The diverse beauty of men in figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

The diverse beauty of men in figure skating

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The same. :popcorn: I mean his fake tan is the true definition of orange color for your skin.
I think Evan might've tried the Yuzu bath before Vancouver. Sadly, the results weren't too great. I guess it's good he tried it first, so we wouldn't have to. :biggrin:

I second the notion of Brian Boitano! Twenty-six years later, he looks like he hasn't aged a day. Poor Orser...

More zoo pics! Battle of the Swans!

Johnny "White Swan" Weir: http://assets.espn.go.com/i/eticket/20100111/photos/etick_weir03_412.jpg
Evgeni "Black Swan" Plushenko: http://plutan.tumblr.com/post/83281698422/kkfksenia
Alexei "I-don't-know-what-this-is Swan" Urmanov: http://www.leigh-i-am.com/Keri99/299keri37.jpg

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you mean too-much-fake-tan-and-hair-grease-Lysacek?

Last time I checked. He wasn't using either.

This thread is about the diverse beauty.

Just like everyone doesn't like how Max looks, but we aren't picking on his looks either.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Last time I checked. He wasn't using either.

This thread is about the diverse beauty.

Just like everyone doesn't like how Max looks, but we aren't picking on his looks either.

I always regret not putting in wink faces.

Objectively of course Lysacek is good looking. But I remain traumatised for life by Vancouver.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

Objectively of course Lysacek is good looking. But I remain traumatised for life by Vancouver.

Many of us were. And that costume where his chest was sheer and you could see his nips? No thanks. But yes, he is striking in a way in person. But his personality comes off better on tv than in real life. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

BlackPack

Medalist

When Lysacek was on DWTS, there was one instance I didn't like him. I didn't like how he treated Anna Trebunskaya when she was upset. He just left her and didn't try to comfort her or at least resolve things with her.

Then there's this whole weird thing with Vera Wang, even though they officially deny a relationship. But he lives with her. The tabs say he was a homewrecker but that Vera's marriage was already doomed and over for a long time. Maybe that's all changed now and it's over, but I haven't kept up with their gossip.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When Lysacek was on DWTS, there was one instance I didn't like him. I didn't like how he treated Anna Trebunskaya when she was upset. He just left her and didn't try to comfort her or at least resolve things with her.

Yes, and I always think he shot himself in the foot, because that was Finals week he did that, and he needed all the votes he could get against the Pussycat Doll, and instead acted like a jerk.

BlackPack

Medalist
Yes, and I always think he shot himself in the foot, because that was Finals week he did that, and he needed all the votes he could get against the Pussycat Doll, and instead acted like a jerk.

He was going to lose anyway. No one can beat Nicole Scherzinger who is possibly one of the most naturally talented dancers to grace the earth. She could easily be an elite ice dancer or even be at the top of the Bolshoi.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He was going to lose anyway. No one can beat Nicole Scherzinger who is possibly one of the most naturally talented dancers to grace the earth. She could easily be an elite ice dancer or even be at the top of the Bolshoi.

Yeah, she was the biggest ringer the show had ever had - it was seriously wrong.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nikita Katsalapov is probably my favorite of the current skaters. I also like Lambiel (who doesn't??) and Moir. Strangely, I think Plushy and Maxim Shabalin have some special charisma in them. Special mention to Daisuke, who I find to be very interesting and captivating. Oh, and to Charlie White's hair.

:agree:

ITA re: Charlie's hair. :love: Would love to have a chance to run my fingers through it! Same for Jason, no doubt b/c my fine, thin hair is the bane of my existence.

Also agree about Urmanov, who is waaaay better looking than he was in his competitive days! (He who laughs last... :biggrin:)

EDIT: Just read through a few more of the earlier posts. skateluvr/wordsworthgirl, love your taste -- Sergei G was gorgeous and I adored Kurt Browning b/c he always seemed to have such a great sense of humor. I'm a sucker for mischief-makers.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not sure if I agree with the list (Roman Kostomarov?!), but you get to see Lambiel looking dashing in a suit, and shirtless Brian Joubert (whose hotness immediately goes up into the stratosphere)!

I've never understood the hotness of Joubert........ *awkward shuffle*

Actually, the majority of that list left me pretty cold. That number three though! Wowwwwww.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty

Then there's this whole weird thing with Vera Wang, even though they officially deny a relationship. But he lives with her. The tabs say he was a homewrecker but that Vera's marriage was already doomed and over for a long time. Maybe that's all changed now and it's over, but I haven't kept up with their gossip.

Sorry to break it to you, he doesn't now nor did he ever live with Vera. And the Anna thing was edited by ABC to portray what they wanted the public to see. They are still good friends, he's also a very kind and stand-up guy.

Don't always believe what the tv, media, etc want you to believe about others.