Team U.S.A Fan Page | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Team U.S.A Fan Page

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
To TomZ has retweeted a Japaneses tweet that google translate tells me says:

Japan skating the new program by the world team trophy in the Philip Mills @MaxTAaron look the will be the first!

https://twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/584045383929593856

So we will be seeing the end of one his programs at WTT. I do wonder if there was talk of going to WTT and that was why he started work on the new one so early.

This should be the rumored Black Swan I think, but can't recall if it is a SP of FS.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It is clear that the ISU considers World Standings to be a significant factor in which individual skaters it wants to compete at WTT.
So it is perfectly reasonable that USFS would have taken into consideration Max's position as the #2 U.S. man in the World Standings. I'm not saying that it necessarily would have been the only reason that Max was chosen -- but it would have been a significant part of the conversation, IMO.

Agnes and Caroline declined to go to WTT back in 2012 if i remember right. ...

Ohhhh, that would shed light on the 2012 selection. Thank you, Jammers.

Not being argumentative, but am curious whether Zawadzki gave any reason at the time for declining WTT. Do you happen to remember?
Not saying that she did not decline. But I am curious about the reason b/c declining seems counter-intuitive esp. in her case -- given that prize money is guaranteed even to the lowest-placing team, and given that Zawadzki had been open about her family's financial hardships.

Kind of ironic, given that the debate ;) in this thread is based on the premise that WTT is a plum assignment.

Don't get me wrong -- Agnes was/is entitled to make any choice that she wanted/wants. And if she did not make any public comment about the reason, fine by me.
And the fact Agnes and Caroline did not go to WTT gave Gracie an opportunity to make a splashy debut as a senior. So all's well that ends well.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon's mother's favorite photo from Skate America 2013 :).

I had been meaning to look it up for the Bromance thread, but I think it will do more good in this one.
All these guys love to compete, but I do believe that at the same time, they cherish their camaraderie.

To TomZ has retweeted a Japaneses tweet that google translate tells me says:

Japan skating the new program by the world team trophy in the Philip Mills @MaxTAaron look the will be the first!

https://twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/584045383929593856

So we will be seeing the end of one his programs at WTT. I do wonder if there was talk of going to WTT and that was why he started work on the new one so early.

This should be the rumored Black Swan I think, but can't recall if it is a SP of FS.

Thanks, Stitch. Interesting.
To clarify, the tweet originated from Tom Z -- it is not a retweet. Pointing it out b/c it lends credence to the content.
(TZ has tweeted in Japanese before -- dunno whether he picked up the language at some point, or whether he gets help with his Japanese tweets. BTW, Max has been known to tweet in Japanese too.)

If the old TSL tweet is to be believed, it would be Max's FS. And TZ's tweet is making the TSL tweet look quite credible.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon's mother's favorite photo from Skate America 2013 :).

I had been meaning to look it up for the Bromance thread, but I think it will do more good in this one.
All these guys love to compete, but I do believe that at the same time, they cherish their camaraderie.

Thanks, Stitch. Interesting.
To clarify, the tweet originated from Tom Z -- it is not a retweet. Pointing it out b/c it lends credence to the content.
(TZ has tweeted in Japanese before -- dunno whether he picked up the language at some point, or whether he gets help with his Japanese tweets. BTW, Max has been known to tweet in Japanese too.)

If the old TSL tweet is to be believed, it would be Max's FS. And TZ's tweet is making the TSL tweet look quite credible.

Thanks for the heads up. I am just used to expecting stuff like this to be a retweet. Strange that he would not give an English one as well, but ohh well.

Anyway, new programs are fun, and TomZ is credible. . . i just might doubt auto translate.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As was pointed out upstream, this *is* a fan fest thread, right?

Max was chosen. Adam was not. The men's team is Max and Jason. Go USA men! :cheer2:Not only do I want to see Max's new program (although "Black Swan"? Is it from the movie? hated the movie. Or just the character of the black swan? Would still prefer "Rocky" :biggrin:) but I want to see Jason in every red, white and blue get-up he owns.:laugh:

Uh, not to mention that we have other disciplines (not that I follow them, but others do...)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
As was pointed out upstream, this *is* a fan fest thread, right?

Max was chosen. Adam was not. The men's team is Max and Jason. Go USA men! :cheer2:Not only do I want to see Max's new program (although "Black Swan"? Is it from the movie? hated the movie. Or just the character of the black swan? Would still prefer "Rocky" :biggrin:) but I want to see Jason in every red, white and blue get-up he owns.:laugh:

Uh, not to mention that we have other disciplines (not that I follow them, but others do...)

I think he needs to play fashion consultant to the entire team. Except Kori, she can do what she wants, she always looks good.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he needs to play fashion consultant to the entire team. Except Kori, she can do what she wants, she always looks good.
:agree:

But here is a serious question: how do they do the coaches in the KnC? I do not even remember the Olys team event, sorry to say.... So I imagine Kori will be there for Jason's skates, but which coach is there for the entire team event? Or aren't they?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

But here is a serious question: how do they do the coaches in the KnC? I do not even remember the Olys team event, sorry to say.... So I imagine Kori will be there for Jason's skates, but which coach is there for the entire team event? Or aren't they?

No coach for the whole team, the coaches come and go according to who just skated. So Kori will be in the KnC for Jason, Tom Z will be in the KnC for Max, etc. They'll just have the rest of Team USA frolicking around them being as ridiculous as possible. :laugh:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

I remember seeing pics (or was it a fan cam that had the K&C visible???) of Kori with Jason in the K & C at the Olympics. I think there is some flexibility and they want people cheering.

EDIT

Jeremy Abbot K&C at 2013. No sign of coaches, but Yuka was visible at the start. Jason is going to thrive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYWGTjRmF6Q&list=PLYdO1gL5xCr2HptSo8eNeZqZzP5tfVWVj&feature=player_detailpage#t=326

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I remember seeing pics (or was it a fan cam that had the K&C visible???) of Kori with Jason in the K & C at the Olympics. I think there is some flexibility and they want people cheering.

EDIT

Jeremy Abbot K&C at 2013. No sign of coaches, but Yuka was visible at the start. Jason is going to thrive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYWGTjRmF6Q&list=PLYdO1gL5xCr2HptSo8eNeZqZzP5tfVWVj&feature=player_detailpage#t=326

Gracie Gold K&C at 2013 - with her coach. I think it depends on the skater. :)

And yes, this sort of event is practically custom-made for Jason's perpetual sugar-high. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also, hold the sign still Max, I'm trying to read it and my reading Japanese is slow!

karne, were you able to catch what Max's sign in Japanese said? I've always wondered :think:. Something about thanking the Japanese crowd, maybe??

Ricky Dornbush's tweet is perhaps also of note. ...

Thx, karne. Definitely of note :yes:.

To go with the throwback bro photo of Max and Adam earlier in this thread, here is one of Max and Ricky:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you, NS :cool:.

Max is one of the skaters with a Japanese fan club -- maybe they will set up another meeting with him :).

Nice! I'd like Joshua to get a Japanese Fan Club too some time soon. His introspective style takes a bit of time to warm up to, and the Japanese fans have not exactly seen him at his best so far. Max and Jason are perfect for WTT because Japanese appreciate big, difficult jumps, and fun, cheesy routines quite a bit.
Next year, if Joshua can come to NHK again or something I'd be really happy to go see him skate live.

BTW, I'm going to WTT for the 16th and will get to see Max and Jason skate their short programs.

Last edited: