Sofia Samodurova | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
SHE DID IT!!! I'm so proud of her :love:
Two seasons ago, she had one JGP and placed 4th. Last season, she won 2 JGP golds but placed last at the final and didn't make JWC. And now she won 2 GP medals, made the GPF, and is EUROPEAN CHAMPION! She's been doing so well, just skating her programs and getting good scores. Her scores are really starting to reflect her abilities now :) She should definitely be set for the Worlds team :clap:

anna gabriela

Rinkside
I can’t even put into words how proud I am of Sofia and how incredible what she’s achieved this season is. To be given only one GP spot and to make her debut at Skate America and win the bronze despite having to skate last after amazing skates from the Japanese ladies, to earn the hosts pick at Rostelecom where she won the silver and then to make the GPF and again skate wonderfully in a very tough field. At the start of the season no one would have even expected her to make the Euros team but she went out there and WON! Her performances have just got better and better every time and I know I’m going to be rewatching both her Euros programs on repeat because she was just fantastic. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for Sofia, she’s a star.

Watch

Final Flight
Ok, I really didn't see it coming and neither did she. Congrats to Sofia, the new European Champion! What a blast of a performance!

Scott512

Record Breaker
SHE DID IT!!! I'm so proud of her :love:
Two seasons ago, she had one JGP and placed 4th. Last season, she won 2 JGP golds but placed last at the final and didn't make JWC. And now she won 2 GP medals, made the GPF, and is EUROPEAN CHAMPION! She's been doing so well, just skating her programs and getting good scores. Her scores are really starting to reflect her abilities now :) She should definitely be set for the Worlds team :clap:

Congrats to Sofia on her Euro gold. She has improved so much and she's by far the most consistent Russian Lady and that is really paying off for her. The Mishin magic is working! He will have two girls at Worlds. Nice.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I can’t even put into words how proud I am of Sofia and how incredible what she’s achieved this season is. To be given only one GP spot and to make her debut at Skate America and win the bronze despite having to skate last after amazing skates from the Japanese ladies, to earn the hosts pick at Rostelecom where she won the silver and then to make the GPF and again skate wonderfully in a very tough field. At the start of the season no one would have even expected her to make the Euros team but she went out there and WON! Her performances have just got better and better every time and I know I’m going to be rewatching both her Euros programs on repeat because she was just fantastic. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for Sofia, she’s a star.

:clap:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I am still speechless. My mom and I both were sitting in front of the screen, cheering for every jump. It was so wonderful to see her after her skate and especially, after her last jumping pass was done. Her face just lit up and a smile spread across her face. It was truly a magical moment. It's amazing how much she's achieved this season even though many did not believe in her doing so. I have to admit, I didn't expect it either. But I'm so proud that she defied the odds. She deserves this win. Seeing her on the top of the podium and how happy she was... best moment of the season so far. Well done, Sofia!! Congratulations! :) :clap: :cheer: :hap10:

Maria Anna

Rinkside
I'm so proud of Sofia. She made me very happy with her amazing skating. :hap93: She has such a great technique, perfect artistry and she looked so relaxed in her FS as always. I can't wait for her next competitions, I'm sure she'll handle those too. Congratulations Sofia! :yahoo::yahoo:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I’ve always been cheering for Sofia ever since her junior days, especially seeing how unlucky she was with some placements and selections. So it’s really great to see that she has surpassed all expectations now and is doing so well in the senior circuit. Congratulations on becoming European Champion Sofia!!! :clap:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Sofia! I am so happy for this girl right now, seeing how much she evolved in such a short time. This is just a well-deserved reward after her continuous fight, hard work and self confidence. Many people counted her out before the start of this season and she was like.."Just watch me :biggrin:"

Congratulations and good luck at Worlds because now she needs to be there! :thumbsup:

DenissVFan

Medalist
Ashley Wagner highly praised her in her insta stories, which is nice for Sofia as she's apparently her favourite skater.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Today was such a crazy day all around. To me, it only made sense that Sofia won today. Suuuuuper happy for her! :yahoo:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congratulations Sofia! She grabbed her chance with both hands and ran with it this season.
It's a tough thing to do in such a crowded field. Her programs make me smile. Well deserved win.

Rosallie

On the Ice
I love Sofia, but I don't know, why she chose song "All by myself" for her gala, because I don't think she's alone or elderly... :scratch2:

starla16

Medalist
Sofia seems do a cross sometimes before her competition, she is mostly Ossetian then not Dagestani, Chechen or other caucasian ethnicity.
she isnt the first successful russian skater from oesstia, Mirzoev had a short lived successful junior career.