Sofia Samodurova | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

Vemvane

On the Ice
Thank you, Edwin, for sharing those lovely photos of Sofia. She needs more appreciation!

And speaking of which, here's her SP from yesterday, where she was on fire, and I think her combo was unfairly judged.

This is possibly my favourite of all Sofia's programmes so far - it's unique, and she really seems to enjoy it. I hope she has more success with it in future.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing the videos, flanker! I do really like Sofia's SP this season - it's so memorable. Pity about the popped Lutz in the FP. On the other hand, the protocols show that she had only one underrotated jump called in each programme, so good for her for working on getting her jumps all the way around. She also had level 4s on most of her spins - she really just needs to get a level 4 for the StSq now. Anyway, congratulations to her on her overall win!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
New dress on Sof'ya, which of her costumes will it replace?
7lUF9yp.jpg

it doesn't quite hide her tattoo:
1FVwH2p.jpg

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Her funky alien SP, which I adore. (Suspect I sound like a stuck record.)
I love it too! I miss the "S" she used to put on her forehead though.

Nice to see her smile at her score for the first time in a long time.
She smiled? That's good because she looked so sad before and after her skate. I feel like her enjoyment of the sport is being chipped away by nasty, boring, conservative judges.

It bums me out :(

Scott512

Record Breaker
I love it too! I miss the "S" she used to put on her forehead though.

She smiled? That's good because she looked so sad before and after her skate. I feel like her enjoyment of the sport is being chipped away by nasty, boring, conservative judges.

It bums me out :(
It's so hard for Sofia and several other ladies to get to 200 points consistently and it's perplexing when we see scores of 240 or 250 points. Obviously the ultra moves many girls do deservey rewards much higher scores.
But if SS scored 10 points more in the Russian cup final how would that be a bad thing?

I don't know what the ISU can do. But they have to start now we get between the girls and score to 30 to 60 and those who score between 170 and 200. Maybe have events during the season for skaters who do not do the ultra jumps. Then the focus can come back to artistry style and interpretation.

To see Sofia upset after free skate yesterday was disappointing.

Her winning Europeans 2 years ago didn't seem to give her a bump up with the judges either which is perplexing. The Saint Petersburg girls in general are low balled by the judges and who knows when a lady from that city will win a major event again.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
winning Europeans 2 years ago didn't seem to give her a bump up with the judges either which is perplexing.
I did bring this up in the Russian Ladies Thread once, unfortunately it seems Sofia's jumps have become smaller and less rotated since then - which is weird because they look the same to me? It's also sad because she seems so surprised when the marks come up. Do skaters not realise they're under-rotating? It seems weird Mishin wouldn't notice either?

The saddest part of all is how sad she looks skating :( it wouldn't be so bad if she were still enjoying herself even if she never makes the podium, it's seeing her so defeated that hurts.

But she has a good team with support, she even waited for 15 minutes after the FS to congratulate Liza Tuk! How lovely is that? 🥰

She'll be skating at Mishin's birthday show too, so here's hoping she'll have a lot of fun there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I did bring this up in the Russian Ladies Thread once, unfortunately it seems Sofia's jumps have become smaller and less rotated since then - which is weird because they look the same to me? It's also sad because she seems so surprised when the marks come up. Do skaters not realise they're under-rotating? It seems weird Mishin wouldn't notice either?

The saddest part of all is how sad she looks skating :( it wouldn't be so bad if she were still enjoying herself even if she never makes the podium, it's seeing her so defeated that hurts.

But she has a good team with support, she even waited for 15 minutes after the FS to congratulate Liza Tuk! How lovely is that? 🥰

She'll be skating at Mishin's birthday show too, so here's hoping she'll have a lot of fun there.
Sofiia is one of the good girls. Someone who never causes a fuss and seems nice to everyone. I think her scores should be higher and I think several of the Saint Petersburg ladies scores are almost always lower than they should be. But it's been that way for years and I guess it won't change unless some of them develop the ultra jumps.

As far as URs go I honestly think most skaters don't know for sure just like most of us viewers don't know for sure.

As far as the enjoyment of figure skating goes it seems llike Sofia has less joy than she used to. But she takes this to heart obviously and when you don't get the scores you think you should that fast to hurt deeply.

Her expressions and charisma are outstanding. Sofia offers something different for fans of ladies figure skating. But it's a bottom line business and if she's not happy with the results it's going to show on her face.

The way she greeted Liza kknowing Liza just made the worlds team for the 1st time in 6 years proves that she's a good person and thinks of others. It's not always easy to find people like that in a me first sport.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
A new interview with Sofia was published!
https://amp.sport24.ru/news/figures...om-aksele-i-mishine?__twitter_impression=true
(Sport24, March 16, 2021, Tuesday, 15:10)

"My mother offers to finish, she realizes that it is difficult." Samodurova - about refereeing, trixels and Tuktamysheva's photo shoots​

European champion Sofia Samodurova will turn 19 this summer.
A couple of hours before the show in honor of Mishin's anniversary, Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik talked with Sonia about past tournaments, plans, criticism of refereeing, hobbies, tattooing, friendship with Liza Tuktamysheva and much more.....

And here is the interview on youtube:

Last edited: