Team Czech Republic | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Team Czech Republic

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And Barbora's free skate. Not perfect of course, but she raised her personal best and even improved her position from 20th to probably 17th.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Short interview:

How do you evaluate your free skate?

The free was not as good as the short program but I can't say I'm dissatisfied. I just wanted to skate as good as possible, because it was for the last time I performed it.

Are you satisfied with your final placement at WJC?

To be honest, my goal was to get to the free skate, which I fulfilled and 17th place is good for me.

How do you evaluate the whole season?

It was my first important competitive season. I've fulfilled my goals for it. Some moments were not easy for me, but it is how it is and I have to move on.

What is awaiting you now?

I'm returning back to the ice, I have to get used to my new skates and prepare the new free program. I am aware there is a lot of work ahead and I'm looking forward to it. Before the end I want to thank you for the support, you are great.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
A month ago I posted about "promising young team Cimlová/Hlavsa" have split. Now I realize Denisa Cimlová will skate with a german dancer Joti Polizoakis:

Somehow I don't see a perspective in teaming up with an 8 years older dancer who competed 4 years ago for the last time :(

Sabsi

On the Ice
A month ago I posted about "promising young team Cimlová/Hlavsa" have split. Now I realize Denisa Cimlová will skate with a german dancer Joti Polizoakis:

Somehow I don't see a perspective in teaming up with an 8 years older dancer who competed 4 years ago for the last time :(

Coming from Germany, I was initially disappointed a little with this news, too. You know here in Germany we don't have a lot of talent in international competition and when I heard Joti is coming back I thought yay, this is what the German ice dance scene needs. But Joti, whose mother is Czech and he is Czech as well as Greek and German, is now running in the Czech Team and I wish him and Denisa (she is really promising) all the success in the world. They both seem happy about it.
I don't know the background of Denisa's breakup with her former partner, but there will be reasons for it and she also sees an opportunity in this new partnership with Joti. I think the age difference in ice dancing is not that limiting and Joti has been to the training center again and again for the last 4 years and is absolutely fit. I hope we will hear many wonderful things about the new Czech team, even if my German figure skating heart is bleeding a little. I look forward to both of them.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Coming from Germany, I was initially disappointed a little with this news, too. You know here in Germany we don't have a lot of talent in international competition and when I heard Joti is coming back I thought yay, this is what the German ice dance scene needs. But Joti, whose mother is Czech and he is Czech as well as Greek and German, is now running in the Czech Team and I wish him and Denisa (she is really promising) all the success in the world. They both seem happy about it.
I don't know the background of Denisa's breakup with her former partner, but there will be reasons for it and she also sees an opportunity in this new partnership with Joti. I think the age difference in ice dancing is not that limiting and Joti has been to the training center again and again for the last 4 years and is absolutely fit. I hope we will hear many wonderful things about the new Czech team, even if my German figure skating heart is bleeding a little. I look forward to both of them.
I guess someone has to balance my pessimism :biggrin:

I know about Joti's czech roots. Perhaps their first appearances would bring me more optimism.