Sofia Muravieva | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sofia Muravieva

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Again! I’m so happy for Sofia. She nailed her first ultra-c jump. It was a beauty. To see her light up when she saw the score, makes my heart melt. She really went to work after her last international event. The 3A alone will make her a contender. I can’t wait to see how she does in the free skate. She has nothing to lose here. This is good practice in preparation for the GP Finals.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Well, I didn't particularly believe in the salchow anyway. They need to take it out and concentrate on the axel for now. And Sonya needs to learn to keep it together after mistakes on ultra-c. I liked how Mikhailov was consoling her, they seem to have a very good relationship.

LRK

Record Breaker
It may sound strange, but I'm not woried about the 3A - it looks like such an easy, natural jump for her. I AM worried about the quad, however - I hope they stay away from it in the free (UNLESS it has become absolutely rock-solid in the interim); I'd rather she did two 3As instead.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There are rumors that Eteri wants to get Muravyova.

I hope Sofia will refuse :scratch2:
No surprises there.

But honestly can you blame her if she does. The RusFed have made it clear, the Academy is a dead-end. If you want real success in the Senior ranks, if you want Olympics, or Worlds or Euros or GP you have to leave.

Sofia is a beautiful, talented skater, she deserves the best and the chance to make something of herself.

That's all I have to say.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure the Russian Figure Skating Fed is high.

Somehow they named Sofia as an alternate for Euros, she's not even eligible!!

Is this supposed to be some sort of olive branch after the SP debacle?

Instead it looks like Sofia has has a dodgy passport, if you can't read the birth date on it, it must be really damaged and therefore not legit. Or even worse that the Academy tried sneak her in knowing full well she wasn't eligible.

The RusFed is a god damn clown show.

Vemvane

On the Ice
More SP photos from Nationals.

And a post by Sofia on instagram after the draw.

Google translate:

Russian Figure Skating Championships 2022 St. Petersburg 23-26.12.2021 Day # 1 the solemn draw of participants was exciting ... red carpets, Music, photos, TV broadcast ... and a lot of famous and respected people in figure skating , Kogan Alexander Ilyich, Lakernik Alexander Rafailovich .. Thank you for the warm welcome St. Petersburg !!! Good luck to all

She always writes such sweet and polite posts on instagram. A class act, Sofia.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just want to put a post that I think Sofia was robbed at Russian Nationals his year. However, Sofia, this was your best event. You fully rotated three 3A’s and landed two beautifully. Keep focusing on just getting better and eventually the federation cannot overlook your stardom and talent. Good luck in 2022. I will be cheering you on!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And she has adopted a polar bear (or I think her Chinese fan group has adopted one in her honour).
Aww, this is so nice! :) Apparently the fans said they will also donate to other causes which Sofia really appreciated.

In other news I was looking around the Russian figure skating board and someone posted this very interesting video

It's one of the judges judging Sofia's FS. Ooo a look behind the curtain...epecially the PCS, they put it in really quickly, although they do have a list of all the stuff you're supposed to be looking for when you grade the PCS. Intriguing. But it also seems that the judge entered the GOE halfway through the choreo sequence...which seems a bit weird? What if the second half is way better or worse than the first half :scratch2:

Sofia is currently skating in the Nutcracker show :) I haven't actually seen anything that's not an Insta story so they've all expired. However, there's still 4 days of the show left so I'll keep an eye out :)

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Aww, this is so nice! :) Apparently the fans said they will also donate to other causes which Sofia really appreciated.

In other news I was looking around the Russian figure skating board and someone posted this very interesting video

It's one of the judges judging Sofia's FS. Ooo a look behind the curtain...epecially the PCS, they put it in really quickly, although they do have a list of all the stuff you're supposed to be looking for when you grade the PCS. Intriguing. But it also seems that the judge entered the GOE halfway through the choreo sequence...which seems a bit weird? What if the second half is way better or worse than the first half :scratch2:

Sofia is currently skating in the Nutcracker show :) I haven't actually seen anything that's not an Insta story so they've all expired. However, there's still 4 days of the show left so I'll keep an eye out :)

Interesting the levels of spins and stsq do not appear in the list. Maybe only later when judging is finished.