) - I love all of them but 2013 Worlds SP and FS both stand out to me the most
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (also textbook, great height) - 2015 Europeans FS
Gracie Gold (giant, good ice coverage) - I think all of her clean lutzes were good :biggrin:
Carolina Kostner (telegraphs a bit too much, but still beautiful) - 2014 Worlds FS
So Youn Park - pretty underrated IMO (great flow, nice to look at) - 2014 Worlds FS and 2015 Finlandia FS

3F:
Carolina Kostner (just simply gorgeous, lots of speed, textbook) - 2014 Olympics SP and 2014 Worlds SP
Yuna Kim :)love:, awesome take-off, great air position, fast, textbook) - 2009 Worlds SP and 2014 Olympics SP and FS (love the transition at the exit!)
Mao Asada (one of her best jumps, lovely flow) - 2013 GPF SP and 2014 Worlds SP
Zijun Li (lovely leg extension, good air position) - 2013 Worlds FS
Mirai Nagasu (gorgeous throughout) - 2015 NHK SP

3Lo:
Carolina Kostner (gorgeous entrance, good flow throughout) - 2014 Olympics SP and 2014 Worlds SP
So Youn Park - when she lands it, it's good (lots of flow) - 2015 COC FS
Evgenia Medvedeva (nice take-off, beautiful) - 2015 SA SP and 2015 GPF SP
Karen Chen (good height and distance) - 2015 U.S. Nationals SP
Mirai Nagasu (best three-turn take-off, nice air position) - 2011 4CC FS
Mao Asada (one of her money jumps, lovely flow) - 2014 Olympics FS and 2014 Worlds SP

3S:
So Youn Park (lots of height and unbelievable distance, lovely flow) - 2014 SA FS
Joannie Rochette (good transition into the jump, beautiful landing) - 2013 Japan Open FS
Evgenia Medvedeva (good landing) - 2015 GPF FS
Rika Hongo (beautiful tano) - 2015 COC FS

3T:
Joannie Rochette (nice take-off, her money jump because of its quality) - 2013 Japan Open FS
Alena Leonova (enormous height, beautiful landing, nice quality) - 2014 NHK SP
Akiko Suzuki (lovely flow) - 2014 Worlds SP
Kanako Murakami - her best jump (nice speed, great height and distance) - 2015 Worlds SP
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (lots of speed and flow) - 2014 GPF SP
Yulia Lipnitskaya (good quality) - 2014 COC SP

Honourable Mentions:
Anna Pogorilaya's 3Lz
Karen Chen's 3Lz
Ashley Wagner's 3F
Zijun Li's 3Lo

Globetrotter

Medalist
Unless he does the rotation of the second axel the opposite direction to the first.
:shocked:

That is going to be impossible as you land backward on the first jump and the combo axel as the second jump must take off on a forward edge. A more likely scenario but still extremely remote probability is a 3A-3Lz combo with the lutz going in the opposite rotational direction as the axel. Will take someone with tremendous upper body strength to counter the flow out rotation of the axel and go the other way.