Sofia Samodurova | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

Giltedge

Final Flight
Sofia seems do a cross sometimes before her competition, she is mostly Ossetian then not Dagestani, Chechen or other caucasian ethnicity.
she isnt the first successful russian skater from oesstia, Mirzoev had a short lived successful junior career.

:noshake:
Ossetia? Umm, no. Sofya grew up nowhere near the Kavkas.

She is from Krasnoyarsk and grew up there (then St Petersburg).

Krasnoyarsk is 5000 km away from Ossetia. (= New York to Lisbon)

:scratch2:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Sofias joy and emotive facial expressions during her programs are fantastic! They are very real. She really feels her performance and the joy that comes from it and expresses it perfectly.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I increasingly think that Sofia may be Russia's best chance at a Worlds ladies' medal this year, at least based on current standings. Her only real technical issue is that her jumps remain on the smaller side, and so at least via strict application of the rules (*whispers* the rules are not always applied strictly), she should generally not being getting anything above a +3 in GOE because she doesn't get the height/distance bullet. I looked over her Grand Prix and Europeans score sheets, and that pretty much holds; you see the odd +4 here and there, but her jump GOE is generally modest.

That feels like the place where she and Mishin could put in some work over the summer, after this season is over. Despite the small size, the rotations are always good, so you'd think they could find ways to get her a bit more spring going up.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I finally got a free moment to check out Europeans. A well-deserved gold for Sofia! I love her Burlesque program. You just can't beat the PCS boost that having that much fun out there gives you!

Wombat1800

On the Ice
I finally got a free moment to check out Europeans. A well-deserved gold for Sofia! I love her Burlesque program. You just can't beat the PCS boost that having that much fun out there gives you!

Agree! And I often find that when skaters do fun programs that suit their style, their jumps are often more consistent, which has certainly been the case with Sofia this season

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated Sofia's OP. I've inlcuded all the results and added all the videos I could find. Enjoy :)

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Good skates today. Confident and clean. Incendiary FS of Sofia will make her way up. Good luck in the FS! Let the judges be more generous to her.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sofia was technically great, she is rock-solid, you never worry if her jumps would be clean. Just today she seemed to me a little - diffident or how to say it. She definitely was able to gain higher score. Which is not critique, because I repeat, she was great.

bloomies20

Rinkside
She was definitely underscored in PCS today. Her 31 PCS was the 11th best which is extremely low considering it was a clean performance.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
She was definitely underscored in PCS today. Her 31 PCS was the 11th best which is extremely low considering it was a clean performance.

Very disappointing from the judges with her being the reigning European champion too. She deserved at least 33.