Stefania Yakovleva | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Stefania Yakovleva

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skate Helena Junior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Stefania finished 3rd out of 36 in the SP, with a score of 50.38.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch Skate Helena.

Looking at the Protocols, it was not a good start to the programme. She didn't fall, but the liens for the first 3 elements are still not pretty.

The first element was the Triple Flip-Triple Toe. Unfortunately, the second part of the combination was under-rotated. Consequently, it got -2 from four Judges; and -1 from Judge 5. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -1.06 but, because it had by far the highest Base Value, it nevertheless remained as the highest scoring element of the programme.

The second element, the Triple Lutz, was downgraded. It got -5 from all five Judges. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme at -1.05 and, because it was already had the lowest Base Value, it remained as the lowest scoring element of the programme.

The third element was the Flying Sit Spin. I don't know what went wrong, but my guess is that it must have been wonkey. it got -1 from three Judges; 0 from Judge 4; and +1 from Judge 5. It also got the third biggest GOE hit og the programme at -0.20, which made it the second lowest scoring element of the programme.

After that, though, it was all sunshine and flowers. There were no more negative numbers at all, and only one 0. Indeed, when you take out the penultimate element, which got the 0 and four +1's, nearly all the Judges marks were +2 or +3. Indeed, the Step Sequence got two +2's and three +3's. it also got the highest GOE of the programme at +0.88.

Stefania is 2.00 points behind 2nd position, Olivia LENGYELOVA (SVK), and 4.85 points ahead of 4th position, Elina GOIDINA (EST). She is also 4.75 points behind the leader after the SP, Chiara MINIGHINI (ITA).

Stefania is in a good position going into the FS. She has a decent gap behind her, and is within striking distance of 2nd position. With a good Free Skate, she could claim the Silver Medal.

So, let's hope she does have a good Free Skate!

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

The Junior Ladies FS is due to start at 08:00:00 CET (07:00:00 GMT / 09:00:00 EET). So 1 hour from now.

Stefania will be the 34th skater to start. So, fourth skater to go in Group 6 (and antepenultimate skater to go in the segment).

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95826

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skate Helena Junior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Skate Helena Junior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Stefania finished 3rd out of 36 in the FS, with a score of 97.58. This meant that she climbed to 2nd position overall, with a score of 147.96.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch Skate Helena.

Looking at the Protocols, although she finished 3rd in the segment, Stefania actually had a bit of a nightmare of a Free Skate.

She started off with a Triple Flip-Double Axel-Double Axel done in sequence. The Triple Flip didn't have a clear edge. Mixed opinions from the Judges, though, with Judge 4 giving -2; the Judges either side of her giving -1; Judge 1 giving 0; and Judge 2 giving +1. it also got -0.35 in GOE, but because it had by far the highhest Base Value, it was still the highest scoring element of the programme.

The second element, the Triple Lutz-Double Toe, went much better. it got +1 from four Judges, and +2 from Judge 2. it also got the second highest GOE of the programme at +0.59. And because it had the second highest BAse Value, it remained as the scind highest scoring element.

Then the problems returned for the third element. The Triple Flip was under-rotated and didn't have a clear edge. The Judges had varying degrees of not liking it, with -5 from Judge 4; -4 from Judge 1; -3 from two Judges; and -2 from Judge 2. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.41.

The next 3 elements actually went well. But then she reached the three jumps that were grouped together in the second half of the programme. And they did not go well at all.

The Triple Lutz that started this set of jumps was landed on the quarter, but she fell. Unsurprisingly, this resulted in -5 from all five Judges. It also resulted in the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -2.95.

The Triple Toe that followed was under-rotated. It got -5 from Judge 5; -4 from three Judges; and -3 from Judge 2. It also got the fourth biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.34.

The Triple Salchow that completed this set of jumps was also under-rotated, but she fell. Like the Lutz, it got -5 from all five Judges. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.72.

Thankfully, the last two elements went better. Indeed, the final element, the Change Foot Combination Spin, was the best element of the programme. It got +2 from four Judges, and +3 from Judge 1. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.70.

Stefania finished the Free Skate 2.29 points behind 2nd position, Elina GOIDINA (EST) and 7.07 points ahead of 4th position, Chiara MINIGHINI (ITA).

Overall, Stefania finished 13.75 points behind 1st position, Olivia LENGYELOVA (SVK), and 2.32 points ahead of 3rd position, Minighini.

This competition is the perfect example of why it is beneficial to have a hard programme. Only three skaters had programmes which had a Base Value of over 50. And those three skaters finished in the Top 3 positions in the FS:

• Olivia Lengyelova had the highest Base Value and went clean, so she won.
  • Like Stefania, Elina Goidina had two falls, but because the rest of her programme was clean, she finished the FS in second.
  • Stefania had a nightmare skate, but because she was the only skater other than Lengyelova to have a Base Value of over 55, she still managed to finish 3rd in the FS.

It is such a good strategy to have. If you have a good skate, you're laughing. And if you don't, it can save you.

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that there was an interview with Stefania today on the Limassol based website Action In Sports:

https://www.actioninsports.com/stef...nto-tis-kyprou-sti-diethni-skini-tou-patinaz/

It's in Greek, but there is a button to translate the page into English (or Hebrew, or Russian, or Ukrainian).

In it, Stefania talks about the upcoming Youth Olympics, her goals over the next few years, and also the challenges that she has faced this season. And there have been a lot of challenges.

It's really interesting. And well worth a few minutes of your time to read.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST IN GANGWON, STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just posting to let you know that the Opening Ceremony for the Youth Olympics is being held this morning.

I don't know whether Stefania will be taking part in the ceremony, but there are only three athletes representing Cyprus. And given that the Alpine Skiing starts on Sunday (I'm not sure which races the two skiers are taking part in, so they could be starting any time from Sunday to Friday! :drama:), whereas Stefania's campaign doesn't start until the following Sunday, I would say there is a good chance that Stefania will be taking part. Asuming she is already in Korea.

The Opening Ceremony is due to start at 20:00:00 KST (11:00:00 GMT / 13:00:00 EET / 14:00:00 MSK). So 4 hours from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95178

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If Stefania was at the Opening Ceremony, I didn't see her. Mind you, with how many athletes were there, it would be hard to spot one person. Especially when they are part of a small team.

Although, I'm confused. The commentators said that for the Parade Of Nations, the flags would be carried in by one male and one female athlete, unless all the team members were the same gender. So, when the Cyrpiot team was made up of 1 boy and 2 girls, how come the female Alpine Skier, Andrea Loizidou, was the sole flagbearer?

I was expecting the flag to be carried in by the male Alpine Skier, Andreas Kasiouris, and probably Stefania. Let's face it, when the country is competing in two sports, it would look better having an athlete from each of them.

But, hey. Although it would be nice to be a flagbearer in the Opening Ceremony, it's the competition that matters.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Seven years ago, Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides had the honour of becoming the first skater to represent Cyprus at the European Youth Olympic Festival (in Erzurum, Turkey).

Tomorrow morning, Stefania Yakovleva will have the honour of becoming the first skater to represent Cyprus at the Youth Olympic Games (in Gangneung, Korea).

The Junior Ladies SP is due to start tomorrow at 16:10:00 KST (07:10:00 GMT / 09:10:00 EET / 10:10:00 MSK). So 10 hours from now.

Stefania will be the 5th skater to start. So, fifth and penultimate skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:10:00 KST (07:10:00 GMT / 09:10:00 EET / 10:10:00 MSK). So 10 hours from now.

Stefania is due to start at 16:41:30 KST (07:41:30 GMT / 09:41:30 EET / 10:41:30 MSK). So 10h 31m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95178

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm afraid that I have some bad news.

The Time Schedule PDF has been updated, and Stefania has withdrawn from the Youth Olympics.

I'm gutted for her. To compete at these Youth Olympics has been her goal for a very long time. When her website was created last year, the most prominant thing on it was that she would be competing at Gangwon 2024.

She was just so unfortunate that it came around at a difficult time for her, when she was struggling with injury as well as the effects of growing up.

Well, Gangwon 2024 isn't happening, and I am not sure about Junior Worlds now either. But, hopefully she will be back to full fitness in time for next season.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Before I go any further, I want to apologise for missing these. Although I visit the Cyprus Mail's website every day, I only ever look at the "Cyprus" and "Opinion" sections of their website. I never look at the other sections. But, after being caught out like this, I will in future.

On Tuesday 30th January, the Cyprus Mail (the island's daily English language newspaper), published this feature about Stefania in the "Life & Style" section of it's website:

https://cyprus-mail.com/2024/01/30/cyprus-shining-star-on-ice/

As it refers to the Short Programme being held "today", and the Free Skate "on Tuesday", I suspect that the feature was originally published on Sunday 28th January, probably in the "Living" supplement. But because it was Sunday and because the Cyprus Mail doesn't have a Monday edition, it didn't get put up on the website until Tuesday.

It was written by Cyprus based German journalist Sara Douedari, and it was very interesting. I learnt some things about Stefania that I didn't know previously.

Just as a side note, in the past few months, the Cyprus Mail has started putting some of the phrases in their stories into bold to make them stand out. And this really grates with me. It's like canned laughter on TV programmes, when the producers are essentially telling you when you should be finding things funny.

On the next day, Wednesday 31st January, Stefania was also mentioned in this Press Release in the "Business And Finance" section:

https://cyprus-mail.com/2024/01/31/boc-continues-to-support-islands-outstanding-young-athletes/

Basically, it was about the Cyprus Olympic Committee taking the participants of it's “Reward Scheme for Young Athletes under 18 years old, as emerging talents in sport” to the headquarters of one of the Committee's sponsors, the Bank Of Cyprus. Stefania is one of the seven athletes in the scheme, but wasn't able to go to the bank due to her being in Korea for the Youth Olympics.

Of course, we know that Stefania unfortunately withdrew from the Youth Olympics. And on the day after it finished, Friday 2nd February, she posted an album on Instagram of some photos of her in Korea:

https://www.instagram.com/_superstefa_/p/C22Jn_rpxhM/

The second photo shows us why she didn't get to compete.

All the best to Stefania with her recovery, and we look forward to seeing her next season.

CaroLiza_fan