Sota Yamamoto | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Sota Yamamoto

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Adding my welcome and hope you will post here often. :)

Re Sota turning senior next season, frankly I have some reservations. I am not sure he will be through his growing pains then (which destabilized his jumps this season) and that coupled with the much stiffer competition in the senior ranks may cause him to flounder rather than immediately make a mark. IIRC also, Sota said he wants to be in the 2018 Olympics with Yuzuru because the impression was that Yuzuru would retire afterwards, which Yuzuru since then has corrected. It is Sota and his team's decision to make though and as a fan I will always support him.

Thank you!!

Wait, so Yuzuru is not retiring after 2018!!! Thats great news hehe :)
Regarding his jumps, you're right about that. But I just hope he gets his 3A and 4T like Shoma did when he turned senior, then he'll get a chance to make a mark in seniors. I often have to remind myself he is only 16.

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Btw, if Sota were to turn senior next season, how many Grand Prix assignments wouod he get? How is # of grand Prix assignments determined?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thank you!!

Regarding his jumps, you're right about that. But I just hope he gets his 3A and 4T like Shoma did when he turned senior, then he'll get a chance to make a mark in seniors. I often have to remind myself he is only 16.

You are welcome. :)

Yes, Sota is "sweet sixteen," but I'm getting a manlier vibe from him specially when his hair is slicked back. :) And as is evident, he's getting taller.

You are right that Shoma had a stable 4T and 3A when he turned senior (although I worry about his jump technique which as Kurt Browning noted puts a lot of stress on his body) accounting for a great deal of his success in his senior debut season. :yes: He also corrected the take off edge in his lutz. Shoma's presentation skills are also top-notch. Shoma also placed second in Nationals and won Junior Worlds before he turned senior which helps his "reputation." Right now, these factors are not yet all there for Sota.

I do think it'd be wise for Sota develop at his own pace and while be inspired by Yuzuru, not to put pressure on himself to follow the latter's skating timelines. Of course if Sota does make it to the Olympics at 18 that will be one area where he will be ahead of his idol. :)

Btw, if Sota were to turn senior next season, how many Grand Prix assignments wouod he get? How is # of grand Prix assignments determined?

I think his GP assignment/s will depend on his World standing (http://static.isu.org/media/99358/1629-world-standing-sandp_id.pdf) and whether the JSF will choose him as a home pick at NHK or he gets invitations from other skating federations. The latest ISU World standings for men: http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm.

skatefan22

Medalist
Thank you!!

More exactly, Yuzu said if he gets the second OGG and feels satisfied with his performance in 2018, he will retire, and that is his ideal career plan. But if things go wrong, he may reconsider his decision.

JuliaHols

On the Ice
You are welcome. :)

Yes, Sota is "sweet sixteen," but I'm getting a manlier vibe from him specially when his hair is slicked back. :) And as is evident, he's getting taller.

You are right that Shoma had a stable 4T and 3A when he turned senior (although I worry about his jump technique which as Kurt Browning noted puts a lot of stress on his body) accounting for a great deal of his success in his senior debut season. :yes: He also corrected the take off edge in his lutz. Shoma's presentation skills are also top-notch. Shoma also placed second in Nationals and won Junior Worlds before he turned senior which helps his "reputation." Right now, these factors are not yet all there for Sota.

I do think it'd be wise for Sota develop at his own pace and while be inspired by Yuzuru, not to put pressure on himself to follow the latter's skating timelines. Of course if Sota does make it to the Olympics at 18 that will be one area where he will be ahead of his idol. :)

I think his GP assignment/s will depend on his World standing (http://static.isu.org/media/99358/1629-world-standing-sandp_id.pdf) and whether the JSF will choose him as a home pick at NHK or he gets invitations from other skating federations. The latest ISU World standings for men: http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm.

Oh I see. Thanks for explaining. But so only based on his world standing now, he would only get one GP assignment?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
More exactly, Yuzu said if he gets the second OGG and feels satisfied with his performance in 2018, he will retire, and that is his ideal career plan. But if things go wrong, he may reconsider his decision.

From http://www.ifigureskating.com/weekly-figure-skating-buzz-its-all-about-emotions-on-the-ice/
Figure skating star Yuzuru Hanyu said his future after the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics is undecided and that remarks he made Thursday on whether to turn pro after the 2018 Games had been misunderstood.

“I was very surprised to lerearn that [my remarks] were regarded as a kind of retirement statement,” Hanyu said. “In reality, I’m not sure what I will think until the moment actually arrives. If I’m dissatisfied after the Pyeongchang Games, I’ll continue skating until I become satisfied. It’s not something concrete.”

I see. Thanks for explaining. But so only based on his world standing now, he would only get one GP assignment?

Well I am thinking he will get host pick for NHK. :biggrin:

Seriously though he loses both World standing and ranking points by not being able to compete at JW. :(

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
“In reality, I’m not sure what I will think until the moment actually arrives. If I’m dissatisfied after the Pyeongchang Games, I’ll continue skating until I become satisfied. It’s not something concrete.”[/I](

Thanks, Maria, for the link. :agree: Hmm, the quote above aligns with what I said earlier.

Actually, Yuzu began to talk about his wish and plan to retire at the age of 22/3 in Cutting Edge Magazine 2012.
And one of the earliest news articles mentioning Yuzu’s plan to turn pro after Pyeongchang Olympics (he will be 23 by then) dates as early as August 2014. Only last year probably around 2015, he talked about that again in front of a bunch of TV camera crew, and it suddenly became a heated topic. He had to come out and ease the tension a bit saying his retiring after 2018 is not definite and that will depend on how he does at Pyeongchang and whether he is satisfied with his performance.

Nobunari Oda also helped Yuzu clarify the situation by saying that Yuzu told him that getting 2018 OGG, retire, and becoming a professional skater is of course his ideal plan. His resolution to get gold and turn pro is very strong. That said, it is not absolute that he will retire after 2018 because that depends on how he does in 2018 at Pyeongchang.

Based on the above, I think it is safe to draw the conclusion that "if he gets the second OGG and feels satisfied with his performance in 2018, he will retire, and that is his ideal career plan. But if things go wrong, he may reconsider his decision".

Also, we can feel his intention to retire after 2018 from many small clues. For example, at the press conference of NHK 2015 which is the host of 1998 Nagano Olympic Winter Games, he joked with reporters that "this is not Pyeongchang, so I won't retire yet, and I will work harder". In an interview of Brian Orser with the Chinese media in Nov. 2015, Q:"Do you think Hanyu is still going to go back to Cup of China in the future?" Brian:"Yep. Probably. We’ll still have two more seasons after this. He will probably comeback to China."

Sorry for a long post in Sota's thread. I don't know I somehow just typed so much... :eek:topic:

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^No worries skatefan 22! I don't think Sota himself will object to us discussing his idol's retirement or non-retirement right after the Olympics in Pyeongchang. :)

But if ever Yuzuru decides to retire from competitive skating then, Shoma and Sota in the succeeding competitions may be duking it out for the top spot of the podiums and I as a fan will have déjà vus of the men's competition in Worlds 2014.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I know it is not right thread but as 2019 Worlds is in Japan I am assuming maybe Yuzu will stay until then and retire in front of home crowd, I think its possible but I am almost sure he wont go for the third Olympics . As skatefan22 quoted he always wanted to retire after 2018, Maybe only thing that will make him stay is trying 4 axel and wc 2019 in Japan :laugh:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
I know it is not right thread but as 2019 Worlds is in Japan I am assuming maybe Yuzu will stay until then and retire in front of home crowd, I think its possible but I am almost sure he wont go for the third Olympics . As skatefan22 quoted he always wanted to retire after 2018, Maybe only thing that will make him stay is trying 4 axel and wc 2019 in Japan :laugh:

Ah that would be so exciting to see!

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am so sorry to hear about the ankle injury;;;;; My best wishes to Sota for, no haste but a full recovery.

gsyzf

Medalist
Re Sota turning senior next season, frankly I have some reservations. I am not sure he will be through his growing pains then (which destabilized his jumps this season) and that coupled with the much stiffer competition in the senior ranks may cause him to flounder rather than immediately make a mark. IIRC also, Sota said he wants to be in the 2018 Olympics with Yuzuru because the impression was that Yuzuru would retire afterwards, which Yuzuru since then has corrected. It is Sota and his team's decision to make though and as a fan I will always support him.

It's every athlete's dream to be able to compete at the Olympics. Even if the 2018 Olympics is not Yuzuru's last Olympics, Sota will try to make the 2018 Oympics team for himself. (I highly doubt Yuzuru will compete in the 2022 Olympics. I don't think his body can handle it.) I don't think Sato's only motivation to compete at the 2018 Olympics is to compete with Yuzuru.

If Sota wants to make the 2018 Olympics team, he will have to turn senior next season. He already medaled at all the major junior championships. He has medaled at JGPF and JWC. He won the Youth Olympics. There is nothing else he can gain other than the junior world title. He can always come back next season to win the junior world title if he doesn't make the senior worlds team next season. (It's very likely he won't make the senior worlds team. It's probably more realistic for Sota to make the 4CC team.) The longer he stays junior, the more time he loses at senior level. Everyone knows that GOE and PCS are more or less influenced by a skater's reputation and experience. He needs time to build his reputation at the senior level. If he is inconsistent because he is growing, he will be inconsistent whether he is competing at the junior level or senior level.

Last edited:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
It's every athlete's dream to be able to compete at the Olympics. Even if the 2018 Olympics is not Yuzuru's last Olympics, Sota will try to make the 2018 Oympics team for himself. (I highly doubt Yuzuru will compete in the 2022 Olympics. I don't think his body can handle it.) I highly doubt the only motivation for Sota competing at the 2018 Olympics is to compete with Yuzuru.

If Sota wants to make the 2018 Olympics team, he will have to turn senior next season. He already medaled at all the major junior championships. He has medaled at JGPF and JWC. He won the Youth Olympics. There is nothing else he can gain other than the junior world title. He can always come back next season to win the junior world title if he doesn't make the senior worlds team next season. (It's very likely he won't make the senior worlds team. It's probably more realistic for Sota to make the 4CC team.) The longer he stays junior, the more time he loses at senior level. Everyone knows that GOE and PCS are more or less influenced by a skater's reputation and experience. He needs time to build his reputation at the senior level. If he is inconsistent because he is growing, he will be inconsistent whether he is competing at the junior level or senior level.

Right you are :) he just needs to compete at one Junior event to get the TES minimums to compete in Junior Worlds next season if he turns senior, right? (My lack of figure skating knowledge....:p)

And the thought of Yuzuru competing in 2022 Olympics!!! That'd be worrisome and nerve wreaking for us fans ahaha.

I'm sure Sota can't wait to meet Shoma in the Seniors again too :D hehe I need them to be reunited! The Japanese brothers shall not be seperated any longer ! And I can't wait to see him up against the seniors. I have faith that he would do great tho. Maybe not Yuzuru great or Shoma great, but like, Sota kind of great :) :)

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
It's every athlete's dream to be able to compete at the Olympics. Even if the 2018 Olympics is not Yuzuru's last Olympics, Sota will try to make the 2018 Oympics team for himself. .. I don't think Sato's only motivation to compete at the 2018 Olympics is to compete with Yuzuru.

I agree. I think for Sota to compete with Yuzuru in the Olympics is the "icing" on the "cake" of making it to Japan's FS Olympic team.

Jason Brown turned senior in the Olympic season (2013-2014) itself, and I don't think it hurt his chances in making it to the US Olympic team. By then, he had stabilized his triple axel and his presentation was at very, very high level so even without a quad, he was ready to compete with the "big guys."

I think inconsistency at the senior level costs a skater more in terms of results than in the junior ranks because there are more consistent jumpers among the senior men. As apparently the decision has already been made for Sota to turn senior next season, I hope the jumps will be there for him and that his major growth spurt will be over by that time. Thinking of Nam...

I'm sure Sota can't wait to meet Shoma in the Seniors again too :D hehe I need them to be reunited! The Japanese brothers shall not be seperated any longer ! And I can't wait to see him up against the seniors. I have faith that he would do great tho. Maybe not Yuzuru great or Shoma great, but like, Sota kind of great :) :)

For me the Shoma-Sota bromance is as heartwarming to see as Yuzuru-Javier. :love:

"Sota kind of great" will be great I think. Remember this is the kid Machiko Yamada thinks is even more talented than Yuzuru.

JuliaHols

On the Ice
I agree. I think for Sota to compete with Yuzuru in the Olympics is the "icing" on the "cake" of making it to Japan's FS Olympic team.

Thinking of Nam...

For me the Shoma-Sota bromance is as heartwarming to see as Yuzuru-Javier. :love:

"Sota kind of great" will be great I think. Remember this is the kid Machiko Yamada thinks is even more talented than Yuzuru.

Nam.....really wish he'd stop growing. This is OFF TOPIC but I saw Nam at an ice show in FEB FEST and he was like a head taller than me.

Anyways, every time I see Shoma and Sota, I always think of Yulia and Elena Rad. So Cute!

Does anyone know how long a fractured ankle takes to heal, and if Sota's going for surgery or not?

Hopefully, Shoma's already send him a get well message :) and maybe Yuzuru too ;) having an encouragement from your idol is really something especially cause he's such a cute fanboy. Like when Yuzu was praised by Plushenko few years ago, I was so happy for him.

I never really watch Yuzuru when he was in Juniors, would you say he's musical and artistic at that age? Cause I wouldn't say Sota is artistic. Yet. He'll get there, but for now his "artistry" should be the least of his worries...

gsyzf

Medalist
Jason Brown turned senior in the Olympic season (2013-2014) itself, and I don't think it hurt his chances in making it to the US Olympic team. By then, he had stabilized his triple axel and his presentation was at very, very high level so even without a quad, he was ready to compete with the "big guys."

I think inconsistency at the senior level costs a skater more in terms of results than in the junior ranks because there are more consistent jumpers among the senior men. As apparently the decision has already been made for Sota to turn senior next season, I hope the jumps will be there for him and that his major growth spurt will be over by that time. Thinking of Nam...

The men's field in the USA was not deep back then. (If Jason could make the Olympics team without a quad, it just shows that American men overall were pretty weak.) Even then Jason did need some luck to make the team. (He became a star due to his performance gone viral. This doesn't happen to anyone.) The men's field in Japan is deeper. Staying junior won't help Sota make the Olympics team. He already has enough (2 season) junior results. He doesn't need any more junior medals. (A junior world title would be the only title lacking. But a junior world title is not a must have either.) What he needs is senior medal and more exposure at the senior level. Even with his jump struggle, Nam is better off staying senior than junior. Right now neither Sota's 3A or 4T is consistent. If either of his 3A or 4t becomes consistent, he will get better results. Sota is the future of Japanese men's skating. I assume JSF wants Sota to have some experience at the 2018 Olympics, so he has a better chance to win the 2022 Olympics.

IMO, Yuzuru is definitely more talented than Sota. I don't think there is anyone that is more talented than Yuzu. Yuzu had everything at that age. People tend to think Yuzu is not strong in stamina, but Yuzu didn't lack stamina for his age (even when he was young). He only lacks stamina when he is trying to execute very difficult programs that nobody dares to try. The junior boys today all have talents, but none of them is as all-rounded as Yuzu at the same age.

I think Sota's main rival is Nathan. It's a bit unfortunate both of them got injured and ended their season early. I think Nathan-Sota rival is similar to Shoma-Boyang rival. They are the same age and both will turn senior at the same time. (They even share the same fate. :palmf:)

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
The men's field in the USA was not deep back then. (If Jason could make the Olympics team without a quad, it just shows that American men overall were pretty weak.) Even then Jason did need some luck to make the team. (He became a star due to his performance gone viral. This doesn't happen to anyone.) The men's field in Japan is deeper. Staying junior won't help Sota make the Olympics team. He already has enough (2 season) junior results. He doesn't need any more junior medals. (A junior world title would be the only title lacking. But a junior world title is not a must have either.) What he needs is senior medal and more exposure at the senior level. Even with his jump struggle, Nam is better off staying senior than junior. Right now neither Sota's 3A or 4T is consistent. If either of his 3A or 4t becomes consistent, he will get better results. Sota is the future of Japanese men's skating. I assume JSF wants Sota to have some experience at the 2018 Olympics, so he has a better chance to win the 2022 Olympics.

IMO, Yuzuru is definitely more talented than Sota. I don't think there is anyone that is more talented than Yuzu. Yuzu had everything at that age. People tend to think Yuzu is not strong in stamina, but Yuzu didn't lack stamina for his age (even when he was young). He only lacks stamina when he is trying to execute very difficult programs that nobody dares to try. The junior boys today all have talents, but none of them is as all-rounded as Yuzu at the same age.

I think Sota's main rival is Nathan. It's a bit unfortunate both of them got injured and ended their season early.

My point is I would want Sota to have stabilized his 3A and 4T before moving to seniors as Shoma and Boyang did so it will be easier for Sota to build his reputation as a contender. Sota may have the burden to overcome being tagged as an inconsistent skater otherwise.

I am not sure whether I understand you that Jason was helped in being named to the US Olympic team by his US Nationals LP going viral. Jason placed second at US Nationals, and that was why he was sent to the Olympics. Also in 2014, I think the American senior men's field is almost the same as now. There was no Nathan, but Jeremy was there as well as the gold and silver medalists in this year's Nationals, Adam and Max. Bottom line it is not how long or short you are competing as a senior but your performance during the competitions that count in the Olympic season which will on the main determine if you will get a spot in the Olympic team.

I quoted Machiko Yamada to show that Sota has the potential for greatness. But yes, I share your opinion that Yuzuru is the most talented and gifted skater.

Nam.....really wish he'd stop growing. This is OFF TOPIC but I saw Nam at an ice show in FEB FEST and he was like a head taller than me.

Anyways, every time I see Shoma and Sota, I always think of Yulia and Elena Rad. So Cute!

Does anyone know how long a fractured ankle takes to heal, and if Sota's going for surgery or not?

Hopefully, Shoma's already send him a get well message :) and maybe Yuzuru too ;) having an encouragement from your idol is really something especially cause he's such a cute fanboy. Like when Yuzu was praised by Plushenko few years ago, I was so happy for him.

I never really watch Yuzuru when he was in Juniors, would you say he's musical and artistic at that age? Cause I wouldn't say Sota is artistic. Yet. He'll get there, but for now his "artistry" should be the least of his worries...

Ah I can see why you think of Yulia and Lena when you see Shoma and Sota. :yes:

From the internet, I learned that it takes at least six weeks for the bones of a broken ankle to heal and longer for the affected tendons and ligaments. My poor Sota! :sad21: I have no news yet whether he will require surgery. I suspect he must have had a bad landing on a quad jump where I read the landing force is six or eight times one's body weight.

I think young Yuzuru was musical. In this GS article (http://www.goldenskate.com/2015/08/sota-yamamoto/ ), Sota admits he is not so good interpreting music with ups and downs, but he wants to improve. His artistry will grow I think. In the meantime, I wish him full and speedy recovery.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Actually, as far as I remember, Machiko sensei said Sota's skating might be better than Yuzuru's at the same age. Yuzuru's skating skills have been improved a lot after moving to Canada. But when I see his skating in his junior days, I think Machiko sensei has the point. Of course, Yuzuru is an all-rounder type genius. And their skating skills now are uncomparable. And, as Sota is good at skating, his performance sometimes looks too light without strong personality, I'm afraid. I hope he will improve his artistry if he keeps learning from Yuzuru and Shoma :yes2:

Wish Sota and Nathan quick and full recovery. (I really miss them at JWC :cry:)

Good luck to Shu, Daichi and Kazuki :hap10:

Last edited:

gsyzf

Medalist
My point is I would want Sota to have stabilized his 3A and 4T before moving to seniors as Shoma and Boyang did so it will be easier for Sota to build his reputation as a contender. Sota may have the burden to overcome being tagged as an inconsistent skater otherwise.

I am not sure whether I understand you that Jason was helped in being named to the US Olympic team by his US Nationals LP going viral. Jason placed second at US Nationals, and that was why he was sent to the Olympics. Also in 2014, I think the American senior men's field is almost the same as now. There was no Nathan, but Jeremy was there as well as the gold and silver medalists in this year's Nationals, Adam and Max. Bottom line it is not how long or short you are competing as a senior but your performance during the competitions that count in the Olympic season which will on the main determine if you will get a spot in the Olympic team.

I quoted Machiko Yamada to show that Sota has the potential for greatness. But yes, I share your opinion that Yuzuru is the most talented and gifted skater.

My opinion is if someone who doesn't attempt quad gets higher score than others who do, then it's because either the field is weak (all other men can't jump quads and execute the rest of their programs) or that skater receives more favoritism (because judges like his style or star quality). I think fair judging should be high risk high reward, low risk low reward. If someone chooses to not do quad because he doesn't want to take the risk (I think that's fine if some skaters don't' want to take big risk), then the score he receives can't be too high either. I think PCS should depend on the risk too. It's easier to perform well when a skater takes less risk, harder to perform well when someone takes a much bigger risk. High PCS should be rewarded to skaters who can execute quads and perform well, but not to skaters who don't attempt quads and perform well. It's not fair to skaters who take more risk to get the same or lower score than others who take less risk when they both skate well. (I know there are people who don't agree with me.)

None of the men is consistent. Even now, the only man who has stable quads and 3A is Yuzuru. But he only has all of his quads and 3A stable after many seasons at the senior level. Neither Boyang nor Shoma's 3A and quads are stable either. They are both on and off. But men who don't have stable 3A and quads, have both good competitions and bad competitions each season. (The number of good and bad competitions vary with different people). Sota is in a similar situation. He has good days and bad days just like most men. (It's not like he never lands any of his 3A or quads. His other triples are pretty reliable. He should try to increase the number of good competitions.) No one knows exactly how long it takes for a skater to stabilize his 3A and quads. Sometimes, everything just clicks in one season. The skater just finds consistency in his jumps. It may happen next season, the follow season, or two seasons after. For some people, it may never happen. But I don't think that should be a reason to not turn senior if Sota has already won most of the medals at the junior level. If he doesn't turn senior because his 3A and quads are not stable yet, and his 3A and quads only become consistent when he is 19, then he will miss the Olympics.

Skating skill improves with practice. The way I see it is that a person is gifted in skating skill if his skating skill improves with very little practice. If someone's skating skill is good because he practices a lot since young, I think that's quite normal. If Yuzuru is not exceptionally gifted in skating skill, he won't improve significantly in such short time. Even when he was young, he had the natural flow on ice that most boys his age didn't have. My opinion is probably unpopular. But I do think Yuzuru is the most gifted skater in skating skill (more than Patrick) because his skating skill improves more quickly with much less practice. (Patrick spent much more time on skating skill since he was young.)

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
@gsyzf, as I have posted, it appears that Sota will indeed turn senior next season, a decision which you agree with and with which I have certain reservations. I think we have already sufficiently expressed our views on the matter and can agree to disagree and move on. I freely admit to the possibility and indeed hope that next season Sota will immediately find his jumping legs and make his mark in his first season as as senior like what Shoma and Boyang did. And like you and all Sota fans, I would love for Sota to realize his dream to participate in the PyeongChang Olympics with Yuzuru and possibly get a medal.

Actually, as far as I remember, Machiko sensei said Sota's skating might be better than Yuzuru's at the same age. Yuzuru's skating skills have been improved a lot after moving to Canada. But when I see his skating in his junior days, I think Machiko sensei has the point. Of course, Yuzuru is an all-rounder type genius. And their skating skills now are uncomparable. And, as Sota is good at skating, his performance sometimes looks too light without strong personality, I'm afraid. I hope he will improve his artistry if he keeps learning from Yuzuru and Shoma :yes2:

Wish Sota and Nathan quick and full recovery. (I really miss them at JWC :cry:)

Good luck to Shu, Daichi and Kazuki :hap10:

Thanks SuzyQ for sharing your insights. I had to search long and hard for the post I remembered reading about Machiko Yamada's comment. The poster Airin quoted Machiko Yamada as saying that Sota is so talented that he may even be better than Yuzuru in the future; and ended her post with a "jawdrop" emoticon in reaction to the said comment.

Here is a link to video of Sota's performance in the 2013 Nagoya festival which occasioned the comment. Very cute Sota with a very familiar looking costume. :biggrin: His speed and flow across the ice is evident, and he also had then the mushroom haircut.