Skaters on Team Japan | Page 115 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Using this thread to wish Tanaka-san good luck before tomorrow's SP, as he doesn't have a fanfest of his own. I hope his injury has healed and he skates two programs he can be proud of. :pray: I think after Skate Canada, that third spot is still very much within his reach. Good luck!

surimi

Record Breaker
... aaand, big congrats to Tanaka on his SP. That was a great skate, very soulful. He may be 4th for the judges, but on my imaginary podium, he's got silver. ^ ^ Good luck tomorrow, and please stay healthy! :pray:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very proud of Keiji. He looked so happy in the Kiss and Cry!

blackey

On the Ice
Apparently Sota Yamamoto is able to land triple again. He landed 3t3t, 3s and 2a in short program at west sectional.
Super proud of this kid, one month ago he could only do single. It looks like he's truly coming back now.

surimi

Record Breaker
Apparently Sota Yamamoto is able to land triple again. He landed 3t3t, 3s and 2a in short program at west sectional.
Super proud of this kid, one month ago he could only do single. It looks like he's truly coming back now.

Thanks for the report. Two pieces of good news on Team Japan in one day! *sentimental tear* I'm happy for them both, Keiji and Sota. May their good news streak continue. :pray:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Fantastic news, thank you so much. He is such a fighter!

Also congratulations to Keiji for a great, great skate, also keeping in mind his own injury. Excellent stuff. I don't think I've ever seen a better skate from him, that quad was the best that I can remember.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great job by Keiji! I won't lie I was worried about him. I was not sure that he was ready, well was he ever ready!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Sota has qualified for nationals!!!
Sota Yamamoto FS at Western Sectionals:
3T2T, 2A, 3S2T, 2A, 3S, 3T, 2Lo1Lo2S, 2Lo

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
do you know how many skaters in each category are qualified for nationals??
For example Moa Iwano finished 6th in juniors, is it enough to advance to Jr Nationals?

I think that the top 18 junior ladies have qualified for juniors nationals.
Top 14 Junior men.
Top 12 Senior ladies.

surimi

Record Breaker
Sota has qualified for nationals!!!
Sota Yamamoto FS at Western Sectionals:
3T2T, 2A, 3S2T, 2A, 3S, 3T, 2Lo1Lo2S, 2Lo

Thank you for the report. Good news. Fingers crossed that his recovery goes smoothly and that he doesn't rush things and overtrain. Maybe your info could be re-posted in the Sota fanfest to revive it? ;)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Skaters who have qualified for nationals

Senior ladies
1. Wakaba HIGUCHI (seed)
2. Satoko Miyahara (seed)
3. Mai Mihara (seed)
4. Rika Hongo (bye)
5. Marin Honda (bye)
6. Yuna Shiraiwa (bye)
7. Yuka NAGAI
8. Chinatsu MORI
9. Ibuki SATO
10. Mone KAWANISHI
11. Rika OYA
12. Honoka HIROTANI
13. Kaori SAKAMOTO
14. Rin NITAYA
15. Yura MATSUDA
16. Mariko KIHARA
17. Hinano ISOBE
18. Sui TAKEUCHI
19. Kokoro IWAMOTO
20. Miyu NAKASHIO
21. Hina TAKENO
22. Riona KATO
23. Ayaka HOSODA
24. Misaki MORISHITA

senior Men
1. Yuzuru HANYU (seed)
2. Shoma UNO (seed)
3. Keiji TANAKA (seed)
4. Takahito MURA (seed)
5. Daisuke MURAKAMI
6. Hiroaki SATO
7. Jun SUZUKI
8. Yoji NAKANO
9. Kento KOBAYASHI
10. Hidetsugu KAMATA
11. Kento KAJITA
12. Ryo SAGAMI
13. Tsunehito KARAKAWA
14. Ryuju HINO
15. Kazuki TOMONO
16. Shu NAKAMURA
17. Taichi HONDA
18. Sota YAMAMOTO
19. Sei KAWAHARA
20. Junsuke TOKIKUNI
21. Junya WATANABE
22. Koshin YAMADA
23. Kento SUGINAKA
24. Kosuke NAKANO

Junior ladies
1. Rinka WATANABE
2. Shiika YOSHIOKA
3. Akari MATSUOKA
4. Yuna AOKI
5. Tomoe KAWABATA
6. Natsu SUZUKI
7. Akari MATSUBARA
8. Arisa NAKAMOTO
9. Rika KIHIRA
10. Mako YAMASHITA
11. Riko TAKINO
12. Nana ARAKI
13. Yuhana YOKOI
14. Moa IWANO
15. Rino KASAKAKE
16. Rina YOSHIDA
17. Yukino FUJI
18. Saya SUZUKI
19. Wakana NAGANAWA
20. REi YOSHIMOTO
21. MAria EGAWA
22. Miyu HONDA
23. Midori YOKOYAMA
24. Saki MIYAKE
25. Yuka CHON
26. Serina OKADA

Junior men
1. Koshiro SHIMADA (seed)
2. Mitsuki SUMOTO (seed)
3. Shun SATO
4. Yuma KAGIYAMA
5. Yuki KUNIKATA
6. Kazuki HASEGAWA
7. Shingo NISHIYAMA
8. Yuga FURUSHO
9. Kosho OSHIMA
10. Ryoto MIDORIKAWA
11. Kinari SUGAHARA
12. Minato SHIGA
13. Seiya TSUBOI
14. Taichiro YAMAKUMA
15. Sena MIYAKE
16. Takeru TAKAISE
17. Tatsuya TSUBOI
18. Yuto KISHINA
19. Lucas Tsuyoshi HONDA
20. Kazuki KUSHIDA
21. Keisuke KADOWAKI
22. Haruya SASAKI
23. Ichigo SANTO
24. Keita KUNINAKA
25. Kimichika WADA
26. Nozomu YOSHIOKA

Invitations Junior ladies
1. Hanna YOSHIDA (1st at Novice Nationals)
2. Rika TEJIMA (2nd)
3. Kinayu YOKOI (3rd)
4. Nonoka ISE (4th)

Invitations junior men
1. Kao MIURA (1st at Novice Nationals)
2. Haru KAKIUCHI (2nd)
3. Shunsuke NAKAMURA (3rd)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Seniors list will be completed after junior nationals. I think that is the top six who will be invited at seniors nationals.

cleo2070

Final Flight
Hi everyone!
I just posted in the Sota FF (it's a link to his FS on YouTube), thought I'd let you know!

:ghug: for Team Japan and their fans!

cleo2070

Final Flight
Is there a link for Rika's fs as well? Thank you so much!

The YouTube user only uploaded Sota's program, so far as I can tell... Still, I applied my very best searching skills to the matter and found... one minute about Rika Kihira in a news segment: https://youtu.be/i48SMDUvGJ4?t=112. It's only (well, I say only... but :eek: wow, I almost can't believe my eyes) the jumps (3A-3T and 3A) in real time and in slo-mo and I think the commentators are singing her praises (I only know a little Japanese).
Sorry I couldn't be more help, seems we might have to wait for the next competition for more videos!

ETA:
There are links for Kaori Sakamoto's FS (link), Yuka Nagai's FS (link), Western Sectionals Senior Ladies' Digest (link) and Eastern Sectionals Senior Ladies' Digest (link), all with Japanese commentary, if anyone is interested.

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
The YouTube user only uploaded Sota's program, so far as I can tell... Still, I applied my very best searching skills to the matter and found... one minute about Rika Kihira in a news segment: https://youtu.be/i48SMDUvGJ4?t=112. It's only (well, I say only... but :eek: wow, I almost can't believe my eyes) the jumps (3A-3T and 3A) in real time and in slo-mo and I think the commentators are singing her praises (I only know a little Japanese).
Sorry I couldn't be more help, seems we might have to wait for the next competition for more videos!

ETA:
There are links for Kaori Sakamoto's FS (link), Yuka Nagai's FS (link), Western Sectionals Senior Ladies' Digest (link) and Eastern Sectionals Senior Ladies' Digest (link), all with Japanese commentary, if anyone is interested.

The girl on the talk show is Miyu Honda who said that sister Marin's suitcase broke due to the huge number of Pikachus received.:laugh:

Leonardo

Final Flight

ETA:

Thank you so much :luv17:
Guys, did anyone notice this skater in 0:22??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drkeSWqg5lQ
She's Sui Takeuchi and she did in this video a clean 3lz-3t and an almost clean 3A, weird fall in the way out of the jump. In total she's attempting 8 triples and she seems to have decent technique!!! Watch out, jpn ladies figure skating is getting deeper and deeper. Sui is only 15 and seems to have a lot of talent, as she is also capable of landing 3-3-2 combinations and has all the triples according to the western's sectional protocol.
Riko Takino also tried triple axel in juniors and is also attempting an 8 triple layout.