Tall and Statuesque Skaters Club | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tall and Statuesque Skaters Club

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
The Vlascenkos - Andrejs 1.83 and Alexander 1.89 according ISU Bio. But I think Alexander already reached over 1.90

Skating91

Medalist
The Averina twins are 165 and 167cm.

Valieva in boots is essentially the same height as they are wearing stilettos which give much more height than the boots, so she must be a minimum of 167cm. Valieva has her front knee bent while they are standing straight as well. She might be close to 170cm.

Untitled.jpg

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The Averina twins are 165 and 167cm.

Valieva in boots is essentially the same height as they are wearing stilettos which give much more height than the boots, so she must be a minimum of 167cm. Valieva has her front knee bent while they are standing straight as well. She might be close to 170cm.

Untitled.jpg
I find it hard to believe that the Averinas are even close to that height. Katya Selezneva is verified as being 168 cm, and the twins were always a good few cm shorter than her in pictures together (2022, 2022, 2021). I'd put them both at 165 cm at the very most, likely shorter, so Kamila is probably ~166/167 cm.

Last edited:

Skating91

Medalist
I find it hard to believe that the Averinas are even close to that height. Katya Selezneva is verified as being 168 cm, and the twins were always a good few cm shorter than her in pictures together (2022, 2022, 2021). I'd put them both at 165 cm at the very most, likely shorter, so Kamila is probably ~166/167 cm.
610e691885f5406aef398760.JPG

Listed heights are 167cm, 165cm, 175cm :shrug:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I tried to find out how tall Lindsay van Zundert is. I couldn't find a thing. She seems to be taller than me (I am 162) from when she was standing close to me. Not very accurate I'm afraid.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I have collected height data for skaters who have attempted quads. I have used sources such as the ISU bios and Wikipedia, because otherwise it is difficult to know. The ISU bios are according to what the skaters say, so a few cm here or there ;) The Wikipedia entries are probably most often based on the ISU bios. There are also different bits of information floeating around, say Christopher Bowman for whom I have found height at 178 and you have him at 186? Nic Nadeau is 183 in his ISU bio and 186 in Wikipedia. No data set on height is going to be absolutely correct ever...

Just from going what I have been able to find then. My list of quadsters, men and women single skaters, includes 414 names with heights and 220 without. The latter mostly Russian novice and junior skaters who have never been to an international comp plus. There are surely some not updated heights, but if they have not been active in the international comps then there is relatively little you can do.

The avergare height for the 351 men is 173,4 cm which is a little bit less than for the average from the Reddit thread - though it looks like that average includes also ice dancers? Which I suspect probaly makes the avergare taller than if you just count single skaters.

The list of quad attempting women is somewhat shorter than men at 136 names and it includes quite a few very young Russian skaters without any height data - only 64 heights for women and their average is 157,5 cm.

For men single skaters, I would suggest a cutoff point somewhere beyond 175 cm at least?

Some additions to the 180 cm ones and beyond:

Vrdoljak, Nicholas 195
Kovalev, Artem 185 (could be taller?)
Lee, Si-hyeong 185
Paniot, Yaroslav 185
Streubel, Franz 185
Toth, Zoltan 185
Anisimov, Andrei 184 (could be taller?)
Malikov, Evgeni 184 – started in singles, in pairs
Tarasenko, Vladislav 184
Circelli, Corey 183
Gumennik, Petr 183 (could be taller?)
Ignatov, Makar 183
Maierhofer, Luc 183 – in pairs these days?
Sezganov, Vladislav 183
Vlascenko, Andrejs 183
Appleby, Edward 182
Pfeifer, Viktor 182
Ponsart, Romain 182
Preaubert, Alban 182
Yang, Zhixue 182
Contesti, Samuel 181
Restencourt, Vincent 181
Shubin, Alexander 181
Belmontes, Chase 180
Dalla Torre, Mattia 180 – later ice dancer
Deslot, Yoann 180
Dobrin, Sergei 180
Efimchuk, Igor 180
Jahnke, Ryan 180
Kockers, Daniels 180
Nguyen, Nam 180 (his latest ISU bio has him at 180)
Oktar, Basar 180
Pavlov, Ivan 180
Phan, Joseph 180
Rauchbauer, Christian 180
Reshtenko, Georgii 180
Vidrai, Szabolcs 180
Wu, Jialiang 180
Zharkov, Maxim 180

And Nicholaj Memola is now the tallest man to have managed to jump a good quad (fully rotated and with GOE 0,00 or above). Vrdoljak did 7 attempts around 2016-7 but never managed a fully rotated one. Noah Bodenstein is maybe on his way with his 4S. Before these, the tallest guy with quads was Evan Lysacek at 188 cm.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
610e691885f5406aef398760.JPG

Listed heights are 167cm, 165cm, 175cm :shrug:
Just looked at their Olympic bios and the listed heights don't even match each other, what the hell? :scratch2:

Linoy is listed as 165 cm in metric measurements, which would be 5'5'', but her height in imperial measurements is listed as 5'4'' - Which is 162.5 cm. (October 5th, 2021)
Dina is actually listed as 164/5'4'' (August 11th, 2021), which is close enough to 5'4'' 1/2 to go with 5'4'', I guess, but Dina and Linoy are definitely not almost the same height either 😅
Arina is 166 cm/5'5'' according to her bio (August 7th 2021) - And thus actually the only one whose metric and imperial measurements match up 🤨
Alina is indeed listed as 175 cm/5'8'', though that would be closer to 5'9''. (August 7th, 2021)

I had hoped the Olympic measurements would be more accurate, but I don't think they are, help 🤦‍♀️ Like, I find Alina's 175 cm fairly believable, and then Dina's 164 would make some sense too, but Linoy would then have to be 160-ish, and definitely not 165 cm.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have collected height data for skaters who have attempted quads. I have used sources such as the ISU bios and Wikipedia, because otherwise it is difficult to know. The ISU bios are according to what the skaters say, so a few cm here or there ;) The Wikipedia entries are probably most often based on the ISU bios. There are also different bits of information floeating around, say Christopher Bowman for whom I have found height at 178 and you have him at 186? Nic Nadeau is 183 in his ISU bio and 186 in Wikipedia. No data set on height is going to be absolutely correct ever...

Just from going what I have been able to find then. My list of quadsters, men and women single skaters, includes 414 names with heights and 220 without. The latter mostly Russian novice and junior skaters who have never been to an international comp plus. There are surely some not updated heights, but if they have not been active in the international comps then there is relatively little you can do.

The avergare height for the 351 men is 173,4 cm which is a little bit less than for the average from the Reddit thread - though it looks like that average includes also ice dancers? Which I suspect probaly makes the avergare taller than if you just count single skaters.

The list of quad attempting women is somewhat shorter than men at 136 names and it includes quite a few very young Russian skaters without any height data - only 64 heights for women and their average is 157,5 cm.

For men single skaters, I would suggest a cutoff point somewhere beyond 175 cm at least?

Some additions to the 180 cm ones and beyond:

Vrdoljak, Nicholas 195
Kovalev, Artem 185 (could be taller?)
Lee, Si-hyeong 185
Paniot, Yaroslav 185
Streubel, Franz 185
Toth, Zoltan 185
Anisimov, Andrei 184 (could be taller?)
Malikov, Evgeni 184 – started in singles, in pairs
Tarasenko, Vladislav 184
Circelli, Corey 183
Gumennik, Petr 183 (could be taller?)
Ignatov, Makar 183
Maierhofer, Luc 183 – in pairs these days?
Sezganov, Vladislav 183
Vlascenko, Andrejs 183
Appleby, Edward 182
Pfeifer, Viktor 182
Ponsart, Romain 182
Preaubert, Alban 182
Yang, Zhixue 182
Contesti, Samuel 181
Restencourt, Vincent 181
Shubin, Alexander 181
Belmontes, Chase 180
Dalla Torre, Mattia 180 – later ice dancer
Deslot, Yoann 180
Dobrin, Sergei 180
Efimchuk, Igor 180
Jahnke, Ryan 180
Kockers, Daniels 180
Nguyen, Nam 180 (his latest ISU bio has him at 180)
Oktar, Basar 180
Pavlov, Ivan 180
Phan, Joseph 180
Rauchbauer, Christian 180
Reshtenko, Georgii 180
Vidrai, Szabolcs 180
Wu, Jialiang 180
Zharkov, Maxim 180

And Nicholaj Memola is now the tallest man to have managed to jump a good quad (fully rotated and with GOE 0,00 or above). Vrdoljak did 7 attempts around 2016-7 but never managed a fully rotated one. Noah Bodenstein is maybe on his way with his 4S. Before these, the tallest guy with quads was Evan Lysacek at 188 cm.
Thanks for all your entries! If you send me another list could you please list them in the format First Name Last name height so I have an easy cut and paste and don't have to reformat everything

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just looked at their Olympic bios and the listed heights don't even match each other, what the hell? :scratch2:

Linoy is listed as 165 cm in metric measurements, which would be 5'5'', but her height in imperial measurements is listed as 5'4'' - Which is 162.5 cm. (October 5th, 2021)
Dina is actually listed as 164/5'4'' (August 11th, 2021), which is close enough to 5'4'' 1/2 to go with 5'4'', I guess, but Dina and Linoy are definitely not almost the same height either 😅
Arina is 166 cm/5'5'' according to her bio (August 7th 2021) - And thus actually the only one whose metric and imperial measurements match up 🤨
Alina is indeed listed as 175 cm/5'8'', though that would be closer to 5'9''. (August 7th, 2021)

I had hoped the Olympic measurements would be more accurate, but I don't think they are, help 🤦‍♀️ Like, I find Alina's 175 cm fairly believable, and then Dina's 164 would make some sense too, but Linoy would then have to be 160-ish, and definitely not 165 cm.
I work a lot - so forgive a stupid question - but who are these girls? They are obviously medalists and very accomplished - just unfamiliar to me. Are they skaters, gymnasts? I do not know their names. My time is limited so I only follow the internationals and not Russian skating or gymnastics (no slight intended, just not enough time in my days).

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I work a lot - so forgive a stupid question - but who are these girls? They are obviously medalists and very accomplished - just unfamiliar to me. Are they skaters, gymnasts? I do not know their names. My time is limited so I only follow the internationals and not Russian skating or gymnastics (no slight intended, just not enough time in my days).
They're rhythmic gymnasts, from left to right: Dina Averina (RUS), Linoy Ashram (ISR) and Alina Harnasko (BLR).

Dina & her twin sister were used as references for Kamila Valieva's current height, but as you can see, it's not even fully clear how tall they are, so it's quite difficult to extrapolate how tall Kamila must be now. Maybe she'll eventually talk about her height herself, or they'll update the ISU bios when/if Russian skaters are allowed back into international competitions, but until then it's unfortunately only possible to give vague estimates. :scratch2:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fun tables

icewhite

Record Breaker
I think a male skater needs to be over 180 to be considered tall, so I would "erase" most men from the list. 185+ for pairs men...
Women maybe over 165. Male ice dancers over 182+ Female ice dancers maybe 168+