Skaters on Team Japan | Page 109 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

mikaboo

Medalist
Do we know why there are no substitutes indicated for Jr Ladies at Worlds ?

Could it be that they don’t have the TES minimum yet at an international competition?
If so, they might get sent to an international competition before JW to make the substitutions list. I'm just guessing though.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Could it be that they don’t have the TES minimum yet at an international competition?
If so, they might get sent to an international competition before JW to make the substitutions list. I'm just guessing though.

Unlikely, Kihira, Nitaya, Yamashita and others all of them have more than enough TES, Probably they haven't decided it yet.

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Unlikely, Kihira, Nitaya, Yamashita and others all of them have more than enough TES, Probably they haven't decided it yet.

Yes, maybe so. Have they ever listed substitutes from skaters who didn’t compete at Sr. Nats before? I don’t know how rigid they are with the rules but I supposed they’d still be able to list Matsuda and Nitaya as subs if not Kihira and Yamashita.

The reason I mentioned TES minimum is because of this part in the criteria. But they might not bother with it for substitutes (meaning Suzuki, Takino, Kasakake).
※  代表候補に選出された選手が当該競技会出場のためのミニマムポイントを持って いなかった場合、ミニマムポイント獲得のために国際大会に派遣する。
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2016/160729_FS_Senkokijun.pdf

ioanna

Record Breaker
Nobunari Oda, Satoko Miyahara, Shoma Uno and Keiji Tanaka will reprise the famous "Love Dance" from the Japanese drama "Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu" at Stars On Ice in January. The choreography will be adjusted by Jeffrey Buttle as they'll turn it into an ice show program. It was Oda's proposal after the video he uploaded on Twitter went viral.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161229-00000002-dal-spo

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Nobunari Oda, Satoko Miyahara, Shoma Uno and Keiji Tanaka will reprise the famous "Love Dance" from the Japanese drama "Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu" at Stars On Ice in January. The choreography will be adjusted by Jeffrey Buttle as they'll turn it into an ice show program. It was Oda's proposal after the video he uploaded on Twitter went viral.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161229-00000002-dal-spo

The original choreographer of the dance is MIKIKO, who works with Perfume and Babymetal, among others.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I know that this has been discussed somewhere on this board but can someone tell me why JSF is sending Shoma and Satoko to 4CC and Asian Winter Games.
I realize that the AWG is in Japan but back to back competitions seems a little rough on these two. It is not like they don't have other good skaters on their Team.

malo42

On the Ice
Oh man all this Koi dance stuff I decided I had to watch the drama myself!

It's been a few days now and the only MoI video I've been able to find is Marin's :( I'm not even really sure who they showed. I don't think they showed Tomono but I've seen the pics from his ex and I'm dying to see it!! I'll admit in the past I've ignored Tomono a bit because his results aren't great and watching him never really excited me too much but he is growing on me, I feel like I could see him being successful in the future like maybe a contender for 2022 if he gets solid on his quads and works on his artistry.

bluelutz

On the Ice
I know that this has been discussed somewhere on this board but can someone tell me why JSF is sending Shoma and Satoko to 4CC and Asian Winter Games.
I realize that the AWG is in Japan but back to back competitions seems a little rough on these two. It is not like they don't have other good skaters on their Team.

Because it is very disrespectable thing to do
if Japan does not send their champion skaters to the AWG that they are hosting.
So it is a very diplomatic reason.
On the other hand, as this year's 4CC will be held at the site of the next Olympic games.
all the top skaters, including Shoma and Satoko, love to experience that before the actual game.
That is why they have to compete in two different places only a few days apart.
One good thing is
these two locations are just few hours away and no time difference
though it is going to be very exhausting events for them,
and there is not much time to recover before the Worlds :eek:hwell:
I certainly hope they are not going to have any injury or burn out
before the most important competition of the year.

In a way, Yuzu was fortunate to be spared from this super tough schedule.

Last edited:

SuzyQ

Medalist
Tatsuya Tsuboi's jumps were so clean :luv17:

And, Sena's 3A! Not perfect but he made it in the Nationals. Great job :agree:

What I was impressed was that the skating of junior skaters, Koshiro, Sena, Mitsuki, and Tatsuya, was pretty good.

I hope someone will upload their performance soon.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Thank you for the links SuzyQ!

Tsuboi!!! He skated his FS so well! And he's adorable!
Praying for Kazuki and Koshiro to skate their best at JW and acquire/keep as many spots as possible for next season. Definitely want to see Tsuboi assigned to a JGP event.
Hope his working on the 3A or a growth spurt (forgot he just turned 14) won't mess up his jumps too much.

Oh Yuto~ His 3Lo was looking so stable at the start of the season.
I have such a soft spot for this boy. I was impressed with his skating from the first time I watched his performances from JGP Spain last season. Hoping he gains more confidence and consistency with his jumps (and works on those spins too). Wouldn't want his gorgeous skating to go to waste.

Hadn't had a chance to comment on the Ladies yet but SO VERY HAPPY Yuna delivered a redeeming FS and was selected for JW.
Also happy for Mai making the podium and being chosen for the WC team.
...And Kanako's FS!!! :yahoo::cry:

Thank you so much pomelowood! Was searching everywhere for this.