Takahiko Kozuka | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Takahiko Kozuka

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hb: :points: :jaw: Awesome -- wonder what exactly that means and in what capacity will he come back?!

deedee1

Record Breaker
:hb: :points: Awesome -- wonder what exactly that means and in what capacity will he come back?!

He will come back for shows?? :yahoo:

Not only skating in shows or coaching someone, Taka wants to do more things in a bigger picture/vision, so that he can reciprocate/repay all the support and kindness that he had received during his skating days, and most of all, can show his truest gratitude to figure skating itself; for instance, doing promotional activities both nationally and internationally, having training classes esp. focused on skating skills, explaining the danger/threat/risk to get injured and the importance of cooling-down in any sports. He also wants to help South East Asian countries including Viet Nam, which do not have any skating federations yet, to found their appropriate feredations and join ISU. In these countries, there ARE skaters already, he's saying, who are so eager to compete but can't apply themselves for any competitions at all simply because there's no base/fed of their own to begin with...

What's the most interesting part for me is when Taka talked to Toyota Motors about his vision/ideas. My guess is he was thinking/fearing he may have to quit or be told "You're fired!" probably (after all, it's been 10 months or so since he joined the company...). After he and the company had several meetings and discussions into details, Toyota did approve of his vision, let him do these activities while he still BELONGS to the company. Mr Akio Toyoda must be a very very nice, thoughtful, full of mercy, endearing and such big-hearted person. :yes:

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kozuka's past experiences and pleasant demeanor should make him an awesome coach. I can imagine younger skaters would be really thrilled to work with him. Sounds like he really enjoyed doing workshops too. It felt like such a loss to skating when he retired, so this is indeed good news!

newyn

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kNyiPR_fwg

A fairly recent video of him skating in a workshop. And may I say OMG he is a gorgeous skater and can hold an edge for what seems like forever :love: I miss his skating so much! I think it is great that he is interested in coaching and passing his skill to the next generations of skaters. There is not too many with his level of blade mastery.

By the way I would love to see him skating in shows. Please come to Europe!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
A fairly recent video of him skating in a workshop. And may I say OMG he is a gorgeous skater and can hold an edge for what seems like forever :love: I miss his skating so much! I think it is great that he is interested in coaching and passing his skill to the next generations of skaters. There is not too many with his level of blade mastery.

By the way I would love to see him skating in shows. Please come to Europe!

Thanks for the video and yes to all of this! Please, come to Art on Ice or Ice Legends! :luv17:

Don't know if this is recent. Taka lost in a 1000 m race against two ice hockey pros:

https://twitter.com/moco0611chi/status/835838407909629953

(That set-up was unfair - why did Taka have to skate the whole distance by himself? :laugh:)

Edit: Happy 28th Birthday, SS God!!! :hb::dance3::hap10:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Thank you deedee1. I would say Junko has gotten better with age! She is lovely, and (even though I don't understand a word, as always!) the skaters seem very at ease with her during interviews and such. Now it makes sense why...I can also see how probably the U.S. only televised the very top skaters of her era, so it makes sense to me why I didn't know her. Enjoyed the videos!...Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
I was wondering when we'd finally hear this news. Aww, congratulations to them all.

I love it when skaters have babies and we can sort of share in their joy in their new lives. So many of these skaters we have watched since they were young, so to see them become parents.... awwww.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw it on Miki Ando's Instagram but she didn't say whether it was a boy or girl. Awwww! Congratulations! A sweet little girl. :clap:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's amazing, he always had an almost child-like aura around him, maybe a bit of innocence in his eyes and now he's a father. I'm so happy for him. I'm still sad he retired, just imagine Kozuka or Machida still in the running with the japanese team. His skating skills were, wow.