Skaters with consistently good/bad costumes | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Skaters with consistently good/bad costumes

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I thought Hanyu's costume made my eyes hurt but that was before I got to that vile monstrosity that Weir is wearing.

Everything is on a icy, sliding scale. :biggrin:
Re: Yuzu's costumes
I found myself once again screaming "Noooooo!" at my computer screen...while at the same time reaching for my sketchbook and pencils. Is it crazy? Will it make a good picture? The answer is YES to both. :biggrin:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gosh no! He might have his seamstress combine half of each costume into a red/green nightmare. :eeking:

No! My brain always automatically conjures images!

Pass the brain bleach, please!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
He was thinking that "These folks of GS dare to criticize my beloved costumes?! I will show them more what a fashionista i am".

Oh dear! He has combined all sorts of bad stereotypes that somehow plush fabrics, sparkles, and thrown on as an after fact chiffon flowing from one's arms and the addition of balletic dramatic hand gestures means you are an artist on ice. Shame on Yuzuru. He should know better! This is almost bad enough for the skating gods to take away at least one OGM. Where is the fashion police when you need them!

LOL

noskates

Record Breaker
I think criticizing someone's costumes who only skates in ice shows now is kind of ridiculous.

Yuzu, however, needs a new costumer. I think part of the reason I've never warmed up to the guy is because of the frippery he dons for his programs.

narcissa

Record Breaker
I think consistency in costumes is overrated :biggrin: or at least I'd never think of it that way, but how much someone's costumes inspire me(I like designing clothes :biggrin:) so I couldn't care less of the next one if some of them are a hot mess. Skaters like Kiira Korpi have good costumes but none have inspired me (personally), but I've been inspired by a couple skaters that are hit or miss, like:

Sasha Cohen (Romeo and Juliet at the Olympics - gorgeous draping , gorgeous dip dye of Rachmaninoff)
Yuna Kim (Giselle)
Gracie Gold (The simple red and black of El Choclo)
Wakaba (beautiful beaded neckline of that navy Skyfall dress she wore for half a season)
Yuzu's Chopin 1.0 and 3.0 (beautiful ombre)
Satoko Miyahara (Madame Butterfly)

Yuzu's costumes, tbh I wouldn't change a thing :biggrin: because to me it's part of his appeal in many ways. I absolutely love Requiem, the program and the costume, even if I wouldn't wear it (wouldn't look good on me anyway). It's maybe my favorite program of all time.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yuzu's costumes, tbh I wouldn't change a thing :biggrin: because to me it's part of his appeal in many ways. I absolutely love Requiem, the program and the costume, even if I wouldn't wear it (wouldn't look good on me anyway). It's maybe my favorite program of all time.

He never looks bad in his costumes. And it's weird since some of his costumes can be true horrors.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I haven't looked through the entire thread but, Surya Bonaly had famously bad costumes and make up to go along with it.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I haven't looked through the entire thread but, Surya Bonaly had famously bad costumes and make up to go along with it.

I love Surya's costumes:laugh: Not because they're beautiful, no no no most of them are infamous. But she looked so much like a sci-fi character :laugh: