Table Formatting | Golden Skate

Table Formatting

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am facing an issue when it comes to controlling the width of a table cell. That is, there is no control over the width. This has become an increasing issue for me in the US Women’s thread. I like to keep info and results in the opening post, and naturally tables are the easiest way to do so. Unfortunately, the width of table cells in BB code is based on the content.

Example:

When I am attempting to insert names and results, I am forced to do a lot of formatting in order to fit everything in a manner that looks organized. I have tried numerous ways to get all cells in the table to have equal width, to no avail. However, from what I understand, it is possible for forum admins to do this via HTML (which I do not have access to. Is this possible and is there anyway you could help? I am familiar with HTML if that helps.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The [ ] icon switches between WYSIWYG mode and Coding mode. There may be add-ons in the future that allow you to control column width and cell color, but last I asked, we did not have them.

Columns adjust to the size of the largest entry. However, there is an old timer's cheap trick that still works:

Use a monospace font like Courier (old typewriter font) for your whole table. That way each character is the same width.

Decide the maximim number of characters you want for each column. Then have make each column head contain the number of characters you want it to occupy. Use underscore to fill in for spaces.

This is not lovely, but it works