Ticket sales | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ticket sales

mayfran

Rinkside
Strange. My ticket for the single event - print at home version - says "Intero+Practice" so I assume I could use it also to access the pratices (or at least one)....?

I wonder all event ticket also have a access to the practice for the day of the competition?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Strange. My ticket for the single event - print at home version - says "Intero+Practice" so I assume I could use it also to access the pratices (or at least one)....?
Not that strange, it says so right on the tickets page of the morning sessions. All morning event sessions have the morning practice included. :thumbsup:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I wonder all event ticket also have a access to the practice for the day of the competition?

The original all-event package does. We got like 15 (?) tickets in a package. 9 events + practices on all days Monday through Saturday.

mayfran

Rinkside
The original all-event package does. We got like 15 (?) tickets in a package. 9 events + practices on all days Monday through Saturday.

I got a one with a shopping option.
I was told I can buy practice ticket separately earlier and I thought that means they will sell the practice tickets for the day of the competition also, not only before the competition start.

tzazu

Medalist
So now you have the option to print out your tickets but if you bought them one month ago you didn't? :dev2:

russakowalena

Rinkside
Seriously? :eek: Holy... well, for me, comparing it to GPF 2015, WC 2017, CoR 2017, this is super expensive. And so far the tickets they released aren't even looking too good, a lot of good seats might not be out yet, the cheapest seats up in the balcony aren't either. What actually keeps me from buying is that there is no "print at home" option, and I kind of don't want to add 20€ more to those prices for delivery... :unsure:

So, I'll probably wait to see what tickets they'll release later. They did that in Helsinki too.

Totally agree! It is extremely expensive!
I attended many GPF, WC, EC since 2004, so can compare with other European destinations.
And I bought already flight tickets to Milan because of my birthday and Easter holidays following week, so I can't change my plans but I can afford 1-2 tickets only :(

tzazu

Medalist
I got a one with a shopping option.
I was told I can buy practice ticket separately earlier and I thought that means they will sell the practice tickets for the day of the competition also, not only before the competition start.

I bought the same, and the practices are not included. It's like a bad joke, they change prices, tickets and options whenever they want. A shame :disagree:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I bought the same, and the practices are not included.
You can buy the practice tickets for the whole of Monday and Tuesday. The other four days, there are only open practices on the main rink until start of first competition, so you’re only talking maybe 3-4 hours in the early morning, anyway. It doesn’t make much sense for the organization to let people in at 6 am and try and get them out again at 9 or so because competition starts at 10 am. I think it’s a good idea to just combine the practice tickets with the morning/early afternoon competitions.

sarama

Medalist
You can buy the practice tickets for the whole of Monday and Tuesday. The other four days, there are only open practices on the main rink until start of first competition, so you’re only talking maybe 3-4 hours in the early morning, anyway. It doesn’t make much sense for the organization to let people in at 6 am and try and get them out again at 9 or so because competition starts at 10 am. I think it’s a good idea to just combine the practice tickets with the morning/early afternoon competitions.
It was possible in Helsinki. It was a great way (at least for me) to watch many skaters but skip some events so that I could do some touring of the city as well.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
It was possible in Helsinki. It was a great way (at least for me) to watch many skaters but skip some events so that I could do some touring of the city as well.
They may yet sell separate practice tickets. I suppose once we get nearer to the event, and they start getting really worried about the not-brilliant tickets sales, they'll try everything to sell more tickets. :laugh:

Camillo

On the Ice
It doesn’t make much sense for the organization to let people in at 6 am and try and get them out again at 9 or so because competition starts at 10 am. I think it’s a good idea to just combine the practice tickets with the morning/early afternoon competitions.
I don't care about organizators' convenience, not with these huge prices.
And it was bad idea to combine morning tickets with morning practice.

All single tickets must be equal, so they should have proposed us two options:
1) every single ticket (both morning and evening) includes morning practice session for FREE
2) every single ticket has an option to add practice session for symbolic price ~1 euro.

But no, they couldn't think rationally, they just HAD to create total mess :palmf::
1. Morning single tickets (which are cheaper by the way) include practice for FREE.
2. Evening (more expensive) single tickets do not include practice AND people with these tickets have NO option to buy tickets for morning practice. Let's see, I've bought Ladies Free (Friday evening) and I want to visit morning practice on Friday, to do that apparently they want me to buy Ice dance SP (Friday morning), minimum 33 euro (+service fee). You know, in civilised world this is called "extortion".

It's sad to say but organization of Worlds 2018 sucks already :disagree:

You can buy the practice tickets for the whole of Monday and Tuesday. The other four days, there are only open practices on the main rink until start of first competition, so you’re only talking maybe 3-4 hours in the early morning, anyway.
Not everybody has a luxury to visit Worlds from Monday till Sunday 24/7, some of us are able to attend only 3-4 single event during 2-3 days, and yes, in situation like that morning pratices are also very important.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
It's sad to say but organization of Worlds 2018 sucks already :disagree:
Dunno, I've seen some bad organizations of events; so far, this one doesn't rate too badly yet IMHO. This is just trying to make as much money as possible. Not sure if it's the *smart* way to go about it, though, I mean, I'm not getting the feeling they're doing too well with the ticket sales, but I could be wrong. And the event hasn't actually started yet, so who knows what will happen. They'd better not show up with paper medals, though.

If you're after morning practice sessions, it's probably a good idea to ask them directly (if you haven't already), and that goes for everybody else, too. Let them know there's a demand for those tickets. <--- oh, but of course as soon as a seat is sold for the morning session skating event, that same seat could never be sold later as practice seat, so maybe there won't be any other sales for practice, after all. So I guess they really do want to make a buck and get people to buy tickets for the morning events. From a business sense, that's smart. From a fan's POV, that's really not very nice of them. Sounds like typical ISU to me. :drama:

Me, I'm definitely going to inquire after the print-at-home e-tickets option which apparently exists now, but didn't when I bought my tickets way back. :sarcasm:

glacia133

Spectator
Hello!

I bought a couple of packages earlier before the individual sales including the practice sessions which my friend and I cannot attend. I have a pair of tickets (Bronze 1) for practice sessions on 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 March 2018. I'm looking to sell each ticket for 20 euros. If you're interested, please send me a private message, thank you!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Same for me. I asked yesterday. Waiting for an answer.

This is the answer I am most interested to know. I hate the thought of not printing the tickets at home! Hopefully they will respond.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
In case you are interested: now they added the price for the "lowest" categories with the "less expensive" tickets. You can't buy these tickets yet. But for sure you can buy them in the future. I don't know when :)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
In case you are interested: now they added the price for the "lowest" categories with the "less expensive" tickets. You can't buy these tickets yet. But for sure you can buy them in the future. I don't know when :)

Yes that's what I'm waiting for... let's keep our eyes open! They're the only ones my student budget can afford

tzazu

Medalist
Me, I'm definitely going to inquire after the print-at-home e-tickets option which apparently exists now, but didn't when I bought my tickets way back. :sarcasm:

Same for me. I asked yesterday. Waiting for an answer.

This is the answer I am most interested to know. I hate the thought of not printing the tickets at home! Hopefully they will respond.

I did, here my question and their answer:
"I bought my tickets for World Figure Skating Championships 20 days ago. There was no option to print at home, only delivery (20€/ticket) or pick them up for free at the box office. 20 days later, miraculously, the option appears. If I want the print at home option, what do I have to do?
Thank you"
"Dear Customer
We are glad to confirm that you will find your order at the venue the day of the event. You are reminded that, in order to collect your tickets, you will need to show your TicketOne confirmation email, a proof of identity and the credit card used for the purchase.
Best Regards,"

Is it my English so bad that they didn't understand my petition?:scratch3:. So I wrote again: "I know I can collect them at the venue the day of the event. And I know that is the option I chose because IT DIDN'T EXIST the option for printing them 20 days ago. But now the option exists, and I want to print them. Thank you". Waiting for the answer, but the feeling is a NO :curse: I don't want to be waiting for collecting them the day of the event, that means that you have to go there earlier. I wish my English were better, and write them a longer mail with my opinion:handw:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it my English so bad that they didn't understand my petition?:scratch3:. So I wrote again: "I know I can collect them at the venue the day of the event. And I know that is the option I chose because IT DIDN'T EXIST the option for printing them 20 days ago. But now the option exists, and I want to print them. Thank you". Waiting for the answer, but the feeling is a NO :curse: I don't want to be waiting for collecting them the day of the event, that means that you have to go there earlier. I wish my English were better, and write them a longer mail with my opinion:handw:

Grrrr! :furious: :curse: Very aggravating, right?! I know sometimes the practice can start very early, and I want to be ready to roll the first day! There could be 1 person in line, and there could also be 101!...Anyway, I appreciate your sharing info. Maybe I should write too. Who knows, maybe if they get more requests for printing they will be more likely to allow it.

I am also wondering if the arena has Wi Fi. It was SO inconvenient at Sk Canada with no Wi Fi!

mayfran

Rinkside
I bought the same, and the practices are not included. It's like a bad joke, they change prices, tickets and options whenever they want. A shame :disagree:

I got a reply back.
Non VIP all event tickets are not including practice session, they are planning to sell practice session tickets for the morning of the competition in the future (I don't know when).
Will see how it goes.