Sofia Muravieva | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sofia Muravieva

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Sonya had such bad luck. They really shouldn't have risked the combo, this is the first time they had ever tried it in competition. But I also can see why they would, considering that she lost to Samodelkina and Petrosian at Nationals even with a big SP advantage that the junior rules do not allow and that she lands it in practice. She is under such incredible time pressure to get that 3A perfectly consistent considering the length of time she's actually had the jump in her arsenal. Other skaters fall from their ultra-c for whole seasons before they eventually get them right, she's really doing very well with it considering. I am hoping the Fed is aware of her potential and will give her at least one GP spot next season even if she doesn't make JW. I am also hoping she does finally conquer that quad by next season, she really needs it. Russian women's skating often makes me really, really hate it for what it does to these girls. It's a meat grinder. How can they not kill themselves and ruin their health over these jumps if they don't get a chance unless they get them by seniors? Now new coaches are getting into the game and I'm afraid it will be a fight to the last girl standing.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well done Sofia! :cheer2: Even more impressive considering her short preparation time.
She is my absolute favourite of the current Russian crop of young ladies from a performance and basic skating point of view. And I just adore her free skate, sound effects and all!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Love you so much Sofia! You are my favourite skater and a bronze medal in such a deep field is amazing. Your 3A in the free skate was spectacular. You deserve your spot to Junior Worlds and I can’t wait to cheer you on there.

Note to Plushenko…. Please leave out the 3A in the SP. It is not worth the risk for 2-3 points more. Also, Sofia should try 3A-eu-3S in the free skate if you step out of the triple axel 😜

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Well done Sofia! :cheer2: Even more impressive considering her short preparation time.
She is my absolute favourite of the current Russian crop of young ladies from a performance and basic skating point of view. And I just adore her free skate, sound effects and all!
I prefer her SP. She's actually probably the only Russian junior who understands what she's skating rather than going out there and doing what she's been shown. She talked about coming up with some moves herself, for Mikhailov to decide where they worked or not. She also has good jumps with proper technique. Basically a high-quality all-around skater. No real weaknesses except her shoulders, but she's improving on that. Apparently she's even more impressive live than on TV. I hope they put a lot of thought into her packaging for her first senior season, she deserves it. And of course conquering that quad won't hurt.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Apparently she's even more impressive live than on TV.

She is:biggrin: No, seriously, her SP especially at JGP Linz was incredible. Fast, emotional and with barely any preparation into her jumps.

I'm very happy for her. She seemed so devastated after the FS. Now I hope she recovers fully and gets her spot at Junior Worlds. Also - please leave out the 3A+3T in the SP, it‘s not worth it for juniors. She needs a medal at JWC and a good score to be considered for two senior GP spots next season:pray:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
She is:biggrin: No, seriously, her SP especially at JGP Linz was incredible. Fast, emotional and with barely any preparation into her jumps.

I'm very happy for her. She seemed so devastated after the FS. Now I hope she recovers fully and gets her spot at Junior Worlds. Also - please leave out the 3A+3T in the SP, it‘s not worth it for juniors. She needs a medal at JWC and a good score to be considered for two senior GP spots next season:pray:
I think they will leave it out. They probably good spooked by so many quadsters at this competition and that Sonya's 2 3As won't cut it. Who knew there would be so many messy skates (there is talk of the ice being too cold).

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I just hope Sonia can aim to skate clean as possible for the rest of the season and cement an international reputation for skating skills and presentation, because out of all the ladies it seems she has the least leeway to make technical mistakes without being criticised as overscored in PCS :( Also hope she doesn't read media.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
because out of all the ladies it seems she has the least leeway to make technical mistakes without being criticised as overscored in PCS :(
Which is some BS because she's an exquisite skater, a PCS skater. Even without "big tricks" her programs are some of the most intricate.

I say to these people who are complaining "Name another skater in the top 6 who interpreted both programs as well as Sofia did."

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Aww, sweet 16! After Plushenko’s vague comments I was hoping for encouraging news when I saw her thread pop up, but Happy Birthday! 🌟